• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mountaintop Radio sports forum

RYHamilton

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

No, I'm not talking about things that kids do that are funny.  I'm talking about kids that are attempting something serious, and are being made fun of for their efforts.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

No, I'm not talking about things that kids do that are funny.  I'm talking about kids that are attempting something serious, and are being made fun of for their efforts.

So it's OK to show a little girl getting the crap kicked out of her but making some humorous comments about teenagers that they'll never see is off limits .....

Over-moderation is a proven board killer.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I took direct action on RyHamilton.

The thread was locked because there were many people making fun of children who have undertaken the enterprising task of creating their own news station.  I don't see anything funny about making fun of teenagers and pre-teens who are actually doing something constructive as opposed to spray painting profanity on water towers.

I took no action on the RH thread because of his actions.  I took action on that thread because it was obviously making fun of kids being creative and constructive.

Making fun of children is off limits.  Is that a clear enough rule?

On that note...

RyHamilton was banned for his actions on this site.  His flipout that resulted in the deletion of over 20 threads by MikeB and myself was over the line.

He will no longer be posting here.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Won't he just make another account?  He's already had 4.

By the way DataBull, you're a little too over-sensitive here.  Maybe Brad should rethink your mod status if you're going to act like that.

The thread was locked because there were many people making fun of children who have undertaken the enterprising task of creating their own news station.  I don't see anything funny about making fun of teenagers and pre-teens who are actually doing something constructive as opposed to spray painting profanity on water towers.

I took no action on the RH thread because of his actions.  I took action on that thread because it was obviously making fun of kids being creative and constructive.

On that note...

RyHamilton was banned for his actions on this site.  His flipout that resulted in the deletion of over 20 threads by MikeB and myself was over the line.

So, is it OK to make fun of chldren who have been banned from here?  8)

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

On that note...

So, is it OK to make fun of chldren who have been banned from here?   8)

Absolutely, if they are "paid" public personalities, feel free  ;)

On that note...

So, is it OK to make fun of chldren who have been banned from here?   8)

Absolutely, [glow=green,2,300]if they are "paid"[/glow] public personalities, feel free  ;)

Well, I'm sure he's not doing those XM and Sirius radio shows for nothing...  ::)

Won't he just make another account?  He's already had 4.

By the way DataBull, you're a little too over-sensitive here.  Maybe Brad should rethink your mod status if you're going to act like that.

That is Brad's right.  For now, I have moderator rights on this board.  Brad created this board because he was tired of the antics in The Mad Cow.  By the way, had I seen the threads by Ryan Hamilton, I would have certainly deleted him and recommended him for a ban.  I got here afterwards, when the supposed adults on this board figured it was fair game to try and humiliate a child (Ryan) and the kids that are working on their own web site.  I responded to that.

This board is to have fun, not to pile on to the defenseless.  I'm sure that you know the difference.

If anyone has further questions or comments for me, please use the PM feature. 

Thank you.

• Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

This whole kids radio station thing scares me- did everyone forget this piece of history:

pump_up_the_volume.gif

Archived