• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Camping outside the SunDome?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Why? I doubt that there will be a lack of supply of seats next year... new coach or otherwise.

To try to change the apathy the student body has about our basketball program.  Why not turn supporting USF basketball into a fun experience that goes beyond what happens on the hardwood.  

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Why? I doubt that there will be a lack of supply of seats next year... new coach or otherwise.

To try to change the apathy the student body has about our basketball program.  Why not turn supporting USF basketball into a fun experience that goes beyond what happens on the hardwood.

Great reason. This hire is just the first of many things about our program that HAS to change. It's going to take the basketbal savvy students to recruit like hell to get bodies to the Dome. This hiring, alone, is not going to excite the fringe or casual basketball fans on campus to come to games.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Camping out isn't going to change the apathy the study body has for the program... people who don't come to the games won't care that people camped out for games that aren't going to even come close to selling out. Fun it may be, but necessary it is not. Let's try to fill the sundome before we can think about needing to form a line the night before.

• Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Camping out isn't going to change the apathy the study body has for the program... people who don't come to the games won't care that people camped out for games that aren't going to even come close to selling out. Fun it may be, but necessary it is not. Let's try to fill the sundome before we can think about needing to form a line the night before.

It's not about filling lines.  We had a group that camped out when Seth was here and it's the point of actually having fun doing it.

It was cool seeing the tents during my freshman year at USF (2001-2002)

Students love a party why not try to market it as come for the party stay for the basketball.  I dont see us doing too much better next season on the court unless heath brings in all it potential recruits from Arkansas.  Anything to improve fan support should be tried. I know of people what only go to the football games because of the tailgate environment why not try to draw those kind of people to basketball as well.  If the on the court product isnt up to snuff you have to try something to improve fan support and i think something like this could work.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Of course it's not "necessary". It won't be "necessary" for years, if ever. The point is to try and make the games an event, something fun to go to, for the not so rabid basketball fan.  

Of course it's not "necessary". It won't be "necessary" for years, if ever. The point is to try and make the games an event, something fun to go to, for the not so rabid basketball fan.  

Exactly my point.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

maybe the athletic department will actually do some on campus promotions during the day of a game.  

i have brought this up countless times and i get the same arguement everytime "its not hard to know there is a b-ball game, the students shouldnt need to be told"

BS.........

students want to be where the excitement is.  if you can build a little buzz on campus by getting signs out there, running contests, music for tailgate, etc.

by the way...doesnt Brad have that user name trademarked or something?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

The first time I came on campus back in 1999 when I visited, I saw the tents.

That made me think "wow, that's hardcore!"

Archived