• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to Leslie Stirrups?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

You have a right to you opinions ans does everyone else.

As I stated before, I will not support a program which gives scholarships to criminals.

The fact that his mother is a hard worker and his father is a cop doesen't change the fact is  Leslie Stirrups is a thief. His mom and dad aren't the one's who are in line for a football scholarship.  

If Im not mistaken Ted Bundy's mom and dad were honest harworking people too.

Let Stirrups and other like him get a job and pay for college or let him go play for another school.

Rewarding burglars and thieves with college scholarships send the wrong message.

have you been stolen from?

Yes, however that has little to nothing to do with my opinion here.

is your dad a thief?

My father is deceased,  but no he wasn't a thief he was an honest man.

you compared stirrups to ted bundy.  that's sick.

No, I did not.  I compared his parents to Stirrups parents (honest and harworking)

your opinion is just that anyone that has ever stolen should not be on the team, not matter what the circumstances and no matter their personal character.

Again you're wrong, I said it's wrong to give scholarships to someone who has committed a Felony (s).  As far as character goes Stirrups has show us that he's a thief, which is a matter of public record.

you ignore the opinion of someone that has actually met him, judges, and coaches.  baffling.  you don't even know him!

The judges opinion doesn't matter to me, he's not  in position to give USF football scholarships.

As far I know CJL hasn't actually given a scholarship to Stirrups yet.

I don't need to know him personally, I know what he did, again that's a matter of public record.

everyone deserves second chances, even you.

I don't believe everyone does, however where did I say that Stirrups shouldn't be given a second chance?  

What you can't seem to get through your head is that I said he shouldn't be given a football scholarship and that I will not support  the football program if he or other's who have committed crimes (felonies) are given scholarships.

i've given you too many chances to stop judging someone you don't even know.  i'm sorry i'm wasting my time and probably just angering you.

Gee, but I didn't realize you were in the position to give me chances.

Angering me!!! ROTFLMAO

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

^first time?  Umm, wasn't he on probation when he stole the cameras?  Which means that something had to have happened before...

Just to set the record straight......you can not be admitted to the pretrial intervention program if you have ever been on probation or adjudicated guilty of a prior offense.  Pretrial intervention program is a form of probation, and upon successful completion of the program you are done.   You have not been adjudicated guilty and therefore do not lose your rights (ie: such as to vote).  

The Pretrial Interention Program (PTI) is supervised by the Department of Corrections under the authority of the State Attorney's Office.  It isn't an easy program to complete successfully, and it isn't just a slap on the wrist.

Oh, and by the way, I am just providing this for information purposes.  I am not voicing an opinion as to whether Stirrups should be admitted on an athletics scholarship to USF or not.

Mama,

You seem knowlegeable, so let me ask a couple of questions.

If someone commits crimes while a juvenile would the judge in a case like Stirrups' be privy to those prior juvenile crimes?  What about cases that were sealed.

Do the perps in the intervention and probation program have to pay for all of the costs associated with their case or do  the taxpayers get to foot the bill?

If Stirrups completes his probation and he isn't ajudicated guilty...will the fact that he committed those crimes remain in the court records?  Will those records remain in the public domain?

Thanks in advance.

Mama,

You seem knowlegeable, so let me ask a couple of questions.

If someone commits crimes while a juvenile would the judge in a case like Stirrups' be privy to those prior juvenile crimes?  What about cases that were sealed.

Do the perps in the intervention and probation program have to pay for all of the costs associated with their case or do  the taxpayers get to foot the bill?

If Stirrups completes his probation and he isn't ajudicated guilty...will the fact that he committed those crimes remain in the court records?  Will those records remain in the public domain?

Thanks in advance.

1.  Juvenile offenses would fall within the purview of the Juvenile Court system (unless the juvenile is charged as an adult) and the only time the judge in a criminal felony adult proceeding would see it is if a PSI (pre-sentencing investigation) is ordered.  In that instance DJJ (Department of Juvenile Justice) would provide the information requested.  

2.  The offender on pretrial intevention or probation in most instances has to pay court costs and fees, including cost of investigation and attorneys fees as well as cost of supervision fee.  Generally these fees are paid monthly during the course of supervision.

3.  Any offense for which a person is arrested or given a citation is available through the FDLE (Florida Department of Law Enforcement) for the Court and law enforcement agencies.  This information is not available to the general public as the Court Records are. I don't work for the Court system, so I can't answer the last part of your question.   The average person might not be able to gleen this information, but law enforcement always can.

Please note my disclaimer here.....I work in a Probation Office, so the information I am giving you is based upon what I deal with.  Someone else may have additional information to provide in answer to your questions.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

As I stated before, I will not support a program which gives scholarships to criminals.

The fact that his mother is a hard worker and his father is a cop doesen't change the fact is  Leslie Stirrups is a thief. His mom and dad aren't the one's who are in line for a football scholarship.  

Let Stirrups and other like him get a job and pay for college or let him go play for another school.

Rewarding burglars and thieves with college scholarships send the wrong message.

Haul,

Since you are above reproach, and have put stipulations on USF that they do not give scholarships to 'criminals' then I request one thing from you and that is to be a man of your word for once, since you've proven time and again on more than a few boards to be a double talking BS'er....please do not support USF, and please refrain from attending USF events since there are quote on quote 'criminals' on the team.  I suppose the only question is what you define as a 'criminal' but presuming you mean any one that violates the law more so then a moving violation then I suggest you hit the road and find a program more to your liking.  If we used that basic definition i'd say there is more than a dozen that have had minor scrapes from DUI to other infractions.

Since you seem to be the expert on USF.....How about:  1.  a list of current football players who have been arrested and prosecuted, are awaiting prosecution or pled guilty on  felony charges and then given a scholarship ...how about a list of current recruits that fit the same criteria.

