• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something that I heard about PJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Shoop,

I have praised Bleakley quite a bit over the years, what are your thoughts on him? He never caught a TD in his career at USF?

THAT'S my point, ET. No one gives a **** about Will Bleakley, but we have a 3+ page post of people praising Pat Julmiste as if he did anything other than make us pull our hair out, throw things at our tv, and make our games absolutely PAINFUL to watch for 2 years.

I'm sure Will Bleakley and Pat Julmiste are great guys, but the bottom line is that Julmiste was a bad football player. Sure he tried hard, but ALL players try hard. Isnt that what theyre supposed to do?!

In 5 years, no one is gonna be longing for the days of Pat Julmiste and more INTs than TDs, his sub-.500 record, and his 0 pts produced in 94 minutes of Bowl game action.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63

Actually, not all players try hard. And all players are not team players. And all players handle themselves with class when demoted. And not all players put team over individual feelings. But PJ was all of these things, which is what makes college football unique. Oh, and talk about class. How about Will Bleakley? A 210 lb walkon who worked his a$$ off to start, and who graded out as well as any OL this entire year. That is also what makes college ball great. I will miss both of these quality guys that help make USF football a great program.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

Shoop, Pat could have made this year much harder on Grothe than what he did. As TKBlue is saying, not all players are team players. He turned out to be  a better backup than starter, hell he could have even turned into Glenn Gaunt after Grothe took over. BUt he loves this university, and this team, and he worked his ass off for 5 years for this school, and for this team (including his redshirt year) and people here are respecting him for that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

The last 2 posts are great !

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

i respect the work he put in, and im sure he took his demotion "well"..........but he really didnt have much of a choice, did he?

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I thought that was nice to hear that Pat got his redemption from last season's bowl loss to NcSt. To me, Pat looked really down after losing in the Meinke Bowl game. He always is nothing but class even when things are going bad, so I just want to thank him for that. If it is one thing that I am going to remember from the bowl game, it is the heart of Pat Julmiste.

Redemption?!

2 bowl games: 0 pts.

Why do we care so much about a guy who has been OH SO terrible? There are a lot of "nice guys" and "class acts" and "guys who try their hardest" on this football team, but none of them are praised so much after doing so little.

Congrats to Pat Julmiste for FINALLY graduating and getting off the depth chart.

What a first class A Hole.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

THAT'S my point, ET. No one gives a **** about Will Bleakley, but we have a 3+ page post of people praising Pat Julmiste

Then why not start another thread praising Bleakley and the other seniors rather than make an ass out of yourself on this thread ****ting on PJ .... Just a suggestion.   8-)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

i respect the work he put in, and im sure he took his demotion "well"..........but he really didnt have much of a choice, did he?

You may (but doubt it) be understanding football.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

it wasn't just this season that PJ demonstrated his team attitude. Did he piss and moan over being replaced by Denson or Carlton Hill? Nope-- all he did was get himself ready to do the best he could. And in the Penn State game-- he got us some points. He did well in other games as well.

Lots of guys share that attitude-- including Grothe-- and this is why we have the captains we do-- these guys lead by example. Sure-- they all didn't have stellar years or even careers. But they led and if you want to ***** slap that contribution down SHOOP, you are a clown.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

The truth is that PJ was a subpar qb, but no one tried harder.  I criticized him many times for his play, as is the right of a fan to do when the team is faring poorly, but now that his career is over we should recognize the effort and class that he has shown these last five years, as well as the role that he has played in Grothe's development.