• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ricky Ponton - Glad to see ya go!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Well even in the off season ignorance still is abundant on the board.  For all you pea brained Pat bashers lets take this to the next logical step.  If Pat was the starter and he was following the coaches orders then JL must be one dumb-ass head coach.  What would you have liked Pat to do - Say "No Coach I'm not going in because I am not a great QB".  Ya think JL might be starting the best QB he had and the one he thought would give the Bulls the best chance to win ?  All Pat did was do his best when asked to play,became a team leader on and off the field and showed a huge amount of class(which is clearly lacking by Pat bashers) when he was benched in his senior year.  Yes, I would be proud to meet Pat and thank him for his time at USF and let him know I for one have a huge amount of respect for him as a player and person.

As for Ponton I wish him luck and hope he has success in his future.

Can anybody explain dabull's "next logical step" to me??

That post is about as clear as mud.

Why are some of you guys trying to make rocket science out of this?

Two facts:

1) Pat Julmiste was not a good or even a decent QB.

2) He was a student athlete who kept his nose clean, played hard, and kept a good attitude.

Why spin it in either direction?????  ???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Those that boo our players always seem to boo starters only.

By their rational, our depth isn't what they would like ... booing our 2nd and 3rd string would be the same ... actually, they should go to classes and boo students because they were not even good enough to make the roster, let alone a scholarship.

Some seem to 4get that this IS a team sport and when they boo, they ARE booing the team as a whole SOFAKING sad.

I will miss Ricky Ponton.

Go BULLS !!!

But when I am paying for my classes and I see someone getting a free ride that should not be, as a paying student, I have the right to boo.  I paid for my classes and graduated with a 3.97 GPA.  This guy gets a free ride and doesn't produce on the field (like scholarship players should).

This logic is so crazy it's hard to not chuckle when reading it.  Of course you got a 3.97 when no one can verify, or qualify.  My guess is you're just perpetuating another myth. 

As for receiving a quality education for free, given the fact you couldn't perform to his level even if given the opportunity (here's where i am sure you'll throw in your all-state QB credentials), measuring a players performance and his right to receive a scholarship again is taking an extremist position.  So should any 'starter' for all sports arbitrarily lose their scholarship because of a bad year, bad play, or poor example?  What if that person is the best we've got at that respective position?  What are you Dean Elias from the movie "Necessary Roughness."  "But Dean without those players I can't field a football team."  Elias, "Exactly Coach."

Oh and you have every right to "BOO" and others have every right to call you an ass for doing it.  Guess who I'll be cheering for. :D

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

What is it with some people?  Why are we discussing Pat Julmiste?  Perhaps this thread should fall under the Greenberg Rule and be deleted.  Especially since some people feel an overwhelming need to point out that Pat Julmiste wasn't a superstar. 

:oldnews

• Content Count:  385

This thread is just plain tacky.  Have respect for the players especially our players

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I thought this thread was about someone who seems to have cared more about himself than his school or his team.

I for one hope ALL of that type leaves.

Thanks PAT!

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  509

speaking of Pat Julmiste, does anyone know if he's still in bucs rookie camp?

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I would have to say that this thread has deteriorated in to one of the most comical threads in a while.  How did we go from saying good bye to Ricky to blaming the 2004 season on Pat Julmiste.  Too funny!!!!

First of all, I believe Ponton let this team down last year by his off the field activities and he was in the dog house before that because of his attitude and work ethic (among other things).  I don't think he would have been a record setter here, but he could have been a meaningful part of this offense and now we have a problem with experience which may come up to hurt us early in the year.

How the hell do people blame Julmiste for the 2004 season?  First of all, he wasn't the starter when the season started.  He was only a sophomore, but even at that, have you ever looked back and take a look at the makeup of that roster?  Apparently not because that was a team that went into the season with a hope and a prayer in the first place.  On offense we were just getting over the Brian Fisher fun and games (talk about letting your team down).  The offense had 2 true freshmen and a sophomore at receivers.  Andre Hall was just coming in and took a few games to get going.  On defense, 3 out of the 4 DBs that started were freshman, our LBs were young.  The guy expected to be our best D lineman took a red shirt so he could play in the BE the following year, our best DB was shot in the off season so he redshirted and you can only blame Julmiste for a 4-7 year.  That's just too funny.  

As far as Pat goes, it's pretty funny that people have the balls to say he was a waste of a scholarship when the players that took the field with him for 3 and 4 years consistently hold him up as a strong leader on and off the field.  While he may not have been the most talented QB, he still garnered the respect of the players.  I'll take that with a hell of a lot more credence than someone just popping off on anonymously on a message bioard.  

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

^thank you very much!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

... I have the right to boo.  I paid for my classes and graduated with a 3.97 GPA.  This guy gets a free ride and doesn't produce on the field (like scholarship players should).

So why didn't you boo other scholly players that didn't even make the field ?

Well, you obvious went to "class", but didn't leave with much  ;D

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  104

When MG was out of the game due to injury, we had a QB with a ton of experience to replace him. PJ didn't have to win the game, he just needed to manage it. i.e. ECU. I wish he was still around this season in case MG gets hurt again because our new 2nd string QB has no experience to draw from. 

Archived