• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's Clark Headed To FIU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

"I want to be in an environment where you can make a difference in a young man's life," Clark said. "Where you can make them better men, fathers and husbands.

And you can't do that at USF?  Strange!

BTW - CJL has already told kravitz he can come back if he wants.   Sounds like kravitz will stay in NC though since his wife has a great job.  He may coach hs from what I have heard.

Strange, not really....perhaps his philosophy and "The Jim's" didn't mesh well.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BasketBull.

Will there be an internal shift or a new hire to replace this position?

I wish we would replace it with a special teams coach.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Will there be an internal shift or a new hire to replace this position?

I wish we would replace it with a special teams coach.

???  We've had some iffy kickers this year and suddenly we need a special teams coach?   Let's see we've executed 3 out of 4 beautifully orchestrated fake punts, blocked four kicks, led the Big East in KO, and punt return averages not to mentioned returned three for TD's this year.

Nah, maybe recruit another punter but Leavitt's done a fantastic job as ST's coach.  How many years have we been leading the nation in blocked kicks, return yardage.  The ST's woes this year will exclusively to lots of young and inexperienced guys in key positions this year two freshmen punters, a freshman kicker, another soph kicker that hasn't stepped up.  

I think we'll be just fine especially as most of these guys mature.

"I want to be in an environment where you can make a difference in a young man's life," Clark said. "Where you can make them better men, fathers and husbands.

And you can't do that at USF?  Strange!

BTW - CJL has already told kravitz he can come back if he wants.   Sounds like kravitz will stay in NC though since his wife has a great job.  He may coach hs from what I have heard.

Strange, not really....perhaps his philosophy and "The Jim's" didn't mesh well.

Nah, perhaps he got more then what he bargained for working for Leavitt.  The extra long hours, demanding schedules, video breakdown....the demanding performances from Leavitt.  I think it was a bit much for Clark and he was clearly stressed by  year-end.

The DL success under him had as much to do with Earl Lane's under-performing as for Clark.  We'll be fine

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Bien, do you know any names that are being considered for the position left vacant by Clark?

I find this move by Clark rather strange, but like most everyone on this thread already has, I too wish him luck at FIU.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt must be brutal to work with

only conclusion to reach

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

dont bring kravitz back

usf needs to move forward

Bien, do you know any names that are being considered for the position left vacant by Clark?

I find this move by Clark rather strange, but like most everyone on this thread already has, I too wish him luck at FIU.

None at this time.  My guess is working for the ultra intense Leavitt was more than Clark bargained for, and he ran into the arms of a good ole friend and a dead-end job.  Foolish if you ask me, Cristobal will fail at FIU, the system is not godo there and Cristobal is not the type of guy that can succeed at a dead-end job.

The recruiting class is nearly complete, no changes from this, but I am sure we'll get a decent coach.  With the raises for the upcoming 2007 season Leavitt will be able to offer a decent salary range.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

leavitt must be brutal to work with

only conclusion to reach

Um, ok.  Has anyone ever left your law firm?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

If CJL was brutal to work with why to we have Wally Burnham and Rod Smith here? Wally is a proven entity and Rod has shown that with the right personnel he can help us score a bunch of points.

Something is a bit fishy. Could have been the arguments were for a reason. Our DL played great this year. That was due partly to Clark but also to Wally's scheme and pure talent and heart.