• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great Commentary on the state of USF Hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Wooly, I know it is tough to talk Bulls basketball but even when we were bad years ago folks still seemed to discuss the games and future games.  it just seems the board has turned into a pissing match.  I don't mind critical posts but lets keep it about what happened in the game.  I have never been much for deleting posts but I sure am now.  I just read a thread between TampaJoe and someone and all they did was throw rocks at each other.  Added nothing to the thread.  Joe started throwing insults and someone responded.  We all have to fight that urge to respond to stupid, add-nothing posts but it once you respond it seems to go downhill.  I guess you can call it the Smazza Doctrine.  I stoped resonding to 95% of his posts along time ago while the other 5% do add something.  Yes, basketball is tough to post about but if you look at the Cinci thread now you will see one that at least talks about the game for the most part.

And my wife keeps asking when we are going to NY.   :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

i want to hear somebody from the Pro RMC challenge this article.

If you thought for a second, you might see that this isn't a Pro RMC or Anti-RMC article.  It's about the state of USF Basketball for which RMC is not the one fully responsible.  If you read closely, you'll see there have been few "rare" times when the community has been behind the program.  Having followed it since '78, we have been in spots like this under several head coaching administrations.  We've been unable to build any lasting success.  Even after Paschal's two often-worshipped NCAA appearances, attendance was fading (as was performance) until he met his end.

[highlight]I think football has drained a lot from the basketball program[/highlight], but I rest well at night knowing that the current AD understands the importance placed on us performing well in all sports - and recognizing just how hard that can be in the BE.  Whether you like it or not, it's also clear that the community is more receptive to football than basketball, and yet we also drone on about the lack of community support and football season tickets - and we're a pretty good football team!

So, no, I didn't see JJ attack RMC's coaching style, yelling at players, brooding, incompetence, stupidity, clownish behavior or any of the other things the Anti-RMC group likes to claim.

There you have it.

I do not see that. It should help with recruiting, name recognition. The Sundome can rock and people will if they win ie: early 90's. Hopefully in the years to come the city will embrace the footbal team a lot more. When we keep winning they will.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  356

let me see if I have this straight: express dissatisfaction for a poor product, and you are "whining and ********".  Accept a poor porduct and you are a true supporter...riiigght...hmmm...sign me up for the whining/******** section please...and make it fast!