• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Rod Smith Record

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

The guy just got hired to go coach Pat White a potential heisman trophy winner and SBien wants to tell everyone how Rod Smith is terrible.

The guy just got hired away to go be an assitant at West VA -- a team that has Slanton and Pat White.

Its so clear that this guy is a bum.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Dude you make ZERO sense.

So we ran a kick off back for a TD...  What about the fact that we kneeled the ball down on the 5 yard line with minute and half to go in the game.

Here is a guy who has done nothing but win football games since he became OC.  We went to back to back bowl games.  Beat a #5 and #9 ranked team.  He had the top RB in 05 and one of the top QB's in 06.  He avg 23 pts a game -- and over 350 yards total offense.

You can sit around and pass perceptions, but unlike all the excuses you dig up to support Mac's horrendous record -- Rod smith has solid stats and figures to show what he accomplished.

15-10 record in coference -- wins over 2 top 10 teams -- a finish in the top half of the conference both years - and trips to back to back bowl games.

Call me when mac manages to finish out of the celler in the conference.. please.

Thanks for the good word Rod... I'll miss you buddy.

No your the one that makes zero sense.  The hoops ridiculousness is one thing but this stuff is a joke.

What's even more funnier, or rather ignorant is you seem to give Smith credit for everything....now he gets credit for Hall.  Smith wasn't even responsible for designing the running game in 2005, that credit goes to Carl Franks, THE RUNNING GAME COORDINATOR, you dufus.  Smith never recruited Hall, or never played a part in his development.

In 2004 and 2005, Franks tutored Bulls’ running back Andre Hall, a junior college transfer who came to USF at the same time Franks arrived. In those two years, Franks helped mold Hall into USF’s all-time leading rusher with back-to-back single season rushing record seasons. With Hall now departed, Franks turns his focus to a strong group of runners looking to replace the record holder.

An excerpt from Carl Frank's bio for your reading pleasure.  You want to give Smith all the credit for beating WVU, screw the defense?  Or does Smith get credit for the defense too?  

Smith's record isn't awful, which is why he's going to WVU as some sort of coach, but he's taking a demotion, and going somewhere to re-learn an offense.  He's no norm chow, or jimbo fisher as you're trying to insinuate.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Ari

First of all dude get real here, Im NOT an RMC supporter i think for the good of the program he has to go BUT as i have stated many times he is NOT going to get fired during the season and yes he has had tough luck with injuries. Im just nort willing to trash him in daily posts.

I have never been a fan of Smith but i did NOT come to this board and trash him after the horrible games.

You still did NOt answer my questions.

What QB's did he developed and got to USF while he was here?

Why did he passes on Jacobs that went to BG and did all kind of records while we were stuck with Julmiste and Banks?

Where was his offense vs UConn ,Miami and NCST in 2005 and FIU ,Cincy in 2006.

Here is a flash our scoring offense was #64 last year

Why is it that our passing game for THREE years was under 50%

So If you are going to come on here saying this guy did a wonderful job expect many of us that sat thru all those years to call you out on it. He was NOT a good OC.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

A demotion...

you are just so lost.

Coaching Pat White is a demotion.  The guy who will probably be the odds on favorite to win the Heisman with Brohm from LU.

You can't seem to address the fact that we outgained our opponents 9 out of the 13 games we played this year.

You can't seem to address the 5 TD's we scored against Louisville -- who at the tme had won something 11 straight games.

You can't seem to address the outstanding drive we put together at the end of the West Va game to ice it.

Arguing with you is like banging my head against the wall.

Im sorry Rod Smith could only win 6 games with Pat Julmiste at the helm -- who by an odd chance was pulled by CJL repeated times.

Given a decent QB -- smith turned in a stellar performance this year.  

23 pts a game is average.  are you on crack.

We played 13 games this year and South Florida outgained their opponet almost 80% of the time.

9 out of 13 games to be exact.

Call me when you got some facts to purge Smiths record.

