• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UNC Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I dunno, it will be close.  As I said in another thread, UNC will be better next year, but better is like a 5-7 season. UVA was very young last year and is returning 18 starters.

UNC will be better and they do have some talent, but it's hard to believe a 3-9 team that went to the wire with Furman and Duke will be improved enough to win consistently.

Joe, mark my words UNC goes bowling next year.  Last year Bunting lost his team before the season started.  He was not a very strong coach, and had trouble getting his kids to respond.  Butch is chalked full of talent up there, Joe Dailey, Calvin Darity, Barrington Edwards, Richie Rich, Cam Thomas, Durrell Mapp, Jesse Holley, Trimane Goddard...no it won't take much for a good coach to tweak and refine and motivate and UNC will be winning some ball games.

I think there is a very real possibility they will be 3-0 heading into the game against us.  That will be no push over, because they'll play hard, and they'll play fast like any Butch Davis team would do.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF SHOuld destroy unc

even one great year of recruiting couldnt make those sorry guys better than usf

leavitt should quit if he let's butch davis and unc come into tampa and beat the bulls

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

they did bring in two of the top recruits in the country this year and had a ton of talent redshirted this past season

they sucked when we played them and  i seriously doubt they have a ton of talent coming up

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

UNC will not be favored at USF.  Gauranteed.  USF was favored at UNC last year and will be favored by 7-10 points at least.  Butch Davis isn't going to work wonders right away.  They were a very bad team, with yes a few good recruits, but I would not expect miricles right away.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Joe, mark my words UNC goes bowling next year.  Last year Bunting lost his team before the season started.  He was not a very strong coach, and had trouble getting his kids to respond.  Butch is chalked full of talent up there, Joe Dailey, Calvin Darity, Barrington Edwards, Richie Rich, Cam Thomas, Durrell Mapp, Jesse Holley, Trimane Goddard...no it won't take much for a good coach to tweak and refine and motivate and UNC will be winning some ball games.

I think there is a very real possibility they will be 3-0 heading into the game against us.  That will be no push over, because they'll play hard, and they'll play fast like any Butch Davis team would do.

I am very familiar with UNC, if you check threads before our game last season I mentiond how bad Bunting was and how the team check out on him in 2005.

I think Butch will be great for the program, I just think it will take a season or two, it's not the talent that Butch had when he was with Miami. Dailey has proven to have the inconsistencies that he had at Nebraska. Add on top of that their schedule is brutal on them they go; Virginia, @ USF, @ Va Tech, Miami, South Carolina, @ Wake Forest, & Maryland in the middle of the season.

They have talent, but a lot of it is young, I don't think a bowl game is out of their reach, but I also cannot in my heart say that they will be a definitive bowl team especially since they've only been to 2 in the last 8 seasons.

Butch Davis will have them playing hard, and I think that program has a great future in his hands.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I am very familiar with UNC, if you check threads before our game last season I mentiond how bad Bunting was and how the team check out on him in 2005.

I think Butch will be great for the program, I just think it will take a season or two, it's not the talent that Butch had when he was with Miami. Dailey has proven to have the inconsistencies that he had at Nebraska. Add on top of that their schedule is brutal on them they go; Virginia, @ USF, @ Va Tech, Miami, South Carolina, @ Wake Forest, & Maryland in the middle of the season.

They have talent, but a lot of it is young, I don't think a bowl game is out of their reach, but I also cannot in my heart say that they will be a definitive bowl team especially since they've only been to 2 in the last 8 seasons.

Butch Davis will have them playing hard, and I think that program has a great future in his hands.

The difference is they have elite talent Joe which can make turnarounds much easier and quicker then most imagine.  They landed three five star recruits that by most accounts should be immediate impact guys.  Joe Dailey was inconsistent but that was because their staff was that way, they'd yank him at the drop of a hat.  Butch did a lot with a little during his time at UM in the early going.  Don't forget he got a team on probation and immediately turned them into winners.  They're going to be a much better team next year because they'll be well coached and it will allow that elite talent the opportunity to succeed.

UNC scares me in many ways because they possess so many weapons that were not utilized properly.  Hell, I felt against UNC that if Bunting stuck to the run in the early going he would have had a chance to win.  I still think that team finishes with 6-7 wins and makes a bowl.  The goal is to make sure we're not one of those victims.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I would love them to be 3-0 when they visit, but it will be TOUGH !

Seriously doubt they will be favored against us.

We'll be 2-0 and a Top 25 Ranking  8-)

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Amen!

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

they did bring in two of the top recruits in the country this year and had a ton of talent redshirted this past season

they sucked when we played them and  i seriously doubt they have a ton of talent coming up

they redshirted almost their entire class last season, and they just signed two of the top 25 or so recruits in the country in Marvin Austing (#1 DT in the country) and Dwight Jones, one of the top 5 WR's in the country.  

I don't know if they will bowl, but they will scare a lot of teams next year

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The difference is they have elite talent Joe which can make turnarounds much easier and quicker then most imagine.  They landed three five star recruits that by most accounts should be immediate impact guys.  Joe Dailey was inconsistent but that was because their staff was that way, they'd yank him at the drop of a hat.  Butch did a lot with a little during his time at UM in the early going.  Don't forget he got a team on probation and immediately turned them into winners.  They're going to be a much better team next year because they'll be well coached and it will allow that elite talent the opportunity to succeed.

UNC scares me in many ways because they possess so many weapons that were not utilized properly.  Hell, I felt against UNC that if Bunting stuck to the run in the early going he would have had a chance to win.  I still think that team finishes with 6-7 wins and makes a bowl.  The goal is to make sure we're not one of those victims.

Inconsistent?  Every time I saw him, he flat out stunk.  Unless they have a big time qb ready to take over, I don't see them making a bowl.  Improvement yes, but you are understating how bad they were last year.  They were absolutely horrible.