• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Summer Concerts

SeaBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone going to any good concerts around town?

I'm super excited that 311 is coming to town for a second year in a row with special guest Matisyahu (pronounced 'modest-yahoo') on Wed, July 18th...one day after summer C finals!!!

I know that Jannus Landing in St. Pete has lots of good stuff...anyone been there recently?

I'm sure there are a few old farts on this board that are going to the Journey concert soon  ;D

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

June 16th - RUSH - the best 3 piece band to ever exist!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Actually SeaBull, this will be 311's fourth straight year at the Ford Amp.  Before that, they played at Vinoy Park in 2003, the day after they played Hard Rock Live in Orlando (as they did in 2002).  311 headed the Vans Warped Tour, which played at USF in 2001.  Before that, I couldn't tell you, since I was not much of a concert-goer until after I turned 17.

Yeah, I am a bit of a fan...I have been to nine 311 shows total, including 311 Day 2006 in Memphis.

Oh, and The English Beat (classic two-tone Ska) will be opening for 311 as well...I am super psyched about seeing them as well.

• Content Count:  928

Since I've only lived in Tampa for a year and a half, they have only been here 2 years in a row  ;)

Another good concert coming up is Reel Big Fish w/ Less than Jake at Jannus Landing. Too bad it's on a sunday. Also, Dave Matthews is coming in August I think. Had to sell me tickets last year day of because I had a final the next day.

Don't care much about the English Beat but cannot wait for Matisyahu. Ever since I heard his music for the first time, I've wanted to see him LIVE! I've got seats in the 200 rows and seats such at high energy concerts like this.

I am psyched about seeing Matisyahu as well.  His "Live at Stubb's" album is phenominal, and I would give anything to hear him perform "Chop 'Em Down" at the show.

I'll be in the Pit...that's the only place I can be...

• Content Count:  127

Hoping to hit Rush as well.  Keep missing their Ford Amp appearances  :(

Just found out that Def Leppard, Styx & Foreigner are playing there in August.  Definitely got to hit that.  Saw Styx & Foreigner there last year...a helluva show.

Saw the Neville Brothers & Ziggy Marley at the Taste of Pinellas last weekend.  Great time.  Love those free outdoor concerts  :)

Looks like I'll be missing that KC and the Sunshine Band show at BG this weekend <sigh>

• Content Count:  1,803

I'm young so I'm stoked about projekt revolution...Linkin Park, Taking Back Sunday etc., Reel Big Fish is another must go. Jannus landing is an awesome place to see a show.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

LOL... I'm 33 and I saw Reel Big Fish about 10 years ago, with Goldfinger, Save Ferris, and Sugar Ray.  Great freaking show.

Archived