• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great Commentary on the state of USF Hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Bullseye!!!! Great Article

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

This article doesn't really reveal anything new. Our b-ball fanbase stinks, and USF b-ball is playing without passion. Both points are well-taken, and we'll see what can be done about that in the future.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

i want to hear somebody from the Pro RMC challenge this article.

If you thought for a second, you might see that this isn't a Pro RMC or Anti-RMC article.  It's about the state of USF Basketball for which RMC is not the one fully responsible.  If you read closely, you'll see there have been few "rare" times when the community has been behind the program.  Having followed it since '78, we have been in spots like this under several head coaching administrations.  We've been unable to build any lasting success.  Even after Paschal's two often-worshipped NCAA appearances, attendance was fading (as was performance) until he met his end.

I think football has drained a lot from the basketball program, but I rest well at night knowing that the current AD understands the importance placed on us performing well in all sports - and recognizing just how hard that can be in the BE.  Whether you like it or not, it's also clear that the community is more receptive to football than basketball, and yet we also drone on about the lack of community support and football season tickets - and we're a pretty good football team!

So, no, I didn't see JJ attack RMC's coaching style, yelling at players, brooding, incompetence, stupidity, clownish behavior or any of the other things the Anti-RMC group likes to claim.

There you have it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

i want to hear somebody from the Pro RMC challenge this article.

If you thought for a second, you might see that this isn't a Pro RMC or Anti-RMC article.  It's about the state of USF Basketball for which RMC is not the one fully responsible.  If you read closely, you'll see there have been few "rare" times when the community has been behind the program.  Having followed it since '78, we have been in spots like this under several head coaching administrations.  We've been unable to build any lasting success.  Even after Paschal's two often-worshipped NCAA appearances, attendance was fading (as was performance) until he met his end.

I think football has drained a lot from the basketball program, but I rest well at night knowing that the current AD understands the importance placed on us performing well in all sports - and recognizing just how hard that can be in the BE.  Whether you like it or not, it's also clear that the community is more receptive to football than basketball, and yet we also drone on about the lack of community support and football season tickets - and we're a pretty good football team!

So, no, I didn't see JJ attack RMC's coaching style, yelling at players, brooding, incompetence, stupidity, clownish behavior or any of the other things the Anti-RMC group likes to claim.

There you have it.

"McCullum is a fine man and coach, but let us be honest. Louisville administered the 66th loss of the McCullum era, against 37 wins. This was USF's third loss in as many Big East games this season. The Bulls are 9-8 overall, but four of those wins came against MEAC teams. Throw those out and, oh … who cares?

That's really the problem here. Not enough people care. Even outrage would be a better emotion than the indifference that shrouds the Sun Dome."

I think one of our main points is that we padded our wins with horrible teams and we cant compete with the big boys.

I think one of our main points is that we padded our wins with horrible teams and we cant compete with the big boys.

Everyone does the first part, and a relative few do the second part.  What is your point?  to make it easier to understand.  Almost every single DI-A team plays patsies early on.  And only a small percentage of teams can beat the big boys - hence they are the "big boys."

I can't believe that mundane stats get published and you get all excited.

Everyone does the first part, and a relative few do the second part.  What is your point?  to make it easier to understand.  Almost every single DI-A team plays patsies early on.  And only a small percentage of teams can beat the big boys - hence they are the "big boys."

I can't believe that mundane stats get published and you get all excited.

I do recall the Dark Siders complaining after our second lost and every Mac Supporter stated that we have no room to talking because we are 8-2 or something along those lines. Well in a week we will have a losing record.

we cant even compete with an average at best Louisville team. I did not think we would win last night, however I also didnt see louisville blowing us out either. The team may be even worse than I thought.

The team may be even worse than I thought.

Perish the thought - not possible.

I do recall the Dark Siders complaining after our second lost and every Mac Supporter stated that we have no room to talking because we are 8-2 or something along those lines.

I think that followed the "Mac Supporter" line that they intend to let the season be played as scheduled and that withholding comment until the games were played was sensible.  I don't believe that any "Mac Supporter" or basketball fan really thought the Nov/Dec record meant a whole lot other than we won the games we were supposed to for the most part.  Pull out a media guide - it's like that most years.  You beat up on the non-cons (which we failed to do last year in some cases) and then the real season begins.

Your saying nothing new.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

"We should mention that this isn't exactly a powerhouse group from the 'Ville. Rick Pitino was missing two key players - one injury, one discipline case - and ferried five walk-ons on the plane to Tampa. The Cards needed wins against Georgetown (Ky.), Bellarmine, Sacramento State and Savannah State to inflate their record to 11-5."

YOU MEAN COACHES ACTUALLY CAN WIN WITH A LARGE NUMBER OF WALK-ONS, INJURIES, AND SUSPENSIONS!?!?!  SAY IT AIN'T SO MAC.

FIRE ROBERT MCCULLUM.