• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bucs lose = Gruden out Leavitt in????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  0

CJL is not a pro coach....Petrino wasn't a pro coach, but he has pro job.

It was just a thought I had about CJL and how much attention he's been getting lately. Lately, NFL teams have been pretty liberal as far as what they require from a head coach. The subject is not too far out reach when you begin to think about the new coaches in OAKLAND, Pit etc. It was just a thought.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

I'm not afraid to admit that this thought had crossed my mind on more than one occasion.

Anything is possible. I think the point to be made here is that CJL could do a better job than Gruden... hands down.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

CJL is a college coach not a pro coach.

Some of his antics wouldn't work at the pro level, I can't see him smashing his head against Mike Alstott's helmet during halftime.

And Gruden's antics are better?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

Coach Leavitt is a BULL Coach !

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

Please TBYP.

8-)

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

See:  Nick Saban

lol

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

CJL is not a pro coach....Petrino wasn't a pro coach, but he has pro job.

It was just a thought I had about CJL and how much attention he's been getting lately. Lately, NFL teams have been pretty liberal as far as what they require from a head coach. The subject is not too far out reach when you begin to think about the new coaches in OAKLAND, Pit etc. It was just a thought.

Verybullish, Bobby Petrino had coached in the pro's before on two separate occasions his last stint was QB coach/offensive coordinator at Jacksonville for four years.

Jim Leavitt has never coached in the pros, and never sniffed at it.  So Petrino is a pro coach, or rather a HC with lots of pro experience.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  261

Ok, I stand corrected. TBYP? I never said that CJL would BECOME the Bucs coach. I just mentioned the possibility of him being considered......now everyone's having a cow.

So you mean to tell me that if Gruden was fired, the Glazers would not at least consider the idea of CJL for coach? If you say no, you're BULL$hitting yourself.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Another "if" question...  

"If" my aunt had balls would she be my uncle?

I hate "if" questions.  

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

I think it's possible that if the Bucs have another losing season, the Glazers may look at making CJL the head coach. The idea may seem somewhat out of reach, but petrino left Louisville in a heartbeat to coach the falcons. CJL is a defensive minded coach. The Bucs are a defensive minded team. CJL said he had his dream job coaching USF because amongst other things, he was coaching in his hometown in the best facilities in the country (whether pro or college, rjs is a great stadium). Now what's better than coaching the local D-1 team?.....Coaching the local pro football team. CJL would make entirely more money without having to pick a hat up to leave. Although, I’m happy that we have Canales and Mac, these are two former head coaches on our staff that could step right in and take over the head coaching job @ USF. The more I think about this, the more I see it playing out. I hate the Bucs, will and always be a Lions fan till the I die (that's suffering enough), but this year I may have a second favorite team. Go Bucs!!

You can say, why would the Glazers want to hire CJL? I say, why wouldn't they? Just for the possibility that CJL could be a candidate, I hope the Bucs win some games this year.

Wow, have you ever seen the Jim deal with the media?  Case closed.

I can't wait for your 11th post, after that spine tingling #10........whew.