• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How much money to go w/o USF FB?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

2) Weather...some people love 11 months of heat; I, however, do not.  ...

Not at all accurate . . . sometimes October can be comfortable . . . and as deep as April we can have nice weather.

On the contrary, E.T.  It is 100% accurate, because weather is always a very SUBJECTIVE arena.  There are many things that are absolute in life, but weather isn't one of them.  

I think it is too hot in FL 10-11 months out of every year.  You do not.  We are both right.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I may get blasted for this, but here goes.  When choosing to relocate, USF football should be pretty far down on that list.  You have to do what's right for you and your family.

As I've said before, my family always comes first.  If that makes me less of a Bulls fan, I'm okay with that.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I can also add that i did not move because of money (soon to be wife 3/3) is attending grad school. However, my job is what is going to probably end up keeping us here. Sadly the bay area can not compete with nyc and chicago when it comes to the financial mkts.

As for the weather i will say both extremes suck. When it is 90 + and humid or when it is 0 and freezing. Snow birds have it right.

The ops are in the South.  When it comes to cold weather, forget it.  I already turned down an extra $10K to move to OH (state tax and cold weather costs plus misery).  I was born and raised in Omaha, NE 'til age 7.  Lived in subtropics ever since.  My blood is thinner than alcohol.  Lived in WV for two yrs and a 8 mo stay in SC betw. 7 & 41 yrs of age.  Hated the winters.  Anyone that lives north of the Mason/Dixon line is nutz IMO.  When you get stuck outside when its zero degrees, body parts turn black and fall off.  If you are in 100 degree, 90% humidy, I can sit under a shade tree, take my shirt off, drink lemonade/beer and relax.  You can have your icy roads, snow filled drive ways, and 6 mos. of gray cloudy skies.  No wonder basketball and hockey are popular up north.  That's all there is to do betw. Nov. and April.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

BullDoug - agree 100%! Let them try waterskiing on New Years Day, or riding with the top down, or lying in the grass and watching fireworks the night before.

I'm always amazed at the people that come down here and ***** about it,

GO HOME!  Hell, if half of them would stay away, we wouldn't be so crowded anyway.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

If that was intended to mimic the Boston/New England vernacular, "wicked" is an adverb in and of itself; no -ly necessary.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

When choosing to relocate ... You have to do what's right for you and your family.

Very true and how I went from "New Tampa" (within 5 miles of USF) to Clermont to Baltimore to Phoenix.

You have to provide.

However, I will say this.  Moving away from the activity around USF is what I miss most about Florida.  All the games, functions and people that I met through USF and this site, the friends and the opportunity to possibly make a difference...all is missed and is one of the main reasons I would move back at the first opportunity.  

At a pay cut? Yep, indeed.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I may get blasted for this, but here goes.  When choosing to relocate, USF football should be pretty far down on that list.  You have to do what's right for you and your family.

As I've said before, my family always comes first.  If that makes me less of a Bulls fan, I'm okay with that.

Apis, this goes back to quality of life.  I luv college football.  Born in NE (Cornhusker fan since I understood what a football was) and played HS & college for two yrs.  Was decent at it (LB/DE) too.  Gawd I luv to watch good D.  I still kick myself for quiting over the weather in WV.  Dream job is to coach college.  Tried to at the Pop Warner level but you havta know someone to get your foot in the door.  The eight weeks of live USF football plus 4-5 weeks of USF football on TV are my hobby.  I really have no other true hobbies except running the kids to thier Sat. sporting events.  If I luv'd to deep sea fish more than any other activity or play golf, moving to South Dakota would make me unhappy.  Now if I was a hunter or skier, its a different story.  So I disagree with you.  Plus I thought is was a decent topic for a thread.  And yes if you don't consider not going to USF football games when changing employeers is a possibility, I would put your fan intensity level at a lower level than mine.  That's neither good nor bad.  Just different.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

as soon as i finish school I am out of this hell hole. I will though come back for 4 or so games a year.

