• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,349
  • Days Won:  10

They crack me up, if you check out their board they think they will beat us in Tampa next year.  Well most of them that is all they want is to beat us.    That game is going to be huge. 

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

The gnats, formerly golden, have always been entertaining.  I guess that's why Bulliever let's them hang around.  Of course, they once thought they would beat us at home even after losing their previous 14 games or so.  Little has changed in their minds.

• Content Count:  580

I make it a point to be courteous as a guest on this board (and use the Dumbgeon to balance my karma ;) )

So all I will say is that looking at what has transpired in our program after Game #1 (34-17 USF) - a 17 losing streak to a bowl game and then Game 2 (7 point losss to USF by a UCF 4-8 UCF team) then I can't find any rational reason to chalk this game up to a loss 3 monthes early.

Furthermore, and I do realize the risk of causing ego-inflation by even drawing this comparison up, if any of your fans had said that you would beat West Virginia last year, you would have been perceived as being nuts.  But I'm sure some of you did, and you would have made some money in Vegas.

If Cinci can do it, so can we. lol.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

What really cracks me up is that a few of them always bash our attendance ... yet they are very similar. And I expect us to surpass them by far numbers, mainly because "our" stadium holds more.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  580

I'm pretty sure this isn't an attendance thread,  ET.

You seem to have this problem a lot ie....thread about arrest not being the same as thread about personal tragedy.

You should get some meds.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,674
  • Days Won:  424

I make it a point to be courteous as a guest on this board (and use the Dumbgeon to balance my karma ;) )

So all I will say is that looking at what has transpired in our program after Game #1 (34-17 USF) - a 17 losing streak to a bowl game and then Game 2 (7 point losss to USF by a UCF 4-8 UCF team) then[glow=yellow,2,300] I can't find any rational reason to chalk this game up to a loss 3 monthes early.[/glow]

That's understandable. A fan never wants to chalk up a game as a loss no matter how early but it doesn't take much to find a rational reason as to why this should, probably, be a UCF loss. Rather than look at what transpired between our Games 1 and 2, look at what has transpired between Game 2 and Game 3. USF got better as the season went along, not sure you can say that about UCF. The Pitt games are all you really need to look as evidence. Where, I guess, you can hang your hopes is that UCF has a lot question marks coming in with the key changes on both sides of the ball. They could end up being great, positive changes so I assume this is where your rationalizing comes in. Our biggest need in the off season was coming up with a decent running game that doesn't involve MG. On paper, this appears to have been addressed but is still an unknown.

• Content Count:  289

So all I will say is that looking at what has transpired in our program after Game #1 (34-17 USF) - a 17 losing streak to a bowl game and then Game 2 (7 point losss to USF by a UCF 4-8 UCF team) then[glow=yellow,2,300] I can't find any rational reason to chalk this game up to a loss 3 monthes early.[/glow]

That's understandable. A fan never wants to chalk up a game as a loss no matter how early but it doesn't take much to find a rational reason as to why this should, probably, be a UCF loss. Rather than look at what transpired between our Games 1 and 2, look at what has transpired between Game 2 and Game 3. USF got better as the season went along, not sure you can say that about UCF. The Pitt games are all you really need to look as evidence. Where, I guess, you can hang your hopes is that UCF has a lot question marks coming in with the key changes on both sides of the ball. They could end up being great, positive changes so I assume this is where your rationalizing comes in. Our biggest need in the off season was coming up with a decent running game that doesn't involve MG. On paper, this appears to have been addressed but is still an unknown.

Yeah I think USF's running game is gonna improve.  Most of the running yards came on draw plays or scrambles.  USF's line doesn't do a great job of drive blocking because a couple of the interior linemen haven't been that big (Capogna especially).  However, USF's game has always been more about draws and making teams respect the pass first.  USf's line doesn't have to drive block but rather just hold long enough to hopefully make some lanes and allow the back to choose.  With a good back, this should get much easier.  This also can allow Matt to sit in the pocket a bit more and not worry about doing it all himself.  however, I think he'll still try to run wild and will expose himself to injury.  He makes his living off of buying extra time with his legs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

thread about arrest not being the same as thread about personal tragedy.

A person turning himself in is not like being arrested and accused of worse things as in that thread.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I don't like to bash, but I do like to talk smack at the tailgate.

Archived