• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mountaintop Radio sports forum

RYHamilton

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

I never saw that one.  Is it a good movie?

Amazing!

I ask you this: If it wasn't amazing, why would Siskel & Ebert give it two thumbs up! It says so right on the front.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

This board is to have fun, not to pile on to the defenseless.

So, basically, we can't pile on anybody unless they have access to this board and can defend themselves....  I guess I need to rethink my shot at the Miani Dolphins on the other thread.

(I'm just thinking out loud here and wasn't really directed at you which is why I didn't want to bother with a PM)

• Content Count:  549

This board is to have fun...

Exactly.  Some people should lighten up, IMO. :)

• Content Count:  473

This board is to have fun...

Exactly.  Some people should lighten up, IMO. :)

I second this motion... the "kid" opened himself up by starting numerous threads about his "profession."

• Content Count:  1,812

I never saw that one.  Is it a good movie?

Good movie but people got hurt because of these kids running a radio station. tragic

• Content Count:  1,812

These kids were also just playing online when all hell broke lose and people got hurt:

wargames.jpg

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

No, I'm not talking about things that kids do that are funny.  I'm talking about kids that are attempting something serious, and are being made fun of for their efforts.

So it's OK to show a little girl getting the crap kicked out of her but making some humorous comments about teenagers that they'll never see is off limits .....

Over-moderation is a proven board killer.

Seriously.  I read that thread and, aside from Ryan complaining, I didn't think that it was lock-worthy.  I thought it was funny as all hell.  Then again, humor is a subjective thing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

These kids were also just playing online when all hell broke lose and people got hurt:

wargames.jpg

Shall-we-play-a-game?

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm not sure too many people read the messages that I deleted, so you aren't dealing with the full facts.  No one post in particular was out of line, but in totality the thread was heading down the wrong road. 

Look, the main thing I'm trying to control is the free for all mentality that exists on some of the other forums.  Mainly, we should all respect each other.  That goes for people that we don't particularly like.  Just because RH made himself an easy target, doesn't mean we should go after him.  Especially since he's 13, but regardless of his age.  Let's face it, The Mad Cow has become a bunch of people insulting each other under the thin guise of using very shaky facts to support their arguments.  If you want to attack people, head over there.  Let's keep this forum clear of in-fighting.

Here in The Trough, you can make fun of pretty much anyone who does not post here.  This isn't the place to attack or make fun of one another.  That's what caused Bulliever to open up a new forum.  If I allow these threads like that to continue, there wouldn't be much point in having two separate forums. 

As far as making fun of others outside Thebullspen, that's tougher.  I would expect to keep that somewhat broad, but I think there are some lines that shouldn't be crossed here.  I would hope we'd all agree that we shouldn't make fun of people with disabilities, for example.

Lastly, I don't want to overmoderate.  Anything that I'm not sure about, I won't touch unless there are complaints.  I've left a couple of borderline political posts here, until someone else posted replies that pushed it over the edge and I moved them. 

I hope I've clarified things a bit more.  Feel free to ask more questions about where I'm coming from.  These are always learning processes at first, I'm hoping The Trough will be a safe, fun environment.

Archived