• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

^agreed.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

Guess what individual schools/colleges/departments, etc...at Universities use as their #1 event to draw Alumni BACK to their individual schools/colleges?

Answer: ON-CAMPUS FOOTBALL WEEKENDS!!!

Let me guess that since UCF doesn't have an OCS they rev motorcycles in the endzone Varoom, Varoom, Varoom at halftime and then go back to the campus for their favorite alumni activity.

That's ONE way to bring back Alumni...who many not be so interested in sporting athletics at first...but once they attend a special event at their old college/school at USF...and maybe attend a football game later that night with said group...MANY get turned ON to ATHLETICS!!

It must be a ***** trying to turn anyone on to UCF football.   Varoom, Varoom, Varoom   Cheer ...U - C- F SUCKS

Remember, the #1 Activity/EVENT that brings ALUMNI back to college campuses is ON-CAMPUS FOOTBALL GAMES...and many are drawn not by the game itself...but from ALL of the activities going on all over campus that weekend.

THAT'S the HUGE difference between an off-campus stadium that you do not own, vs an on-campus stadium that you do own.

Alumni, Students, (and their parents/families/friends), will come.

So, does UCF hold golden shower parties all over campus only on football weekends or are they regular student & alumni events?  

Well hey! I guess UCF has do whatever it takes to fill your stadium. ;D

Look at Kentucky, they're horrid, yet they pack 60,000 fans in many weekends, the reason is beyond football.

Joe, I have two brothers-in-law who attend all the Wildcat games and travel to their bowl games...neither one is a KU grad or lives in Lexington  (one lives in Louisville)...I'd have to say their reason is "the football".

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

And I work in the Cincinnati area with several Wildcat fans (including the person who I share an office with), and while your 2 brother in laws might enjoy UK football (who actually had a great season by their standards) Most the people I know go to hang with family and friends while tailgating, if the football is good it's as my office mate just said "an added bonus".

They have told me they don't get to do too much of that during basketball season becuse tickets are harder to come by and its too cold to hangout outdoors.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Most the people I know go to hang with family and friends while tailgating, if the football is good it's as my office mate just said "an added bonus".

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with having an OCS.... just wanted to point that out.  ;)

And I work in the Cincinnati area with several Wildcat fans (including the person who I share an office with), and while your 2 brother in laws might enjoy UK football (who actually had a great season by their standards) Most the people I know go to hang with family and friends while tailgating, if the football is good it's as my office mate just said "an added bonus".

They have told me they don't get to do too much of that during basketball season becuse tickets are harder to come by and its too cold to hangout outdoors.

Heck....The Bulls have "fans" who never leave the parking lot...or go into the stadium late and leave early.

Football fans go for the football...win or lose they support their team....for lack another term I'd call your friends tailgaters, not football fans.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

Most the people I know go to hang with family and friends while tailgating, if the football is good it's as my office mate just said "an added bonus".

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with having an OCS.... just wanted to point that out.  ;)

I dunno.  We keep hearing from everyone how much tradition means to college sports and how an OCS is part of that.  That should make the tailgating more enjoyable.  I hear this from a lot of the Gator grads.  So of course that means there's only a 50/50 chance it's correct.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Trip/Hauling, that is true, I am not a build it now come hell or high water guy.

My belief is that the OCS would be a catalyst to get alumni to come back to campus and a catalyst to the overall growth of the USF alumni and donor network not only for athletics, but academics.

My belief is that an OCS could be the centerpiece of BullNation, something that all alumni, football fans or not, can take pride in and make it a destination on 6-7 Saturdays in the fall. There are plenty of of people for other Universities who are not fans of football, but fans of the University and support the team tooth and nail.

I don't think an OCS would bring that right away, however, after a few years and several more alumni coming through the gates and enjoying a campus gameday it could happen.

Maybe I'm just delusional, but I don't believe long term, that RJS will bring that type of gameday to USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I dunno.  We keep hearing from everyone how much tradition means to college sports and how an OCS is part of that.

OCS are part of football tradition only because, from the inception of college football, that's the only way teams could play football in the city they were located in.

That should make the tailgating more enjoyable.

In all honesty, what is the difference between tailgating at RayJay surrounded by Bulls fans, flags all over the place and doing it at an OCS?

I hear this from a lot of the Gator grads.  So of course that means there's only a 50/50 chance it's correct.

50/50 is too generous...

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

That should make the tailgating more enjoyable.

In all honesty, what is the difference between tailgating at RayJay surrounded by Bulls fans, flags all over the place and doing it at an OCS?

I guess it's like trying to explain what an orgasm feels like to a virgin.  I'll let you know but it might be hard for you to understand.  You have to be there to really know.