• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wondering if ESPN Craig Haubert have doubt in us?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Talkin about BBall right? ::)

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

It's just recruiting talk:

South Florida

Selling point: Coming off a nine-win season that included an upset of West Virginia, coming off first bowl victory in the PapaJohns.com Bowl, uses a spread offense.

2007 class highlights: The Bulls have been adding talent to both sides of the ball. Alton Voss (New Port Richey, Fla. / Gulf) is a dual-threat quarterback with excellent overall physical tools, and Sampson Genus (Lake City, Fla. / Columbia) is an underrated center. On defense, linebacker Calvin Sutton (Deland, Fla.) is a physical prospect and DT Terrell McClain (Pensacola, Fla.) has a motor that doesn't quit. South Florida has also picked up two junior college prospects, including linebacker Donte Spires out of Pearl River CC in Miss.

Could see on the field in 2007: McClain, Sutton, Spires.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Keep in mind this was before Mike Ford was admitted to USF and also doesn't include McKenzie

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

as good as some of us think usf is doing

usf is not keeping pace with other top teams in big east

usf should be outrecuiting all other teams

usf is based in tampa

what an advantage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

usf is based in tampa

I agree smazza. Our recruiting sucks.

It's all Leavitt's fault too, once USF gets a real coach we'll be tearing it up.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

usf is based in tampa

Steve Nicholas, Ben Moffit, Pat St. Louis,George Selvie, Amarri Jackson, Josh Julmiste, Trae Williams.-  All 2 stars

Matt Grothe- 3 star

That is 6 of our starters on D from last year being ranked as a 2 star. Except for the 5 stars and some of the 4 stars, the rest is a crap shoot by the recruting analysts in my opinion.  I have faith in our staff that the guys we get will give us on field results.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

usf is based in tampa

I agree smazza. Our recruiting sucks.

It's all Leavitt's fault too, once USF gets a real coach we'll be tearing it up.

More like once smazza gets 3000 subscriptions to rivals.com will their network start taking a harder look at many of our recruits and rank accordingly.  Quite a few guys are so under-rated but that's the way the cookie crumbles, UF and UT have like over 14k members each....USF is lucky to have over 400 on rivals.  Who do you think gets the most play?  Who's recruits are the more heavily regarded.  Not that they don't deserve it, or not that some of our guys are better but there are a few guys on USF's team that deserve strong billing.  

But that's what allows us to get good, we can't beat UF, Texas, and USC for the five star kids--- smazza is a dumb a** to even suggest such a thing, but we can get some really good players and supplement with some diamonds in the rough.  Leavitt's system is proven and it works...now it's like a plug and play.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I also find this kind of funny because it's all about the profile of the school.  Just four years ago WVU was grabbing a bunch of 2-3 star guys, few four or five.  Then they go 31-7 over the past three years with two BE Championships, and 3 New Year's Day Bowls and ALL OF A SUDDEN...Bing, bang, boom they're important.  So in some cases it's not just the school improving itself and recruiting but rather their recruits are getting noticed and when a kid says he's considering WVU, or USF at a camp those reps from scout.com or rivals.com don't walk away they actually take notice.   WVU isn't recruiting better then they were four years ago, the kids from 3-4 years ago is what won them the championship last year and the ability go 31-7, it' just some people take more notice to the talent some teams are getting in then others.  When you think about it this is kind of a game, the first 250 players in the nation are in an elite status, the rest can, guessing the first 250 or so is a crap shoot, the top 50 are obvious.  The great schools grab those top 50 and the rest of us have to make juice with the lemons we get.

The same situation will come to play if USF follows up this season with many a 10-2 year next.  Suddenly Quinton Washington, who has maintained steadfast to USF despite some pressure to take other visits, is watched more carefully by members of these websites and scouts.  Suddenly other schools take notice and try to cherry pick more, suddenly the player's profile rises because he committed to USF, and that two star goes to a three or four (hey I still scratch my head how a kid has 12 INT's, 485+ receiving yards on 27 catches, and another 250 rushing and scored 11 TD's in the season playing in 5A FL and NFM HS playing along side Noel Devine and is only a 2 star...he's a legit 5-11 so it isn't height and any fool that's seen him play knows he runs in the 4.4's).  Wellyou get my point, there are some very good corner prospects in FL that don't have half the stats Washington has, and didn't play at the level he did and they're walking around with 3 and 4 stars...

smazza would have you believe that washington isn't good and we're recruiting bad because we don't have that other four star.  I say hogwash, USF is recruiting great and there is only 1-2 corners in FL I would trade for Washington, maybe in the SE, as USF's profile raises these 'guru's' will take notice and our verbals/recruits/signees will get a better rank and star.  But those ranks and stars do not diminish the talent of a player.  Quenton Washington runs on the 4X100M with Noel Devine, he plays hoops and can two hand jam as a 5-11/5-10 kid... I'll take my chances with Washington this kid is going to be a star (p.s. we had a kid like this two years ago in RJ Anderson but he opted for baseball).

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292

S._Bien...what do you think about all the WR we signed last year (06 class)?  I was looking back at the rivals commit list for last year and we had 3 or 4 three star WR that I believe got red shirted in 06 (Sherman, Alcin, Mitchell).  We have to be happy that we have some good young receivers for MG and the gang to throw to over the next few years.