• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU stadium

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Trip/Hauling, that is true, I am not a build it now come hell or high water guy.

I know where you're coming from with this, Joe. Problem is you're in with a shady bunch on that side of the argument and it's an impetus for me to dig my heels in.   8-)

My belief is that the OCS would be a catalyst to get alumni to come back to campus and a catalyst to the overall growth of the USF alumni and donor network not only for athletics, but academics.

It would get the aumni who currently go to games back to campus because that's where they'd have to go to watch USF football but you're not going to increase your current fan base because of it ..... Wooly really did do a great job of spelling this all out.

Maybe I'm just delusional, but I don't believe long term, that RJS will bring that type of gameday to USF. /quote]

Maybe I'm delusional but I don't see why we have to just go along with the crowd on this. We are in a fairly unique situation along with only a few other major college football programs that don't really NEED an OCS to be big time. We should relish in this uniqueness.  ;)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That should make the tailgating more enjoyable.

In all honesty, what is the difference between tailgating at RayJay surrounded by Bulls fans, flags all over the place and doing it at an OCS?

I guess it's like trying to explain what an orgasm feels like to a virgin.  I'll let you know but it might be hard for you to understand.  You kind of have to be there.

I think it's hard to make someone understand because it's almost a non-factor.Seriously, is it really that different?? When you're sitting there surrounded by friends and all the Bulls crap everywhere immediately around you, you could be anywhere and it wouldn't matter.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

True, True...the tailgating in the parking lot a Waterhouse Center  in Orlando was good excellent....Not UCF'er in sight ;D

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

I don't think a OCS stadium is needed for a National Championship or even the arms race in football. Personally I think the atmospheres of the stadium created by the fans are more a draw for recruits.

However, from a program pride/student life/campus gameday/alumni campus reunion type stuff you need an OCS. I am all for one when the time comes and money is available in a feasible manner.

There is no doubt in my mind that USF will have an OCS by 2020.

Would an OCS be good for...

To have an NC or any success?  Of course not!

Recruits?  Yes.

Building of campus spirit? Yes.

Traditions? Yes and many.

Alumni pride and return? Yes.

It's just that things that bites all of us and drives us insane.  PRIDE.  Recurits, players, students, admin, alumni, communicty can be PROUD of our program.  An OCS is a SYMBOL of pride.  It's a symbol of everyone coming together.

I agree, no later than 2020... maybe as close as 2010 and they could start planning VERY soon.

The Sun Dome is an on campus arena (OCA);  is the the Sun Dome a center of pride and tradition? Is it a SYMBOL of pride?  Is it a drawing card for the return of Alumni.

As far as recruiting goes, both CJL and recruits have stated that RJS is a big plus.

Football and Basketball are different... sorry.

Plus, I am talking about a really nice OCS, not something that looks like the Sun Done does now.

It will be a great reason for alumni to come back to campus.

It will be good for building campus life and a true campus atmosphere.  It's one of the few events that 45,000 to 60,000 people would be on campus at the same time.

It would be a symbol of pride like I said.  I will be the rallying point of BullsNation, and it will be on OUR turf.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

n5000671_30744096_5730.jpg

The dotted line with the red circle is the "OCS"

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/FacilitiesPlan/Campus%20Planning/plan_draft.html

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

ray jay is agreat stadium

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I hate UCF as much as anyone in here, but Knight_Light hasnt said one thing in this post that wasnt right on point.

Yall are silly sometimes with your childish "i hate him so nothing he says can be right, no matter how much it makes sense" crap....  ::)

I hate UCF as much as anyone in here, but Knight_Light hasnt said one thing in this post that wasnt right on point.

You mean you actually read everything he wrote??

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Lets put it this way. Outside of this board, because a lot go to the basketball games and other USF events, how often do you think an alumnus steps onto campus for anything?

Basketball and most other sports aren't drawing well.

I'm not keen on the arts program, but being in a big city like Tampa hampers the focus a bit.

I'm not sure about on campus mixers and what not.

The point I am making is of all the things that an OCS could do for this school, getting the alumni back on the soil,  will do wonders, in my opinion, for USF. I fully believe that you would eventually gain more alumni association members. You would have more alumni involvment with the campus. You would see record donations, and once again not just athletically, but academically.

Just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.