• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to Leslie Stirrups?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

1.  you should also reward people that atone for their mistakes.  stealing a few cameras was stupid, but that doesn't say much about his character to me.  it doesn't make him a klepto.

How did he atone for his mistakes?  

A klepto..No. but he is a THIEF which sure as hell says a lot about his lcharacter

2.  so we should get rid of all the people that didn't qualify at first?  want to get rid of mike ford?

Mike Ford to my knowlege isn't a a criminal.

If Mike Ford doesn't doo well this semester USF should cut bait.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

1.  you should also reward people that atone for their mistakes.  stealing a few cameras was stupid, but that doesn't say much about his character to me.  it doesn't make him a klepto.

A klepto..No. but he is a THIEF which sure as hell says a lot about his lcharacter

2.  so we should get rid of all the people that didn't qualify at first?  want to get rid of mike ford?

""If he does everything he's supposed to do, he'll play here this fall," said Pearl River coach Tim Hatten, who agreed to accept Stirrups after he entered a pretrial intervention program in November that will allow him to have six felony charges (relating to the alleged theft of two digital cameras last summer) removed after a probationary period." --Greg

also, you were the one that listed not qualifying as some justification for not wanting him.  we have plenty of players that have done the same thing, including several that just enrolled from last year's class.  no reason to reject players because of that.

stealing 2 cameras does not make you a life-time thief.  

I think it sends the  wrong message to reward a felon with a college scholarship when there are plenty of youngmen who keep there noses clean who would love the chance to play football for USF.

he stole a few cameras.  that doesn't make him the devil.  

Devil? Doubtful. Deserving of a $100,000 College Scholarship? Heck NO!

As others pointed out in this thread...aren't there HS players out there that HAVEN'T been arrested for felonies and have CLEAN records?

I think Greg made a good point in his article in August when he said this about Stirrups: "If he's willing to steal from customers of a business that employs both himself and his own mother, what conscience would stop him from stealing from a teammate's locker?

everyone makes mistakes.  stealing from a company does not mean you will steal from teammates and friends.  get over it.  go monitor your own players.  

Everyone isn't a THIEF.

Everyone doesn't illegally copy music, movies, and softwear, though it sounds like you probably do.

well i'm glad you don't.  continue to buy all of those cds.  oh, and it's software.  you must be old.

Before you go correcting other peoples spelling and grammar, I suggest you get your own house in order.

Integrity has nothing to do with age.

""If he does everything he's supposed to do, he'll play here this fall," said Pearl River coach Tim Hatten, who agreed to accept Stirrups after he entered a pretrial intervention program in November that will allow him to have six felony charges (relating to the alleged theft of two digital cameras last summer) removed after a probationary period." --Greg

also, you were the one that listed not qualifying as some justification for not wanting him.  we have plenty of players that have done the same thing, including several that just enrolled from last year's class.  no reason to reject players because of that.

stealing 2 cameras does not make you a life-time thief.  

How many songs or movies does one have to steal before they are a lifetime thief?

So to you, there's no reason reject someone for a scholarship just because he committed multiple felonies and had a poor academic record in HS.   Sorry bucko, but I hold people to a higher standard.

BTW, while the court may expunge his record if he does as ordered...the fact remains that Leslie Stirrups committed felonies.

How many songs or movies does one have to steal before they are a lifetime thief?

what does that have to do with stirrups?  he only stole some cameras.

So to you, there's no reason reject someone for a scholarship just because he committed multiple felonies and had a poor academic record in HS.   Sorry bucko, but I hold people to a higher standard.

if he atones and gets his academics in order, then no, that is not a reason TO reject someone.

BTW, while the court may expunge his record if he does as ordered...the fact remains that Leslie Stirrups committed felonies.

ok, so even if he has no jail time and the pearl coach forgives him (see his quotes above about his initial thoughts on whether to accept him) and the usf staff thinks he has atoned then what more can you want?

driving over the speed limit by 25 or more makes you a felon in some states too.  does that make you a horrible person?  no.  all i am saying is that obviously stealing is wrong but it's not the final indicator of your character, especially if you only do it once.  and stealing from a company does not equal stealing from friends, family, and teammates.

ok, so even if he has no jail time and the pearl coach forgives him (see his quotes above about his initial thoughts on whether to accept him) and the usf staff thinks he has atoned then what more can you want?

I don't want his type given athletic scholarships to USF period.

driving over the speed limit by 25 or more makes you a felon in some states too.  does that make you a horrible person?  no.  all i am saying is that obviously stealing is wrong but it's not the final indicator of your character, especially if you only do it once.  [highlight]and stealing from a company does not equal stealing from friends, family, and teammates.[/highlight]

Exactly what make it any different or less serious?

The company can afford it.  Look, you have written him off even though you don't know him.  Luckily, you are not in control of who gets scholarships.  I believe in second chances and forgiving mistakes.  You obviously do not.  If stealing a few cameras is your definition of unforgivable crime then I can do nothing to convince you.  Have a nice day, and go Bulls.

[highlight]The company can afford it. [/highlight] Look, you have written him off even though you don't know him.  Luckily, you are not in control of who gets scholarships.  I believe in second chances and forgiving mistakes.  You obviously do not.  If stealing a few cameras is your definition of unforgivable crime then I can do nothing to convince you.  Have a nice day, and go Bulls.

The company can afford it!!!   What a jackass you are.

BTW wasn't part of his criminal breaking into vehicles....too bad one of them wasn't yours and it was your camera or Ipod (with stolen tunes) that was among his booty.

You come across as a person with very low moral standards.

I never said it was an unforgivable crime.  I said it sends the wrong message to reward a thief - especially one with a very poor track record in high school - with a college scholarship when there are plenty of youngmen who have kept their noses clean and worked hard to maintain good grades in high school.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

Give the kid a break, it's the American way - f'up, pay the price, move on.  You never listen to a game broadcasted by Marv Albert and gotten chills from thinking of him in a big diaper biting his mistress??

Viva los estados unidos!!

While I know it won't have a great affect on the football program overall, I have decided that if Stirrups is given a foootball scholarship to USF, I will not continue to support  the program.