• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lou Holtz said what?!?!?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Lou Holtz knows we have a good team, he saw we spanked Skip's team recently.  I bet we get a lot of good pub from Lou next year, so don't knock lou too much.  He just might give us some free pub next year seeing how much they love the BE and broadcast the conf. games.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I just cannot believe any of you understood enough of what he said to make out the names Amarri Jackson and Andre Hall!

Seriously....that guy has a worse speech impediment than most kids in 2nd grade speech class.  The joke of it all is that ESPN pays that guy to talk.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  151

calling ECU the Feel Good story may have seemed like he was doing it because of his son

but if you look at it objectively, ECU made a huge stride this season that their senior class went through. THey won something like 7 total games in three years, then got to a bowl game this year. That's a little bit of a feel good story to me.

Rutgers was strong last year-- playing in a bowl game and having some quality wins. They upped the ante considerably this season but they weren't exactly off the radar compared to ECU.

that's my take atleast-- it seems somewhat justified although he may hav been better off NOT saying it at all to avoid looking like he was pimping his son

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Jenna, stop splitting your alliances please!!!

And yes, Lou Holtz is a bumbling idiot, but there are some times where he actually contributes to the cause.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

HarveyGlass- I just noticed your avatar. How on earth did you come to be? I'm a bull starting to grow a few feathers myself...only bc of the boyfriend though! lol

Pluck those feathers right now!!  Dating a UL guy and wanting his team to do well is one thing, actually becoming a fan of that team is another.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Still not as bad as Desmond Howard breaking down the Holiday Bowl between Texas A&M and California by talking about what Texas had to do to win the game.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN cannot be happy with Lou's on the air performances.  He's a great guy, obviously was a pretty good coach, but it drives me insane to have to listen to his crap.  Feel good story of the year ECU????  What about Rice?  What about Boise?  Surely there was another option even if it wasn't Rutgers....Hawaii?  He is truly a homer....and his poison with regard to Notre Dame...enough.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

I think Wake is on the list of feel good stories, as well. Picked last...and won their conference.

Lou Holtz is easily the worst man on TV. I lost any ounce of respect when I heard him mumble about how great Notre Dame was leading up to the USC game...one minute it's "xyz shouldnt be in the national title game because they scheduled softies" then it's "it's not Notre Dame's fault that the teams they scheduled weren't any good."

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314

Why is there so much hate for this guy. Lou Holtz is a slightly senile old man...it makes for good comedy. He was a helluva good coach in his day so as far as Im concerned, the man can do what he wants. Plus I think he's pretty entertaining next to mark may and rece davis...if not a lil biased

Oh and he has my namesake...the man is genius!  ;)