USF is free to do what they chose, as am I...If and when I become aware of football scholarships being given to such individuals...I most certainly will not renew my season tickets or support  the program in any way.  I've discussed this with my wife and she is in agreement with me.  This has nothing to do with  your "request".

As to your assertations they don't deserve a response.. Mr Pinellas was a low income trailer park community in the 7o's when the Bucs came to Tampa.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

have you been stolen from?

Yes, however that has little to nothing to do with my opinion here.

is your dad a thief?

My father is deceased,  but no he wasn't a thief he was an honest man.

you compared stirrups to ted bundy.  that's sick.

No, I did not.  I compared his parents to Stirrups parents (honest and harworking)

your opinion is just that anyone that has ever stolen should not be on the team, not matter what the circumstances and no matter their personal character.

Again you're wrong, I said it's wrong to give scholarships to someone who has committed a Felony (s).  As far as character goes Stirrups has show us that he's a thief, which is a matter of public record.

you ignore the opinion of someone that has actually met him, judges, and coaches.  baffling.  you don't even know him!

The judges opinion doesn't matter to me, he's not  in position to give USF football scholarships.

I don't need to know him personally, I know what he did, again that's a matter of public record.

everyone deserves second chances, even you.

I don't believe everyone does, however where did I say that Stirrups shouldn't be given a second chance?  

What you can't seem to get through your head is that I said he shouldn't be given a football scholarship and that I will not support  the football program if he or other's who have committed crimes (felonies) are given scholarships.

i've given you too many chances to stop judging someone you don't even know.  i'm sorry i'm wasting my time and probably just angering you.

Gee, but I didn't realize you were in the position to give me chances.

Angering me!!! ROTFLMAO

all you had to do was say that parents don't define a person.  you did not have to bring up ted bundy in any kind of comparison.

stirrups is not being punished as a felon.  he's in that program.  I trust judges' opinions, in general.  also, the coach he has now has given him a second chance so we'll see how he does with it (and i'm glad you are not the coach so he was given that second chance, because the second chance i said you would not allow was that of a scholarship).

well, how about you leave it up to him and trust in his decision and not your unwavering position to not have any players that have committed a felony even if they aren't punished as such.

I really don't care if you support USF's program at this point.  you have this line drawn for yourself that disregards everyone else's opinions that are in a position of authority.

Finally, I am in a position to give you a second chance.  I tried to give you a second chance to look at this situation without drawing this arbitrary line that defines who USF should give a scholarship to before I gave up on you.  I guess it wasn't worth my time.  I'm glad you were not angry.  

Anyway, I really hope he makes it to USF.  We could use the DT help next year.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Since you seem to be the expert on USF.....How about:  1.  a list of current football players who have been arrested and prosecuted, are awaiting prosecution or pled guilty on  felony charges and then given a scholarship ...how about a list of current recruits that fit the same criteria.

USF is free to do what they chose, as am I...If and when I become aware of football scholarships being given to such individuals...I most certainly will not renew my season tickets or support  the program in any way.  I've discussed this with my wife and she is in agreement with me.  This has nothing to do with  your "request".

As to your assertations they don't deserve a response.. Mr Pinellas was a low income trailer park community in the 7o's when the Bucs came to Tampa.

I have to much class then to release certain names....but none have felony's or else they would not be allowed on the team, but i find it hilarious how first it was 'criminals' now you tighten up with 'felony's' well clearly you know, or probably dont' because you've proven to be fairly ignorant about all that is USF and it's surrounding community, that USF does not allow felons to play athletics, and thus there are no felons on the squad- 1 or 2 that had charges reduced, but no punished felons, and neither will Stirrups if he successfully completes the pre-trial intervention program.

You really have no clue about the community you live in if you don't get my assertion about Pinellas.  Did you know that Pinellas County has the most mobile homes/trailers per capita then any other county in the state.  Did you know that much of Pinellas's waterfront and many very valuable land masses are owned or bordered by mobile home parks, check out Dunedin's waterfront, across of the Countryside Mall, Clearwater Mall, along US 19...did you know that Pinellas County's area median income severely lags that of Tampa/Hillsborough (which isn't stellar itself).  Did you know that when the Bucs were awarded a franchise in Tampa the tallest building was the Tampa Hotel?   Get a clue and realize how much the Tampa Bay Area has grown up in the 33 years since the franchise was awarded.   Pinellas has always been recognized, until fairly recently, as an inexpensive place for senior retirees to move, mostly in mobile home style communities.  

I have to much class then to release certain names....but none have felony's or else they would not be allowed on the team, but i find it hilarious how first it was 'criminals' now you tighten up with 'felony's' well clearly you know, or probably dont' because you've proven to be fairly ignorant about all that is USF and it's surrounding community, that USF does not allow felons to play athletics, and thus there are no felons on the squad- 1 or 2 that had charges reduced, but no punished felons, and neither will Stirrups if he successfully completes the pre-trial intervention program.

Just to add a bit more to the conversation regarding Stirrup's status as a felon.......If he successfully completes the Pretrial Intervention Program his rights are the same as any other citizen.  He will not have any "adjudication of guilt" on his record.  Whether or not USF or any other academic institution  takes this into consideration, I don't know.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

Rather than just lump all crimes under felony or not, I'd hope they'd take a look at the severity of the"felony" and what transpired since it occured. To deny a scholarship for taking a couple of cameras from a parked car seems absurd if it's the only major blemish on a kid's record. People make mistakes, especially young people, and to deny a kid to have a real chance in life because of it just seems like a mistake... Sorry I can't be as heartless as the Hauling Bull family in cases like this. I guess I need to toughen up.