• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm TIRED of...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

Kyle76, there is no way someone wins this game w/ a field goal

I didn't mean to imply that I thought someone would win with a field goal.  What I meant was that when you look at everything, there is nothing to widely differentiate the two teams -- thus, a close spread.  Field position and momentum will play big parts in the outcome (duh!).  Both teams are very different now from the ones that played the first half of the season.  We've got a new RB, and your QB has undoubtedly matured greatly.  Our strength has been our defense, so I think the game will hinge on our ability to keep you guys out of the end zone.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

There are lies, **** lies and statistics.  Statistics, while helpful, are also misleading.  We had almost no rushing game early in the season and have rushed the ball much more effectively late in the year.  Passing has been inconsistent, as our quarterback has posted a top-5 all-time game this season and also a game under 100 yards.  I look for a low-scoring game with few turnovers.  Both teams protect the ball pretty well.  Field position will be a key, and we have a top-notch senior punter (from Florida), while you guys have a great return man.  Statistically, ECU is not going to strike fear into anyone.  The games we have won have been close, and in at least 3 of our wins, we gave up a late, meaningless score.  We do what it takes to win and little more.  I think the oddsmakers have this one about right with you guys favored by a field goal.  It could go either way.

We can be sloppy with the ball.  28 turnovers this year and I believe were last in turnovers in the Big east.  We will turn the ball over twice in this game.  Similar to WVU, Syracuse and Pitt where we turned it over but won anyways.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

lol, I can see your point! That is why I posted the numbers I did. I think this game will be closer than I hoped it would be. If we don't man handle you guys I will cry :'(

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Kyle, I agree with you. Although it would be ironic if both teams kicked a couple.

I expect a good game with ECU hanging tough, like your WVU game, until the second half. I think the depth and speed of our defense, and speed at wide reciever will be the difference in the game.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  78

lol, I can see your point! That is why I posted the numbers I did. I think this game will be closer than I hoped it would be. If we don't man handle you guys I will cry :'(

We've only been "manhandled" once this season -- against Tulsa on the road.  I don't think we'll play that poorly in B'ham.  You may have to cry.   ;)

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Crap heap or not, its still a bowl beastie.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

repaired

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64

Actually, we have a good FG kicker.  We will kick anytime we are inside the 30 and possibly out to the 35 depending on the weather conditions.  He was 17-19 last year but has struggled at times during the season hooking his kicks left.  He was even demoted for 2 games to clear his head.  Skip has faith in him.  Sounds like your staff doesn't in your kicker.  I think I'd prefer you guys kick FG's on 4th and short anyway.  Grothe's legs scare me.