• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

I been told (by a very well informed source) that the mall is one of about 3 or so property aquisitions under consideration for the university.

your source is full of ****

Well, unlike you he wasn't talking out of his ass, unless of course you are directly involved in such matters.

:loser

haha

sorry randy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

I been told (by a very well informed source) that the mall is one of about 3 or so property aquisitions under consideration for the university.

Well, is it in the back of people's minds?  Yes.

Is it being "looked" at?  No.

Administrators, all of them and espcially student affairs, want an OCS.  They just don't have the funding right now.  None the less, they will rush into an OCS at the first chance..

Maybe we need to stop phyco-analyzing the issue.  We ALL, admin/athleitc/students/alums, WANT an OCS (minus a minorty, yes you really are a minority, that really want Ray Jay no matter what).  

Someone posted something about Athletics extending the lease for 5 more years.  DUH!  At least 5 more years, and like I have said a billion times... more like 10 years.  

Do you really think that Student Affairs is part of the equasion when it comes to land acquisitions?   My source is well above that level in the food chain.

I know that there is a lot going on regarding land acquisition planning that is far above what I'm privy to and I'll go out on a limb and say that the same holds true for you.

There is more to the need for additional land than just an OCS.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

thats gonna be an awesome stadium for UCF when it's done. it's gonna be hard to expand though, unless they go straight up!

new stadiums facinate me. so much so that i forget how to spell.

FYI...UCF's stadium is being built with expansion in mind.

Plans are already set to expand it to 65,000 seats sometime in the future (probably not for another 8-10 years...like UL is doing...taking 10 plus years to expand their 42,000 seat stadium...having years of hard sellouts...so most new seats will be sold-out by Day 1...smart move).

One UCF Fan has a rendering of the completed 65,000 seat version taken from the Architects Site when it first went up....I'll see if I can find it then I will post it for you.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Why not comprimise on the blearchers/chairbacks? Why not put plain bleachers in the student sections, bleachers with backs in the low-donors/regular tickets, and seats with backs for the high paying donors, maybe from 30-30? Thats generally the type that sits in those sections anyways.

Papa Johns Stadium was definitly nice, and I would have no problem if we made a repilca of that when USF finalyl gets around to building it.

Exactly, Thats the point I've been trying to make. I just think that some think an OCS would be horrid because we wouldn't have all chairbacks when in reality some areas don't really need it.

Guest r_to_the_izzo
thats gonna be an awesome stadium for UCF when it's done. it's gonna be hard to expand though, unless they go straight up!

Plans are already set to expand it to 65,000 seats sometime in the future (probably not for another 8-10 years...like UL is doing...taking 10 plus years to expand their 42,000 seat stadium...having years of hard sellouts...so most new seats will be sold-out by Day 1...smart move).

One UCF Fan has a rendering of the completed 65,000 seat version taken from the Architects Site when it first went up....I'll see if I can find it then I will post it for you.

KL we dont care. After this first season you will not sell out a game. So the dreams of the 100,000 seat big house or whatever you think you are getting will never happen.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

KL we dont care. After this first season you will not sell out a game. So the dreams of the 100,000 seat big house or whatever you think you are getting will never happen.

I don't want a 100,000 seat big house.

I want a 45,000 seat BRIGHT HOUSE...which is exactly what UCF will be getting.

I would rather have 10-15 plus years of 45,000 sellouts...so UCF can increase the price of tix...plus increase the Booster Donation Minimums every other year...so UCF can maximize its return.

Remember, when the Stadium Financial Plans were being made...the study showed that UCF would only average 23,500 fans per game for the first 5-6 years of the stadium...and that ALONE was plenty to pay off the bonds.

I think UCF will average in the 30,000-35,000 plus range during those years...(few sellouts...maybe Miami & Texas)..which is perfect for UCF at this time.

100,000 seat big house?

Stop smoking crack so early in the AM.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

All this talk about an OCS is well and good.  Let's face it, as much as we would love to have one, is this the right time for it?

We just built the new athletic facility.  We will eventually have an OCS, but I think 5 or so years down the road would be more realistic.

Also, what would you rather have, a top draw team or a top draw stadium?  I'll go with the former, and we are on our way.

I hope all this talk about an OCS isn't due to UCF envy.  Frankly, I could care less about their stadium.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

correction... mafia, I guess this issue makes me want morphine. BRILLIANT! :-[

But if that's all you can talk about... come on now!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

Just to restate too... I LOVE THE RAY JAY. I'm there every home game Paying for parking, paying for over priced food, dealing with the TSA mafia, CREATING FAN ATMOSPHERE!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Mama, I think it had more with some that believe RJS is the only place the Bulls should stay unless they can build teh replica on campus speaking out. Then the UCFer got involved.

Most aren't envious per se, but they'd like to see planning start in the next 5-10 years