Call me when you find a coordinator that avg 350 yards total offesne.... beats two top 10 teams and goes to back to back bowls.

Its no wonder you support mac.  You are out in space.

Ari, one thing is certain I know far more about football then you can dream.  Smith was managable and in over his head....this is pretty well known.   In fact, you can guess this is certainly fallout for the absymal showing in 2005, and the fact he nearly screwed up 2006...that's another story all together.

Gregory has been groomed for this for quite sometime.  If you're such a stats man then you should love gregory, he's got more experience, and knowledge in his pinky finger as Smith has in his entire body.

Also, a did you know, because you don't know, is this year Greg Gregory assumed 100% of the gameplanning and playcalling duties along with Smith- both worked in the booth.  This was intentional, Smith was so poor in 2005 Leavitt was hedging his bet and using Gregory to back-up Smith.   Not coincidental that it also led to our best offensive output in 5 years, oh and those previous 4 had Smith and Hobbie at the helm.  Smith left for a reason, and Gregory was moving into the offensive spot.

But hey, another case where Ari looks silly by not knowing all the facts and blowing his load.  

A demotion...

you are just so lost.

Coaching Pat White is a demotion.  The guy who will probably be the odds on favorite to win the Heisman with Brohm from LU.

You can't seem to address the fact that we outgained our opponents 9 out of the 13 games we played this year.

You can't seem to address the 5 TD's we scored against Louisville -- who at the tme had won something 11 straight games.

You can't seem to address the outstanding drive we put together at the end of the West Va game to ice it.

Im sorry Rod Smith could only win 6 games with Pat Julmiste at the helm -- who by an odd chance was pulled by CJL repeated times.

Again, Greg Gregory was 100% as co-offensive coordinator this year.  Full game planning and play calling.  I'll just make it simple on you, because I am not going to debate further you give your man love to Smith...but given that the ONLY time Smith's output on offense was good since 2002, was when Greg Gregory was working right beside him gameplanning and calling the plays.  SO, Greg deserves just as much of the credit.

Oh, and this working for, or working with Pat White is a promotion is a joke.  Clearly you're a young man that hasn't experienced the real world, but I can promise you carrying the water for someone that does all the heavy lifting is not a promotion.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

A demotion...

you are just so lost.

1) Coaching Pat White is a demotion.  The guy who will probably be the odds on favorite to win the Heisman with Brohm from LU.

2) You can't seem to address the fact that we outgained our opponents 9 out of the 13 games we played this year.

1) He went from OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR to QB'S COACH. That's moving down in the chain, making it a demotion.

2) Defense defense defense

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13

Hey don't forget how well he coached up Denson

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

A demotion...

you are just so lost.

Again, Greg Gregory was 100% as co-offensive coordinator this year.  Full game planning and play calling.  I'll just make it simple on you, because I am not going to debate further you give your man love to Smith...but given that the ONLY time Smith's output on offense was good since 2002, was when Greg Gregory was working right beside him gameplanning and calling the plays.  SO, Greg deserves just as much of the credit.

Oh, and this working for, or working with Pat White is a promotion is a joke.  Clearly you're a young man that hasn't experienced the real world, but I can promise you carrying the water for someone that does all the heavy lifting is not a promotion.

I hadn't heard that before, but it does make sense since our offensive playcalling did improve drastically in 2006.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Ugh....

What is so comical is that you will go head over heels to defend a coach who hasn't won here since his arrival... and yet jump quickly out the box to be-head Rod Smith who has done nothing but win games.

You won't even give him credit for the historic win against louisville.  You said that there was "a kickoff return."  Eventhough Jackson had two td's -- Andre hall ran for another -- and jackson threw for another..

It is just ridiculous.

Just remember that my friend.  We out gained 9 of the 13 teams we played against - he beat a top 10 team both years he oversaw the offense -- we were a win away in 2005 from playing for the conference title -- and both years we went to a bowl game.

Call me when you get real.