• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Matt Simms decommits from UL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I would love for him to come to USF, but why would he want to sit for 3 yrs? and then probably have 2 yrs of eligibility

His brother pretty much did the same thing at Texas.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

^because if he believes in himself he will feel he can start at USF

Why did Grothe come when we also had C. Hill in the same class

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Rivals has an article on a number of players who are decommitting. I don't subscribe to Rivals so I can't read the article. It's un the Louisville section if anyone wants to post it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

marve or simms?

Simms, I have a thing about silent "e's"  ;)

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

What other schools did he consider before Louisville?  

According to rivals:

Louisville (solid verbal)  ;)

Arizona State

Boston College

Cincinnati

Iowa

Rutgers

South Florida

Well, you can count out Boston College (Coach Change) and Cincinnati (Coach Change). That would leave the following:

Arizona State

Iowa

Rutgers

South Florida

But I am sure he will add more names to his list now.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

Arizon St (coaching change as well)

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

Would be a good grab.. We need to do it!

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

QB Simms says he won't attend U of L

Other prospects to wait and see

By Jody Demling

jdemling@courier-journal.com

The Courier-Journal

The University of Louisville football program apparently has lost one major prospect in the fallout from head coach Bobby Petrino stepping down to become the Atlanta Falcons coach.

Though many potential recruits appear to be in a holding pattern, quarterback Matt Simms of Ramsey (N.J.) Don Bosco Prep reportedly doesn't want to wait. Simms is the son of former NFL star and Louisvillian Phil Simms.

"I'm not going to Louisville," the younger Simms told The Record of Bergen, N.J. "As far as my recruitment goes, I'm pretty much back to square one."

Simms, who didn't return calls from The Courier-Journal, seems to be the only player among U of L's 12 known commitments who is bolting, so far.

Recruiting coordinator Joe Whitt and several other assistant coaches have been trying to hold onto the players who have committed and others the Cardinals have been pursuing in recent weeks.

"It's been unbelievable, but that's part of it," Whitt said of the number of calls he's fielded. "Right now it's been more parents calling. The whole thing is, I've got to figure out what's going on before I can give any answers. I tell them to hold tight and see what's going on, and then everybody will know something."

Coaches can't comment on specific recruits, but Whitt said he was unaware of any players who were backing out of commitments.

One who remains firm is Male High School all-purpose back Douglas Beaumont, who was named Kentucky's Mr. Football.

"People expect a lot going on to next year, and now that (Petrino) is gone people's minds have started to wonder," he said. "But I think with the talent U of L has coming in and the players that are still there that it still can happen."

Beaumont said he wants to play for the Cardinals no matter who replaces Petrino.

"(Bobby) Petrino got to see me play and has seen what I can do, and with the new coach I will probably have to show a little more what I can do and prove myself all over," he said. "But I will get through it and try to play next year."

Longtime Cincinnati Anderson High coach Vince Suriano said he told offensive lineman Mark Wetterer, who has committed to U of L, to "stay put for right now."

But Suriano said Wetterer is "very disappointed" with the situation. He originally committed to Michigan State before John L. Smith was fired.

"He said, 'OK, I'll look someplace else,' and he really liked Louisville and the coaches," Suriano said. "He liked everything about it and asked the coach, 'Are you going to be there?' and he said, 'Yeah,' and so he commits. Everybody else stopped recruiting him.

"Now they're gone. So the people getting short end of the stick are the kids. I'm not mad at anyone, but this kid is disappointed."

Bolingbrook, Ill., standout running back Dale Martin, who committed to U of L on Saturday, told HawkeyeNation.com that he will wait to see how the coaching search turns out before making a decision.

ESPN.com recruiting analyst Tom Luginbill noted U of L has a couple of days to make a coaching hire before things get desperate. It's a dead period for coaches to recruit until Friday, meaning they can make only one phone call to a potential recruit this week.

"There's no doubt about it, this gives them a couple of days of leeway before it starts to hurt them," Luginbill said. "But now they're sitting here without a deep class and no head coach. They have a lot of work that needs to be done."

The signing period will begin Feb. 7.

Jody Demling can be reached at (502) 582-7176.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

were we high on him?

is he a 5 star QB?

marve or simms?

simms is 3 stars

marve is 4 stars

Voss is 3 stars also.