• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mountaintop Radio sports forum

RYHamilton

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Good movie but people got hurt because of these kids running a radio station. tragic

I'll have to look it up.  I'm not familiar with that story.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

This thread isn't as funny as the other one. The potential highlights:

1. Ryan inviting us to his forum without providing a link

2. Random pic from "Wargames"

3. Senseless attack on DataBull, tolerable only because he's older than 14 (i think)

• Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

This thread isn't as funny as the other one. The potential highlights:

1. Ryan inviting us to his forum without providing a link

2. Random pic from "Wargames"

3. Senseless attack on DataBull, tolerable only because he's older than 14 (i think)

4. USF's most respected sportswriter listing (in numerical order?)  the potential humor found throughout this dry thread

FREE RYAN!!

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Honestly, i don't see a problem with locking that thread down. 

My reasons... ryan is gone anyway, so even if people had reasons to make fun of him (and yes, they did), no need to continue now that he is not here.

officerBarbrady.gif

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

C'mon, Rob, there's ALWAYS a reason to pick on someone... we're guys, that's what we do!  =)

If he was still here... i'd say go for it... he put himself in the public eye.  He's no different than Howard Stern or Rush Limbaugh, or George W., as far as being a target for ridicule.  Being a kid, so he says, doesn't matter.  If he is a paid public personality, as he claims, grow some skin and take it like a man, eh, kid.  ;D

• Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

Personally, I think he smells like pelican poop.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

If he was still here... i'd say go for it... he put himself in the public eye.  He's no different than Howard Stern or Rush Limbaugh, or George W., as far as being a target for ridicule.  Being a kid, so he says, doesn't matter.  If he is a paid public personality, as he claims, grow some skin and take it like a man, eh, kid.  ;D

Just because I like being a pain in the butt I have to ask, if you're lumping Ryan in with those other personalities why is he off limits now? As far as I know, none of those other celebs currently post here either.    ::)

I honestly do understand what DataBull was trying to do but, to me, he just got overzealous. Nobody wants to see this turned into what the Mad Cow had sunk to before the changes. The personal attacks back and forth between posters over there were annoying as hell. That locked thread was nowhere getting to that level. In fact, 99% of the Bulls fans posting on it were having a great time with each other. I agree that making fun of some things should be off limits in the name of good taste but that thread, even in the latter stages, didn't fit that bill ..... IMHO.

A good moderator should be like what a good sports referee should be like, there but seldom heard in the official capacity. The movement of the political humor is a perfect example of what a moderator's role in here should be.

Just because I like being a pain in the butt I have to ask, if you're lumping Ryan in with those other personalities why is he off limits now? As far as I know, none of those other celebs currently post here either.    ::)

I honestly do understand what DataBull was trying to do but, to me, he just got overzealous. Nobody wants to see this turned into what the Mad Cow had sunk to before the changes. The personal attacks back and forth between posters over there were annoying as hell. That locked thread was nowhere getting to that level. In fact, 99% of the Bulls fans posting on it were having a great time with each other. I agree that making fun of some things should be off limits in the name of good taste but that thread, even in the latter stages, didn't fit that bill ..... IMHO.

A good moderator should be like what a good sports referee should be like, there but seldom heard in the official capacity. The movement of the political humor is a perfect example of what a moderator's role in here should be.

The only difference is that the only reason people are piling on Ryan is because he was here.

If he wasn't here in the first place, no one would even know his name.  If any of those other guys came here, he'd get even more verbal abuse than he already gets here.  So in that respect, it is the same... just scaled down to match the popularity, or lack there of.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I honestly do understand what DataBull was trying to do but, to me, he just got overzealous. Nobody wants to see this turned into what the Mad Cow had sunk to before the changes. The personal attacks back and forth between posters over there were annoying as hell. That locked thread was nowhere getting to that level.

The last few posts were getting close to that level.  I deleted them and locked the thread.  Some of you may be able to see those posts, but most can't.

Once you've allowed a certain level of attacks, it becomes more and more difficult to maintain.  I realize this is a higher level of moderation then has been seen on TheBullsPen before, but that doesn't make it wrong.  The purpose of this forum is to be an attack free zone.  That's they way I'm approaching it.  I don't want to be overzealous, but this forum will get out of control quickly if we don't set the proper tone.  I've seen other forums that I initially thought were overmoderated, and I've found they are actually great places to visit.  That's my vision for The Trough, as long as Bulliever will allow me to continue.  Again, I think I've been pretty invisible on posts other than those attacking other members.

Thanks for the feedback.

Archived