• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's biggest problem:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Auburn will hate us next year, so will UNC, so will Louisville, so will WVU,  Rutgers, Cinci, Pitt, U-Conn, Syracuse, Elon, ucf (again) and who's the other? I forget...     ;D

FAU

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I think most of the BE teams don't have any "hate relationships" with other teams right now.  Actually there aren't really that many of those that I can think of.  UF-FSU;Mich-Ohio St;Miami-everyone.  Most teams may have a rival game but nothing like the FSU-UF game.  Those folks just seem to hate the other team and their fans.  Tons of good teams out there that aren't hated - Wisconsin,UL,BC,USC,GA,Washington,UCLA,USF,WV,Pitt,Pen St and on and on.  Maybe I'm wrong but alot of team get up for rival games but the animosity between UF & FSU runs deep.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Here is a list of teams that has fans who hate USF:

UCF (how can anyone reading these message boards not notice the hate)

ECU (They are still pissed off about USF taking their BIG EAST invite away)

Southern Miss (I hope you remember their fans crying about their players getting scratched up)

Memphis (They are pissed off that USF was selected ahead of them for the BIG EAST)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think most of the BE teams don't have any "hate relationships" with other teams right now.  Actually there aren't really that many of those that I can think of.  UF-FSU;Mich-Ohio St;Miami-everyone.  Most teams may have a rival game but nothing like the FSU-UF game.  Those folks just seem to hate the other team and their fans.

Pitt/WVU is a pretty intense rivalry, its where the whole couch burning thing started. It might not be OSU/Michigan; Auburn/Alabama; or FSU/UF on a national level, but their fans take it pretty big.

The problem is the Big East just doesn't have the fan base for these bigger types of rivalries.

Tons of good teams out there that aren't hated - Wisconsin,UL,BC,USC,GA,Washington,UCLA,USF,WV,Pitt,Pen St and on and on.  Maybe I'm wrong but alot of team get up for rival games but the animosity between UF & FSU runs deep.

I disagree, I have been to the Cocktail Party multiple times when I was a kid, UGA and Florida might not be on the FSU level, but there is no love between the fans. Its pretty much hate.

Penn State and Pitt have been pissing on each other forever.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

UCF hates us

ECU hates us

UL dislikes us but won't come out and say it

WV dislikes us but won't come out and say it

Miami has no beef because they beat us

UF has no beef because the keep postponing the inevitable

FSU has no beef because they won't play us

think I would add Rutgers and Pitt as teams that dislike us but wont come out and say it

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think USF will get some big time hate one day, it just takes time.

As mentioned above, we just don't have the fanbase to really be pissing people off. The reason most hate Florida on this board is because their fans are everywhere, from you finest trailer park to your workmates.

Part of what makes hate is locale, while many believe we'll have a hated rivalry with UL, I don't believe it will every be all that big. It's too far apart.

Look at the big time, cutthroat rivalry games and you get teams that are pretty close.

- OSU/Michigan

- Auburn/Alabama

- Texas/Oklahoma

- UF/FSU

- FSU/Miami

Look at your friendly, respected, aw shucks rivalries and you get teams that are considerable distance.

- USC/ND

- Penn State/Michigan

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,382
  • Days Won:  10

I'm not sure that we really need to be hated in order to be considered successful.  Sounds amateurish.  Just win.  Period.  

Proclaiming rivalries is so artificial.  They either develop or not.  You can't make the pretty girl like you no matter how much you aggravate her.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

No one hates USF.

How many times have you been in a conversation with a fan of say FSU or Miami or whatever and you say something negative about their school and the person asks, "you must be a Gator" or "you must be 'Nole". Then you answer with, "no, i'm a USF fan."

Suddenly, the conversation turns, and they say "oh, i like USF. they're allright."

THAT'S A PROBLEM, FOLKS.

We'll know USF is big time when you can go to work and argue around the water cooler.

Pretty decent point, and I'm not even a Shoop fan....

me either, is anybody? However he makes a valid point here.

I'm the coolest person on the planet. Be-lee dat!  8-)