• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blast from the past.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

After our announced  series with Miami, this old letter (4 years) will tell you how FAR USF has moved.

© St. Petersburg Times

published February 23, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USF, it's simple: You are scared to play UCF

I am writing to let you know my thoughts on USF. As everyone knows, USF's athletic department continues to avoid a UCF-USF football series for whatever reason they can concoct at the time.

As a proud UCF supporter/alumni, nothing sickens me worse than seeing (USF athletic director) Lee Roy Selmon and crew continue to put off the inevitable and natural rivalry between the two schools. USF continues to claim it wants to be part of the "Big Three" schools, yet joins a conference that is hardly the SEC, ACC or Big East.

Fact is, if USF wants to be seen as the next FSU, UF or UM, it should have stayed independent until the time came to join a "Big Three" conference. As it stands, UCF's MAC conference dominated USF's Conference USA this year in football.

USF fans/alumni continue to convince themselves they want to be the next UF, FSU or UM, but those schools have played or will play UCF. UM has actually inked a 2-for-1 with UCF this year.

If those schools schedule UCF, why not USF?

I believe the real reason is fear. My analogy is the bully who talks and talks and talks, but when the day comes to settle the score, the bully is nowhere to be found. The sad realization that UCF would beat USF is just too much for ol' Lee Roy and crew to take.

I would relish a game with USF if nothing more than to knock Lee Roy Selmon and crew off their proverbial high horse.

-- Chad Hinson, Orlando

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Typical Knight.

Been there done that.

Next!

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

You mean to tell me USF knew what they were doing and didn't just do whatever UCiF told them to do? ****!  ;D

I think the thing that burns UCiF the most is that they thought USF was going to have to go through them to get where they wanted to go. It's turning out that that's not the case.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

This really should be on the Poo Flinging Board...

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

UM has actually inked a 2-for-1 with UCF this year

This brings up something very interesting.

It's good to see the Florida schools playing each other. Keeps the money in-state. So many in-state games, this wil be VERY INTERESTING.

USF @ UCF

UCF @ UM

UM @ UF

UF @ FSU

USF @ FIU

UM @ UCF

UM @ USF

FIU @ UF

FIU @ USF

FSU @ UF

UCF @ UM

USF @ UF

USF @ UM

UF @ FSU

FAU @ USF

FAU @ UF

FSU @ UF

UM @ USF

UF @ FSU

USF @ UM

UF @ UM

FAU @ USF

FSU @ UF

UM @ USF

USF @ UF

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

After our announced  series with Miami, this old letter (4 years) will tell you how FAR USF has moved.

© St. Petersburg Times

published February 23, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USF, it's simple: You are scared to play UCF

I am writing to let you know my thoughts on USF. As everyone knows, USF's athletic department continues to avoid a UCF-USF football series for whatever reason they can concoct at the time.

As a proud UCF supporter/alumni, nothing sickens me worse than seeing (USF athletic director) Lee Roy Selmon and crew continue to put off the inevitable and natural rivalry between the two schools. USF continues to claim it wants to be part of the "Big Three" schools, yet joins a conference that is hardly the SEC, ACC or Big East.

Fact is, if USF wants to be seen as the next FSU, UF or UM, it should have stayed independent until the time came to join a "Big Three" conference. As it stands, UCF's MAC conference dominated USF's Conference USA this year in football.

USF fans/alumni continue to convince themselves they want to be the next UF, FSU or UM, but those schools have played or will play UCF. UM has actually inked a 2-for-1 with UCF this year.

If those schools schedule UCF, why not USF?

I believe the real reason is fear. My analogy is the bully who talks and talks and talks, but when the day comes to settle the score, the bully is nowhere to be found. The sad realization that UCF would beat USF is just too much for ol' Lee Roy and crew to take.

I would relish a game with USF if nothing more than to knock Lee Roy Selmon and crew off their proverbial high horse.

-- Chad Hinson, Orlando

It is simply hilarious how everything in this guy's letter has proven to be completely incorrect.  Gotta love that ucIF kool aid!

• Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

Actually i think it belongs in the Hall of fame. It is a classic showing our program growths and how some opponents doubted what USF was doing

• Content Count:  2,726

UM has actually inked a 2-for-1 with UCF this year

This brings up something very interesting.

It's good to see the Florida schools playing each other. Keeps the money in-state. So many in-state games, this wil be VERY INTERESTING.

USF @ UCF

UCF @ UM

UM @ UF

UF @ FSU

USF @ FIU

UM @ UCF

UM @ USF

FIU @ UF

FIU @ USF

FSU @ UF

UCF @ UM

USF @ UF

USF @ UM

UF @ FSU

FAU @ USF

FAU @ UF

FSU @ UF

UM @ USF

UF @ FSU

USF @ UM

UF @ UM

FAU @ USF

FSU @ UF

UM @ USF

USF @ UF

Funny, how you see UF and FSU not GOING to play anyone, except one game in 2013.  If anyone is scared, its UF and FSU.  I will be surprised the day that UF signs the contract to come and play in tampa.  I think that 2015 game should be in Tampa...

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  172

Poor UCF. Their fans and atheltic administration have all of the desire in the world, to build them selves up, and chastise our program. The facts are that they have had many a year to do what we have done, beat high profile opponents that they were not supposed to. I will admit that I am not well versed in UCF football, but the only semi-recent big win I remember is against Alabama. When you look at USF we have big wins against a list of opponents too long to list, and in only ten years  of play.

I have no problem with UCF, and do not mind our playing them, but we need to just move past them, and not be bothered with their nonsense until they either beat us, or do something to warrant the attention. USF has most definitely earned our series with UM, by our stellar perfromance in our brief history.

Remember somebody outside of USF wanted this series to happen(ESPN), and for it to happen on a prime football weekend. Keep in mind that ESPN not only pushed for the addition of the two games in 2010 and 2011, but they had the 2012 and 2013 games moved to the Thanksgiving weekend slot. A great day to be a Bull. Now we need to go out and do what we know how to do. Beat an opponent no one gives us a chance to beat! Get ready Miami, here come the Bulls!

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Nice find.

BTW....wasn't Chad Hinson another of Phil's handles?

LOL.

Oh btw folks....please make sure you adhere to proper protocol and use UCiF whenever possible.

Archived