• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Room Ideas Needed

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,381
  • Days Won:  10

OK, so my daughter got married and moved out and my son just left for basic training so we have the empty nest.  We are cleaning out and reclaiming bedrooms.  My wife asked me what I wanted to do with "my" room (I am claiming the back bedroom for myself) and I jokingly said, "Why don't we paint it green and gold?"  She said, "Why don't we make it a Bulls Room?"  I am psyched!

Now I need ideas.  We are going to have fun with this and are looking for ideas on how to make this a USF Football Room.  It is small (10x12) and will be doubling as a music room (two guitars, amp, violin, drum set), so it will not be wide open, but there will be no bed.

Walls?  Murals?  Anybody have any pictures or ideas?  I am no decorator, as my idea of art is a wall hanging of dogs playing poker and smoking cigars...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  869
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly, I am contemplating such a room also.  I decided against the green and gold paint, kept the room neutral colors.

I would recommend doing the football swag room if that is your thing.  Signed footballs, signed programs, signed helmets, framed game worn jerseys.  Ticket stub board, all the other swag on bookshelves, then photo spot of you at various games, meeting players, etc...

Again, still questing for the iconic U neon sign.  Just my idea.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Ok.... divide the room with a white chair rail.  Paint the bottom green, the top gold.  Find a border for the top of the wall that's a football field pattern.

• Content Count:  5,381
  • Days Won:  10

Ok.... divide the room with a white chair rail.  Paint the bottom green, the top gold.  Find a border for the top of the wall that's a football field pattern.

That's what the wife was thinking, although she doesn't want to do any wallpaper border.  I like the idea of the memorabilia from KO -- gonna have to start collecting some.  I started late.

Hey flip, I may need your help on this one!! ;)

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Use a shade like this or even more neutral for the walls.  Use hunter green (USF's green) and gold as accent pieces.  Of course, any and all memorabilia you can find will work well.

Just keep it simple and clean in line.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm a senior (hopefully graduating in May) my parents painted my old room green and gold.  I'll put up a few pics next time I go home in a few weeks and let you know what it should look like.

My folks have come to 85% of all home games the last four years.  I've brougt me life long FSU family into bulls love (I'm still working on getting them to hate the nolea and gators).

You take your pick gatoraid or seminal fluid.  I say fuk em both.

Go Bulls!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Ebay has had a surprising amount of Memorabilia the last year or so, look for cards and mini-helmets from the Birmingham area locals... got a few Andre Hall autographed items from the Car Care Bowl last year that way.  Also, check out Sports Fanatic and the other local shops for stained glass bulls lamps, floor mats, etc...  

For wall art, try getting your hands on an old-school overhead projector for a day or two, makes for painting murals much easier!

Too bad that FatHead doesn't make Bulls gear yet.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

The best Bulls Room would have an external entry door with a film room in one corner and a refrigerator in the other.  Having The Jim come to your room to review film and grab a bite would put your room above all others.

Mine just has about 200 pieces of various memorabilia from posters to game handouts to programs to auto'd stuff from FAD and the Alumni Auction.  

Just cover your room with what pleases you as a Bull and it will be just fine.  Make sure you work in a TV and DVR thought so you can record games and play then 24 hours/day when CJL is not breaking down game film.

• Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Does the carpeting need replacing ? If so, do the indoor/outdoor green carpeting and have a BULLS Iconic U in the middle.

And just start collecting things. I have a bunch of old ticket stubs if you want to do a collage or something.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

I have made my study into a Bulls Room as well. We have one of the posters that says Welcome to Bulls Country framed, w/ pom poms hanging on the sides of the frames, the basketball teams schedule poster on another wall, tickets hanging up, etc. If you want to do a football theme, I've seen somewhere a throw rug in the shape of a football w/ the iconic U on it. (I think they have a basketball one too)