• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

To put our loss to UAB in perspective ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

check out this article in Ft. Lauderdale's Sun Sentinel. UF barely beat UAB 75-70.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-spufhoops31dec31,0,1009558.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

UAB lost to Washington State, Old Dominion and Virginia Commonwealth.

There only quality win all season might be Cincinatti and Minnessota.

They beat Big East bottom feeder Depaul in two overtimes..

Thier other quality wins were against Radford - Winston Salem State - UW- Milwaukee.

My life mission is to keep this board honest.

Just stop with the "green and gold" rhetoric.

Mac needs to win 5 games in the conference this year.  A Big East Conference that is clearly having a rebuliding year by the way.

If there is a year to win five games it is this year.  Cuse is down, Providence is awful, Depaul and Rutgers are in bad shape,  Louisville hasn't looked impressive.

This is the year were it shoudln't be much of a problem.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

DePaul will be a much better team this year. They have too much size not to be. It's not a matter of rhetoric, UAB has consistently fielded pretty decent basketball teams, especially under former coach Mike Anderson. Let's just wait and see how the rest of the Bulls' season pans out before we pull plug on the Mac experiment.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

My life mission is to keep this board honest.

that is a little pathetic

somebody has to keep the "everything is fantastic" crowd in check.

it might as well be me.

happy new year mike.

Guest wildrover

Mike has a tendency to come across with a "holier than thou" tone.  Its just his way, regardless of the point he is trying to defend or the position he is trying to take he often just presents a subjective statement as objective fact and then acts like he is better than you if you disagree (after all, if you knew any better you'd see it his way).  Some people are just like that, no biggie.

As far as hoops is going, I am definitley no CRM supporter but will give props for the Wake game.  I did not expect us to win that game and to dominate the way we did (Although they did start to look as if they were softening in the end, doesn't matter though, they pulled out the W).  The BCC win was expected but with this team you never know so good job on that too.

What is irratating when it comes to this board is that there are so many that say "Way till the end of the season" after every loss but spout off about how the "darksiders" are wrong and how they don't know basketball and how a these wins are evidence of basketball ignornace.  

Can someone please explain why the "darksiders" have to wait till the end of the season before voicing an opinion but those who prescribe that way of thinking do not?  Seems like a double standard to me

I think I saw somebody try to say that losing to UAB and UNLV aren't so bad since they will be in the tournament this year.  Honestly, I think thats a freakin joke of an excuse.  Losing at all should be uncomfortable and losing to good teams just means that we aren't at that level.  Basically all that excuse says is that "We're not any good so losing to a better team is okay".  Has USF basketball really fallen so low that we are now going debate the quality of the loss?  Wow!!!!

In football, if we played OSU and lost, the majority of this board would be pissed upset or disappointed.  I bet the entire week of that game we would go in thinking we had a shot and that we didn't play good so that cost us, if the game we're in Tampa it would be different, Rod's a joke and needs to go or whatever excuse you might find.  The point is that even a loss to the number one team in the country would not instantly be excused as okay since its OSU and they are just better.  I don't seem to remember anybody excusing the Louisville loss even though they won the big east (Including the coach of the team, he always thinks we can win)

Let's be honest, beating Wake is better than I thought they would do and we already have a better team than last year.  But Wake ain't all that great and have we really beaten anybody good?  All you CRM supporters keep pleading for the darksiders to wait till the end of the season to pass judgment after a loss then fine, I'm willing to do that but if you want to add validity to your argument and make yourself look credible then you have to do the same, even after a win

Wildrover....

The Darksiders Happy Hour will be in January at the Beef O' Bradys in Wesley Chapel.

Welcome aboard my friend.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Losing to any CUSA team in any sport is a disgrace

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Mike has a tendency to come across with a "holier than thou" tone.  Its just his way, regardless of the point he is trying to defend or the position he is trying to take he often just presents a subjective statement as objective fact and then acts like he is better than you if you disagree (after all, if you knew any better you'd see it his way).  Some people are just like that, no biggie.

As far as hoops is going, I am definitley no CRM supporter but will give props for the Wake game.  I did not expect us to win that game and to dominate the way we did (Although they did start to look as if they were softening in the end, doesn't matter though, they pulled out the W).  The BCC win was expected but with this team you never know so good job on that too.

What is irratating when it comes to this board is that there are so many that say "Way till the end of the season" after every loss but spout off about how the "darksiders" are wrong and how they don't know basketball and how a these wins are evidence of basketball ignornace.  

Can someone please explain why the "darksiders" have to wait till the end of the season before voicing an opinion but those who prescribe that way of thinking do not?  Seems like a double standard to me

I think I saw somebody try to say that losing to UAB and UNLV aren't so bad since they will be in the tournament this year.  Honestly, I think thats a freakin joke of an excuse.  Losing at all should be uncomfortable and losing to good teams just means that we aren't at that level.  Basically all that excuse says is that "We're not any good so losing to a better team is okay".  [highlight]Has USF basketball really fallen so low that we are now going debate the quality of the loss?[/highlight]  Wow!!!!

In football, if we played OSU and lost, the majority of this board would be pissed upset or disappointed.  I bet the entire week of that game we would go in thinking we had a shot and that we didn't play good so that cost us, if the game we're in Tampa it would be different, Rod's a joke and needs to go or whatever excuse you might find.  The point is that even a loss to the number one team in the country would not instantly be excused as okay since its OSU and they are just better.  I don't seem to remember anybody excusing the Louisville loss even though they won the big east (Including the coach of the team, he always thinks we can win)

Let's be honest, beating Wake is better than I thought they would do and we already have a better team than last year.  [highlight]But Wake ain't all that great and have we really beaten anybody good?[/highlight]  All you CRM supporters keep pleading for the darksiders to wait till the end of the season to pass judgment after a loss then fine, I'm willing to do that but if you want to add validity to your argument and make yourself look credible then you have to do the same, even after a win

Ah, the delicious hypocrisy of the Dark Side. Doesn't want to look at the quality of the losses but then questions the quality of the wins.

Now you see why you're considered jokes when it comes to basketball knowledge.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

;D ;D