• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cooper Closed/blocked off Thurs for Bomb Threat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

In case anyone is on campus... stay safe.

USF Closes Cooper Hall for Thursday, June 21

Classes Will Be Held in Alternate Locations

A bomb threat has forced the University of South Florida to close Cooper Hall effective immediately. University leaders have decided that in the interest of safetyâ€â€for students, faculty, and staffâ€â€no one will be allowed into the building until the all clear is given. University Police have closed the building and are investigating.

Classes scheduled at Cooper Hall for Thursday, June 21, will be held in other locations. Students with classes scheduled at Cooper Hall on Thursday should check the university’s websiteâ€â€www.usf.eduâ€â€for information on the rescheduled classes. Students can also check at the Visitors Information Center near the main entrance off of E. Fowler Avenue and at the Information booth in the Marshall Center.

Cooper Hall staff reporting for work on Thursday should meet on the second floor of the library. Supervisors may institute a liberal leave policy but staff should consult with their supervisors.

(From Media Relations sent to staff/fac)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Let's hope it is just a threat. 

Unfortunately this type of situation happens all to frequently.

Hope they find whoever made the threat and prosecutes them.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wow...this is worse than the time the squirrel chewed the power line (crispy critter!) and shut off power to Cooper for like 4 hours!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

hmmm... taking my finals or going to jail?

taking my finals or going to jail?

Tough question I guess, but I think you dont get a make up final for calling in bomb threats and being in jail. So, this person is an idiot.  Gol'Darned Freshman.

• Content Count:  7,890

Yeah this sucks I have a final today @ cooper hall

• Content Count:  1,479

Yeah I have a final at 2 that was supposed to be in there today.

USF done a good job communicating about this, when I woke up my parents told me they saw it on the news, I had two emails about it(one from the admin, one from my prof. telling the new location of the final) and on here.

I dont know how this will factor into it, but would they also be able to add reimbursement on the construction costs? They are working on Cooper almost every day, I'm assuming that is also shut down for the day.

• Content Count:  1,479

wow...this is worse than the time the squirrel chewed the power line (crispy critter!) and shut off power to Cooper for like 4 hours!

haha, never heard that before. Just more evidence of the legend of the insane squirrels at USF.

Guest Sprtsfn627

haha, never heard that before. Just more evidence of the legend of the insane squirrels at USF.

Yeah I was in Cooper when it happened.  The had to cancel my class because you could hardly see (no windows).  Some poor people got stuck in the elevator  :D

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, I remember that squirrel incident, early to mid 90s right?

• Content Count:  2,118

Jeez, glad my last final was yesterday and I'm done with college  ;D

Archived