I will help you pack, please tell me you are moving out of state.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928

Okay, I've kept quiet long enough. I've been lurking these boards since the loss at Cincy.

I have to come clean, I was the jerk that voted for the 3K-5k range, but that was an accident. But I don't think I can retract my vote.

Here is my story...and why I can live without going to every home game. I grew up in Seattle following the Huskies (UW) - which started my hatred for Miami since they beat out UW for the Nat'l Championship in the early '90s. I ended up in Florida after I nearly failed out of school at D1AA Eastern Washington. Then I joined the Coast Guard and got stationed in Key West. When I got out, I decided to declare Florida State residence since I was about to get married and my Quarter credits easily transferred to Semester Credits.

Now, after picking USF SOLEY based on location...beaches...I haven't regretted a second of it. I was hooked on the Bulls the second I saw them play McNeese, but not a moment sooner - didn't even know the USF mascot until last year. A lot of people in Washington are big FSU fans for some reason so I was kinda on the bandwagon when I moved here, but I had no desire to go to school in Tallahassee, so I didn't.

Having said that, my heart is now with the bulls, but it's in Seattle too. I love the mountains and the snake-free waters. There are no fire ants there and pretty much, the only things that could kill humans grow hair. I will end up back there if I have the chance, but I will also get every sports channel known to man so I would never miss a bulls game.

If I was offered huskies tickets on the 50 yd line but the Bulls game was on TV at the same time...I'm staying home to watch the game.

I am with Mid-Atlantic-Bull on this...

The weather is nice, but I miss Seattle's crappy weather.

Seattle is WAY bigger than Tampa but I thoroughly HATE driving here. I living in Town and Country, go to school at USF full time, and have a part time internship in Pinellas Park. I've lived and driven a lot of places and this place is the worst, hands down...I HATE DRIVING HERE!!

I am the stereotype...student getting his degree at drive-thru U, then moving on. I am simply in transit. I'm majoring in Engineering concentrated in Energy so that could take me anywhere. One thing is for sure...I'm a Bull, and moving out of Tampa won't change that.

Plus, I'm converting all my FSU/UW friends back home into bulls, they are now well informed of this guy that wears #8.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

2) Weather...some people love 11 months of heat; I, however, do not.  Love having four seasons.

11 months of heat......you're refering to the 70 and 80 degree highs from the months of October to May as HEAT.  Have fun with your bag of rock salt.   ;D

Hmmmmmm.........how often have we seen "70 and 80 degree highs" in those months (not counting December-February)?

Give me a break....I remember almost dying of heat stroke in my pads in October, and November.  And I also remember it being wickedly hot & humid for Spring ball as well (March & April).

There is virtually no relief in Central/South Florida from the heat.

And by the way, rock salt?  Richmond aint exactly Detroit, bro.  We have all four seasons here, none of which are extreme.  It's the best of both worlds, weather-wise.

hey know it all, you are wrong:

TAMPA WSCMO ARPT, FLORIDA (088788)

Period of Record Monthly Climate Summary

Period of Record : 3/25/1900 to 12/31/2005                                                                                                                                                                 

Jan  Feb   Mar    Apr    May  Jun    Jul     Aug  Sep  Oct   Nov  Dec Annual

Average Max. Temperature (F)  70.5  72.1  76.5  81.6  87.2  89.6  90.1  90.3  88.9  84.0  77.4  71.9  81.7  

Average Min. Temperature (F)  50.9  52.5  57.1  61.8  68.0  73.0  74.5  74.6  73.2  66.2  58.1  52.3  63.5  

Average Total Precipitation (in.)  2.17  2.89  3.20  2.04  2.67  6.56  7.49  7.88  6.34  2.44  1.55  2.22  47.46  

Average Total SnowFall (in.)  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  

Average Snow Depth (in.)  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  

Percent of possible observations for period of record.

Max. Temp.: 67.2% Min. Temp.: 67.2% Precipitation: 67.2% Snowfall: 67.2% Snow Depth: 67.2%

Check Station Metadata or Metadata graphics for more detail about data completeness.