• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Red Sox - Best Bullpen in MLB History

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with you on parity... but, the D-Rays can pay for better ball players. Who are you kidding? They might not be able to field the New York Yankees, but make no mistake about it they can field better players than the clowns they have out there now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

Ok smart one, who should they get?  Who should they have gotten?

• Content Count:  19,229

They can't field a team like the yankees or sox because

1)  the owners don't spend, which is probably related to the next point...

2)  there are no where near the quantity of fans (see attendence figures, and watch how much of that is away teams' fans)... and that is probably why the owners don't spend. 

Its cyclical... until one or the other breaks that cycle... the drays are doomed.  They tried to spend money with the hit show... but they put the money in the wrong place.

Now they have decent young hitters due to years of ineptitude getting them so many good draft picks, and Having Kazmir and the other decent starters is a good start.  They need to SPEND big money and load up the bull pen and get another pitcher. 

Problem is, its a huge gamble for the owners to pay a ton to put a potential winning product on the field... because the apathy might not go away, and they still might not win being in the same division with 4 teams that ARE willing to spend big bucks on free agents.

Drays are screwed.  Case closed.

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Gagne blows another one. 

Sox down 4-1 in 8th, Ortiz hits a bases loaded double to clear the bases and tie game.  Manny follows ith a double to score ortiz and take a 5-4 lead. 

9th inning gagne walks first batter then proceeds to give up 3 hits and a few runs to blow and lose the game. 

I kind of blame that one on Francona, why would you use Papelbon in the day game when you are up by 4 runs?  Save him for if you need him in a closer second game.  Thats why the last time i was in Boston everyone i talked with called him terry fran"coma". 

Back to Gagne, anyone can hit a 97 mph fast ball knee high and straight down the middle.  Im telling you he is working for the Yanks.  Should have never given up Gabbard.  Bad move. 

Sox win 10-5 today. Boston's pitching is amazing... with the exception of Gange. Hope he works through it.

Gagne blows another one. 

Sox down 4-1 in 8th, Ortiz hits a bases loaded double to clear the bases and tie game.  Manny follows ith a double to score ortiz and take a 5-4 lead. 

9th inning gagne walks first batter then proceeds to give up 3 hits and a few runs to blow and lose the game. 

I kind of blame that one on Francona, why would you use Papelbon in the day game when you are up by 4 runs?  Save him for if you need him in a closer second game.  Thats why the last time i was in Boston everyone i talked with called him terry fran"coma". 

Back to Gagne, anyone can hit a 97 mph fast ball knee high and straight down the middle.  Im telling you he is working for the Yanks.  Should have never given up Gabbard.  Bad move. 

Gagme can't even throw a 97 MPH fastball anymore since he got off the roids.

::)

His fastest pitch so far this season has been 94, that I have seen.  And mostly he has been around 89-90.

He's won 1 game for us, and lost 3.  **** canadians, with their floppy little heads and beady little eyes.  ;-)

Watched them last night... going tonight as well. Wakefield owns the D-Rays. 19-2

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

yeah gagne really added to great pullpen

he was added to a great bullpen, but not sure if he improved it or not.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

yankees have gained a ton of ground in last month

redsox bullpen isnt that great

Archived