• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WHY NO HOT?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

I'm almost expecting someone to post "Why did we not schedule an opponent for the Spring game?"

All kidding aside, that would be a great idea.  Kind of like how high schools do the spring jamboree thing.  Bring a few schools out and rotate the teams.  Never happen but it could have been pretty cool.

• Content Count:  10,219

could we scrimage against UF? ;D

the band would be nice, also the dance songs that play during the games would have been nice. i brought my kids and they were bored...those thing would have kept them "in the game"

• Content Count:  2,726

Once again, let me say that there was no request for the band to be at the Spring Game.  If there was a request, Dr. Robinson would have brought the "Show Band"(which is a smaller group of musicians) to play at tailgate and maybe during the first couple of quarters.  If there is a demand for the band by the students, faculty and alumni they will arrange a group for next season.  However, it wont be the whole band because the FULL Marching Band meets in the Fall.  Only the BBall Pep bands meet during the spring.  

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Spring Game is for hardcore, jonesing football fans only. Leave all that fluff until the fall when we NEED the non hardcore women and children there...  8-)

[edit]To not tick off the hardcore women and children fans[/edit]

• Content Count:  2,363

Once again, let me say that there was no request for the band to be at the Spring Game.  If there was a request, Dr. Robinson would have brought the "Show Band"(which is a smaller group of musicians) to play at tailgate and maybe during the first couple of quarters.  If there is a demand for the band by the students, faculty and alumni they will arrange a group for next season.  However, it wont be the whole band because the FULL Marching Band meets in the Fall.  Only the BBall Pep bands meet during the spring.  

GO BULLS!!!

While I didn't make a formal request, I did ask the question where I knew at least some of the Powers that Be could see it, and I know at least one of the asst. directors did and responded over on the HOT message board:

http://herdofthunder.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=generalinfo&action=display&thread=1167358394

• Content Count:  2,726

Spring Game is for hardcore, jonesing football fans only. Leave all that fluff until the fall when we NEED the non hardcore women and children there...  8-)

[edit]To not tick off the hardcore women and children fans[/edit]

The Herd of Thunder is not FLUFF.  I do agree that the Spring Game is for "hardcore jonesing"(liked the way you put that...lol) football fans.  YET, it adds to the environment to have a band for Tailgating, as well as leading the "hardcore" fans through the first one or two quarters; not just to add "fluff", but to simply give the true college football atmosphere(for the team and the fans).  In addition to this, informing our young fan base about our school traditions is imperative to future success.  It is necessary, in my opinion, to have the band at this game!

Go BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  1,532

I bet money might have something to do with it.  During the fall, athletics pays for the busses, etc.... I bet athletics never tried to pay for it.  Who knows...  I know the band directors knew about it and I bet they tried.

If you REALLY want to band at the next spring game... I would write and lobby Athletics.  The band can only do what they can with what they have.  Funds are tight as is... a few grand in busses + getting non-active members + checking out instrustments = a mess.

Basketball band is over for spring... most instruments (besides the small 27 member show band) have turned everything in.  I bet (like someone said above) that is they took 27 members, all kinds of "small band" comments would result.  An more so... would it be worth it in RJS.

The only way to get it is to demand it!

Archived