• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WHY NO HOT?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  446
  • Days Won:  0

I've been away for a bit, so I'm sure this has been covered.  Just want a quick answer to why the band was not there last night.  Not only did we miss them...but I brought 4 prospective future attendees, and I would've liked for them to get the full experience.... would have been nice for the club to be open as well, but I can understand the cost/benefit on that one.

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I think the reasoning is that it is hard to congregate a large group like that when there isn't really an official class (as it is in the fall for football season), and to get that many folks organized and such can be a major undertaking.

Feel free to email mrobinson@arts.usf.edu, Dr. Robinson is the director of athletic bands.....maybe he can give you the official reasoning.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Personally, I would like to see the alumni band work the spring game. I believe it is what UC does.

• Content Count:  2,726

Marching Band is only a Fall Class, however Basketball Pep Band is a spring class and there are at least 100 members of the two Basketball Pep Bands(womens and mens).  To be honest, I dont think there was enough buzz about the Spring Game at school to justify bringing the Band.  Its a shame, because I think it would have been great to have a little pep band out there playing some tunes for everyone...maybe not even the whole game, you know?  

The Directors have alot of other spring activities that they are involved with, but the spring game is one that(i believe) they should add to the calendar for the BBall Pep Bands, at least!

Make sure to Email Dr. Robinson for next season.  Hes very active with athletics and Im sure he would love to get the band there, if he could.  There was just no public out-cry or demand for a band to be there.  It needs to be put on the calendar at the beginning of the season.

A few friends and I brought our trumpets out and played a few things around the tailgating grounds though...reppin' HOT Trumpets "Scream Team" 2002.

• Content Count:  1,433

If there is not an "atmosphere" at the game next time, I think many wives will stay home.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

I'm almost expecting someone to post "Why did we not schedule an opponent for the Spring game?"

• Content Count:  1,433

Marching Band is only a Fall Class, however Basketball Pep Band is a spring class and there are at least 100 members of the two Basketball Pep Bands(womens and mens).  To be honest, I dont think there was enough buzz about the Spring Game at school to justify bringing the Band.  Its a shame, because I think it would have been great to have a little pep band out there playing some tunes for everyone...maybe not even the whole game, you know?  

The Directors have alot of other spring activities that they are involved with, but the spring game is one that(i believe) they should add to the calendar for the BBall Pep Bands, at least!

Make sure to Email Dr. Robinson for next season.  Hes very active with athletics and Im sure he would love to get the band there, if he could.  There was just no public out-cry or demand for a band to be there.  It needs to be put on the calendar at the beginning of the season.

A few friends and I brought our trumpets out and played a few things around the tailgating grounds though...reppin' HOT Trumpets "Scream Team" 2002.

It's just lame to not have the Band out there.  Not possible to mobilize even 50 of them across town YET the FAMU Band can be mobilized from 5 hours away in "our town" for a political rally for Barrack Obama?  How is that?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

This was my fourth Spring Game, and the band has never been there.

It's like kickoff/punt returns...they just aren't present...

• Content Count:  2,363

It's just lame to not have the Band out there.  Not possible to mobilize even 50 of them across town YET the FAMU Band can be mobilized from 5 hours away in "our town" for a political rally for Barrack Obama?  How is that?

Because the Marching 100 is one of the preeminent marching organizations in the country, and they stay active year round.

And I'd love the HOT at the spring game as well, but I'd also rather not half-ass it. If they were to send 50, would talk turn to "we couldn't hear them" or "why is the band so small"?

Archived