• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cooper Closed/blocked off Thurs for Bomb Threat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  0

Yes the chem building was gutted and completely redone inside. The auditoriums are another story.

I'm glad to hear that! I broke my foot when I was teaching on the 2nd floor of that building in 2001 and I was so worried about getting stuck in those rickety elevators that I hobbled up the stairs in my walking cast for 6 weeks.  >:(  I can imagine Cooper having similar issues.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,911

I have NEVER saw a squirrel approach a human being, until i attended USF.  Is there anyway we can implement this into our school tradition or maybe even marketing.  "Come to USF, even the squirrels are friendly." 

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I have NEVER saw a squirrel approach a human being, until i attended USF.  Is there anyway we can implement this into our school tradition or maybe even marketing.  "Come to USF, even the squirrels are friendly." 

friendly? try insane/evil? I swear they know what they are doing. I was eating outside one day and a squirrel came up in front of me. It caught my attention for a while. Next thing I know, another one is coming up behind me ready to get into my backpack. There pretty close to evil. >:D

• Content Count:  3,574

I definitely think it was renovated, last time I saw it it was gutted.

Correct. It's much better.

I actually had a class in there during my last semester... after the renovation.

• Content Count:  213

friendly? try insane/evil? I swear they know what they are doing. I was eating outside one day and a squirrel came up in front of me. It caught my attention for a while. Next thing I know, another one is coming up behind me ready to get into my backpack. There pretty close to evil. >:D

One must also mention the famed squirrel thieves who roam the Claw. I'll forget the little rodent who swiped an unopened -- unopened -- pack of cheese crackers out of my cart at No. 10.

To quote my wife: "Squirrels are just rats with good PR..."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

hmmmm....  maybe it was a bad idea to feed the squirells peanuts and various snack items around the business building during breaks between classes. This was in the late 80s. They were bold little bastards--- walk right up and beg for whatever you would give. The smart ones refused to take the lit firecrackers.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Once while riding my bike to class (I lived off of 42nd near Fontana), I ran over a squirrel, with BOTH tires.

He lived!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

Once while riding my bike to class (I lived off of 42nd near Fontana), I ran over a squirrel, with BOTH tires.

He lived!!!

perhaps our mascot should have been ROcky the FLying Squirell instead

rockysquirrel.jpg

• Content Count:  2,118

Jeez, glad my last final was yesterday and I'm done with college  ;D

Congrats.

thanks

Archived