• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wondering if ESPN Craig Haubert have doubt in us?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

No matter how many times we list NFL prospects and all-american players on our team that were 2 and 3 star players, smazza will still agree with whatever the recruiting rankings are.  Our 9-4 record with a win against WVU, near-ranking (#29), possible pre-season ranking, NFL prospects, and big east awarded players show that our recruiting is doing well.  Oh well, thank you for the analysis, S. Bien.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

S._Bien...what do you think about all the WR we signed last year (06 class)?  I was looking back at the rivals commit list for last year and we had 3 or 4 three star WR that I believe got red shirted in 06 (Sherman, Alcin, Mitchell).  We have to be happy that we have some good young receivers for MG and the gang to throw to over the next few years.

exbull, I like that crew.  I was able to see Alcin and Mitchell play.  Alcin played on a Chamberlain team that had a poor throwing QB and was still able to get good stats.  He's a smaller receiver that uses his hands well, is still learning how to run routes, block, and get out of the blocks in college.  His speed is a huge plus, and he's a good learner, anyone that plays for the legendary Billy Turner is a good student and coachable or else they don't play for Billy.  He teaches his players how to be good students of the game.  Alcin has lots of good qualities, look at the last few Chamberlain receivers that went elsewhere- Greg Lee, and Clark- both tore up USF when they played us.  Alcin will be good he'll just take time.

Carlton Mitchell, now this kid is just a plain freak.  He was in the state finals for the high jump and long jump, regional champ in the 400m, and ran the 100m and 200m, he has great speed but because of his ability the track coaches spread him around to much to use him for points and he never could concentrate on the 100m but could have been great there too.  I never thought much of Carlton's hands, but I hear he's made a big impression on the staff during the fall so it was probably just the games I witnessed.  Carlton is a 6-3 195lbs kid that will probably be around 215lbs by the time he's done at USF.  A real great steal because he has all the tools to be great, a great attitude, and very hard worker instilled by a very strong family.  

Sherman, didn't see any of him play just clips.  What I saw was an enormous receiver type that seemed to use his hands well when catching the ball, and has a long striding gait.  Reminds me of SJ Green a bit but with maybe a bigger window.  You've got to love the 6-4 210lb size, and he's supposedly very strong.

My assessment this was a great haul for USF, probably the best receiving class top to bottom we've landed, at least as good as the yea we got Taurus Johnson, Hester, and Amari- in fact a similar style trio.  My personal opinion is Carlton has the ability to be the star of the group he just has all the tools period, but something draws me to Alcin, he has big play ability and is real shifty with his feet and very good quick acceleration from a standing position, has good hands, and I've always liked how quick he is turning upfield and getting positive yards with his feet even when he was forced to catch some weak throws as defenders converged your consumate slot.  Mitchell has great top end speed but a longer gait and takes time to get to top speed, Sherman you're looking more like a possession SJ Green type that can be a great downfield blocker like Green.  I believe all three will be solid contributors by 2008 and then we'll see where they take their games from there a real solid recruiting class for receivers that will only help this group in 2008.

The wild card is if Roger Frazier can get himself eligible next season and graduate from Pearl River and be on the field for the Bulls by 2008.  This kid is a freak, 4 or 5 kick returns for a TD, ultra quick with amazing lateral movement and acceleration.  His speed is completely legit, and has excellent hands and that extra gear to separate himself from defenders.  Remember Roger was Grothe's top target for two seasons in LGHS, and in his first year at JC in 2005 he made it as a JC All-American in Kansas i believe.  If he gets eligible he will be a Bull, and those three with Frazier, Johnson, and Hester and crew could be something to watch in 2008 with Grothe just spreading the ball all over the field and watching his guys go.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

yeah, I believe it was Greg that reported that Roger Frazier led JUCO WRs in TDs that year.  I hope he makes it too.

My question is who will replace Ean Randolph as a punt returner.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

yeah, I believe it was Greg that reported that Roger Frazier led JUCO WRs in TDs that year.  I hope he makes it too.

My question is who will replace Ean Randolph as a punt returner.

Hester, and Johnson are the immediate answers...Hester's game is much like Ean's but needs to get durable.   Erskin, Alcin, and Plancher are all back-up options.  Carlton Hill, Butler and Bellamy as the new guys all have the dynamic that could make them good returners