• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to Leslie Stirrups?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

are you kidding?  bringing up example after example doesn't prove much.  and that's just 1 guy.  there are plenty of cases that are done correctly.  what is your problem?  seriously.

so you also don't trust hatten's or leavitt's judgement.  great.  just trust your own.  oh wait, except you don't know him.

There are thousands upon thousands of people who have been murdered or victimized due to  poor judgement of the part of the black robe club.  Hopefully it never happens it never happens to any of your friends or family members.

Rewarding criminals with scholarships just because they have the talent to play football, basketball, or toss a frisbee...is in my opinion wrong....and I will not support a school that does.

I don't have a problem, I have integrity, something which you obviously lack and can't comprehend.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  341

"but carlos, he had it hard growing up.  he had it tough and made a bad decision..."  

interesting choice of names...really tells me all i need to know about you

windbane and bbs:  right on

have you ever heard of carlos mencia because that's what he was referencing.....you're an a$$hole and a dumbass.....how could you say that it really tells you all you need to know....are you a racist or something

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

According to the Tampa Police Department arrest report, Stirrups stole digital cameras and other small items from two cars that were parked at the parking lot near Tampa International Airport where he worked with his mother.

"Stirrups faces six felony charges: two counts of burglary of a conveyance, two counts of third-degree grand theft, one count of dealing in stolen property and one for giving false information to a pawnbroker."

- GREG AUMAN, Times staff writer

Where's the other stuff? Surely this can't be all he's done for all the righteous indignation that you guys have been spouting about this ....  :o

nope, that's it.  he's on probation and under careful watch I'm sure while he's enrolled at pearl river CC.

are you kidding?  bringing up example after example doesn't prove much.  and that's just 1 guy.  there are plenty of cases that are done correctly.  what is your problem?  seriously.

so you also don't trust hatten's or leavitt's judgement.  great.  just trust your own.  oh wait, except you don't know him.

There are thousands upon thousands of people who have been murdered or victimized due to  poor judgement of the part of the black robe club.  Hopefully it never happens it never happens to any of your friends or family members.

Rewarding criminals with scholarships just because they have the talent to play football, basketball, or toss a frisbee...is in my opinion wrong....and I will not support a school that does.

I don't have a problem, I have integrity, something which you obviously lack and can't comprehend.

Coaches have made mistakes as well.  Does that mean every coach's judgement should be questioned?  

You have condemned Stirrups.

You have condemned the American Judicial System and the opinion of every Judge.

You apparently also condemn at least Coach Hatten and Coach Leavitt.  

You probably condemn parole officers as well.

You condemn me.

Is there anyone else you'd like to throw in there?  Anyone else you want to feel superior in judgement to?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

The judgement of the courts!!!   The judgement of court is the reason John Couey was able to murder Jessica Lunsford.

"March 24, 2005 Last night, CNN's Anderson Cooper played a chilling police audio tape of a 1991 confession made by the accused killer of 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford. On the tape, John E. Couey is heard admitting to molesting a young girl in her own backyard. For the crime he was subsequently charged, convicted and imprisoned for 2 years."

"Florida Courts do not provide probation workers with criminal backgrounds of their probationers, even in the case of registered sexual offenders like Couey."

" Couey has an extensive criminal record that includes 24 arrests for burglary, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and indecent exposure. In 1991, he was arrested in Kissimmee on a charge of fondling a child under age 16. [11] During a house burglary in 1978, Couey was accused of grabbing a girl in her bedroom, placing his hand over her mouth and kissing her. Couey was sentenced to 10 years in prison but was paroled in 1980."

Look at another brilliant judgement call by the men and women in black robes .

"During a house burglary in 1978, he was accused of grabbing a girl in her bedroom, placing his hand over her mouth and kissing her, Dawsy said. Jessica was last seen in her bedroom, Dawsy has said. [highlight]Couey was sentenced to 10 years in prison but was paroled in 1980, a time when inmates were serving a small fraction of their sentences. " [/highlight]

He was probably released because of overcrowding due to your type judges  filling the prisons with guys put in for some petty bull**** like what Stirrups  did who had a chance of doing something with their lives ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

"but carlos, he had it hard growing up.  he had it tough and made a bad decision..."  

interesting choice of names...really tells me all i need to know about you

windbane and bbs:  right on

have you ever heard of carlos mencia because that's what he was referencing.....you're an a$$hole and a dumbass.....how could you say that it really tells you all you need to know....are you a racist or something

Actually, I think it's just the opposite. He was infering that our maniacal friend may have been the one with the racist tendencies. Not everyone is familiar with the extensive works of that Carlos guy you said it came from.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

While I know it won't have a great affect on the football program overall, I have decided that if Stirrups is given a foootball scholarship to USF, I will not continue to support  the program.

the kid is going to PRCC for 12-18 months and has to be a model citizen there before he can come back to usf.

so unless you have a crystal ball and know he will mess up again or are you saying even if he is a model citizen for 18 months you still do not want him to get a scholie

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Good grief some of you guys condemning Stirrups have never even met the kid.  I have, and he's a good kid, made a real stupid error and is paying a severe price for his mistake- as he should.  However, don't go insinuating that he's in some class as a murderer or ******.  His dad is a respected highway patrolman, and mother a hard worker too.  They were severely disappointed and embarrassed by Leslie's mistake as was Leslie.  He's making amends, and deserves a chance to make things right and get his life back in order.

If he indeed stays straight as an arrow at Pearl River, makes the grades, is a model player and student with no mistakes, then he deserves another shot in 18 months or so.   We shall see, but Leavitt won't be easy on him, that we all know, and he will take a hard look at everything before deciding whether he can come to USF or not.  

So, before the uninformed, and classless pass judgement you might want to sit back, zip your trap, and wait.  There is to much time between now and when he could potentially enroll to worry about it, particularly since right now he is not a Bull.  Worry about it, or complaining when the time is right, don't worry your little panties over it now when it isn't even an issue.  Hell by that time another school might get him instead...look at Nate Harris for UL, he had an all-conference year and had a major criminal issue coming out of HS.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

You have a right to you opinions ans does everyone else.

As I stated before, I will not support a program which gives scholarships to criminals.

The fact that his mother is a hard worker and his father is a cop doesen't change the fact is  Leslie Stirrups is a thief. His mom and dad aren't the one's who are in line for a football scholarship.  

If Im not mistaken Ted Bundy's mom and dad were honest harworking people too.

Let Stirrups and other like him get a job and pay for college or let him go play for another school.

Rewarding burglars and thieves with college scholarships send the wrong message.

You have a right to you opinions ans does everyone else.

As I stated before, I will not support a program which gives scholarships to criminals.

The fact that his mother is a hard worker and his father is a cop doesen't change the fact is  Leslie Stirrups is a thief. His mom and dad aren't the one's who are in line for a football scholarship.  

If Im not mistaken Ted Bundy's mom and dad were honest harworking people too.

Let Stirrups and other like him get a job and pay for college or let him go play for another school.

Rewarding burglars and thieves with college scholarships send the wrong message.

have you been stolen from?  is your dad a thief?  you compared stirrups to ted bundy.  that's sick.  your opinion is just that anyone that has ever stolen should not be on the team, not matter what the circumstances and no matter their personal character.  you ignore the opinion of someone that has actually met him, judges, and coaches.  baffling.  you don't even know him!  

everyone deserves second chances, even you.  i've given you too many chances to stop judging someone you don't even know.  i'm sorry i'm wasting my time and probably just angering you.