• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Best/Worst rule in sports history

Joe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

JoeB made me think in his response to cowbells. what is thw best and worst rule in sports history.

best - 3 pointer or the addition of the 2 point conversion in the NFL.

worst - DH

• Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

Apparently, instant reply(in any sport) is one of the worst.  It would be different if it actually worked and was efficient.

• Content Count:  1,911

Worst rule: when a pitcher throws a passed ball or makes an era, that run is not considered an earned run. 

Best rule: the "And one" in basketball. 

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Worst rule: when a pitcher throws a passed ball or makes an era, that run is not considered an earned run. 

Best rule: the "And one" in basketball. 

Maybe if it was "and two" they would foul less. I would watch more basketball if there weren't so many fouls. Seems to ruin any kind of rhythm.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Worst Rule:  Icing vs 2 line pass -- prior to repealing the 2 line pass rule... you could beat out an icing if you could beat the defender to the puck ... but wouldn't that in effect be a 2 line pass, which is also illegal?  never quite made sense.  But then, its hockey, so most people have no f'n clue what I'm talking about sans about 5 on this site  ;-)

Another horrible rule:  Internal Out of bounds.... if the ball is on golf course property, it should not be out of bounds.  I hate when some courses inject out of bounds in the middle of their course to make it tougher, even though just over the line is just some trees or another hole on the same course.  Its one thing if the oob is off the course property, but internal is just stupid.  (see #17 at Diamond Hill in valrico)

Worst unwritten rule:  No sign stealling allowed... uh... hello... you invent signs so they won't steal your pitches and get an edge... if you aren't good enough of masking your pitches, you deserve to get your signs stolen.

Best Rule:  

DH rule... more offense! 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,601
  • Days Won:  424

Worst Rule:  Icing vs 2 line pass -- prior to repealing the 2 line pass rule... you could beat out an icing if you could beat the defender to the puck ... but wouldn't that in effect be a 2 line pass, which is also illegal?  never quite made sense.  But then, its hockey, so most people have no f'n clue what I'm talking about sans about 5 on this site  ;-)

Another horrible rule:  Internal Out of bounds.... if the ball is on golf course property, it should not be out of bounds.  I hate when some courses inject out of bounds in the middle of their course to make it tougher, even though just over the line is just some trees or another hole on the same course.  Its one thing if the oob is off the course property, but internal is just stupid.  (see #17 at Diamond Hill in valrico)

Worst unwritten rule:  No sign stealling allowed... uh... hello... you invent signs so they won't steal your pitches and get an edge... if you aren't good enough of masking your pitches, you deserve to get your signs stolen.

Best Rule:  

DH rule... more offense! 

To add a couple more to your worst list ....

Instigating rule in hockey. Again, nobody gives a crap but the elite ....

Resetting shot clock in college hoops on a kicked ball. (Did this change last year?)

Best "rule:

7 games for all series in the Stanley Cup playoffs

• Content Count:  928

Worst rule: Hockey

Best Rule: Safety

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,601
  • Days Won:  424