• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are the USF Ticket Sales Looking Like?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

SID should issue the following:

"USF was allocated 10,000 tickets to the papajohns.com bowl.  We sold "X".  As a university we are disappointed that our fans did not buy more tickets.  Doug Woolard, Coach Leavitt, Rod Smith, our current/former/future players, all share in this disappintment.  We could have sold more but: 1. We are only 10 years old; 2. Our ticket base is stagnant; 3. the **** game was 2 days before Christmas; and, 4. in freaking Birmingham.  

All prior estimates of tickets sold/distributed/given away was just us talking out of our butts.  From now on, if USF goes to a bowl we will respond to all questions of how many tickets were sold with a simple statement saying 'more than 1 but less than the allotment.'

We hope the X fans going to the bowl have a good time.  Merry Christmas and as always Go Bulls."

The crossed out sections could be viewed as poor excuses

They could be looked at as poor excuses or legitimate reasons... although the B'ham one is basically really only a poor excuse.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Not yet.  I think we're just over the 4K figure.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Why is it so difficult to get a straight answer to how many tickets sold?

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Why does everyone care how many tickets were sold? I'm pretty sure they won't decide that whoever sold the most tickets wins the game.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

A couple who are saying just go are still students (USFan, Randy). It's very hard because I don't get to see my family all that much, I've been home twice this year for weekends and probably won't be back to see them until August.

I know many can drop it and go and thats fine your lifestyle allows you to do that.

However, I have my family, my fiance's family, and my friends all in Orlando and I am alloted the 23-Jan 1 to see them.

Unfortunately the timing of this particular bowl game does not allow me to just pick up go to the game and then get home quickly to be at my grandparents for Christmas Eve (they do it every year). Further the costs would be through the roof.

I bought a ticket, however making it happen would put just too much of a strain on my finances, my time spent with my family, and making it home for Christmas Eve at my grandparents. I gotta put that first.

Yes, I am still a student... but a student in NC.  My gf of 4 years is up here with me.  We are flying to Tampa on the 20th.  My family (from Ft. Lauderdale) is driving up to Tampa (where my gf's family is from) and driving to B'Ham on the 22nd.  We'll be back in Tampa on Xmas eve.  We'll be staying in Tampa until the 27th... fly to Ft. Lauderdale on the 27th to visit my family and fly back on January 2nd to start work/school.

How? We planned for the bowl.  The BE does not have bowl games on the 24th nor on the 25th.  PERFECT!

As long as you save for a "bowl game" budget and you plan early... then you'll be fine.  All of this on a teachers(gf)/students(me) salary.

Next year Joe… now you know.  :)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

USFan, I can plan all I want, but I am one of the newer workers in my office.

You're a student and your girlfriend is a teacher, you have Holiday breaks that are given to you regardless well in advance. This yearhat gives you from the 20th to the 23rd to get to B-Ham.

I can plan all I want for next year and might not get it off. Most people are off on the 20-21st because they asked for their vacation then, I'm the lowest in the priority, thus the reason I am working until Friday at 5pm. Further, I too live with my fiance who is working until the same day.

My mere point was students have holiday breaks with much more leeway. Living in Ohio and not knowing your exact vacation days until everyone senior to you puts their holiday requests in doesn't allow for planning like that.

I had planned on attending the bowl game but knew I would run into trouble with the B-Ham or International. It sucks but it's the reality of being out of school.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

repaired

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763

Joe - if you get off on fri. at 5pm what is stopping you from driving up that night and pulling an all nighter (possibly like old times??) with your fiance and yourself alternating on the driving.

I'm a senior, working over at The Cheesecake Factory and even though I don't know my schedule for that Fri. the 22nd. Whether I get off around 5pm or Midnight, my GF and I will be making the trip with the sleep rotation. After the game we were planning on hitting up some B-Ham BBQ and then heading home.

So if you or anyone needs a ride we've got room for 2. Anything to get more of our true fans in the stands. Bulled Out.

Kyle

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Joe - if you get off on fri. at 5pm what is stopping you from driving up that night and pulling an all nighter (possibly like old times??) with your fiance and yourself alternating on the driving.

I'm a senior, working over at The Cheesecake Factory and even though I don't know my schedule for that Fri. the 22nd. Whether I get off around 5pm or Midnight, my GF and I will be making the trip with the sleep rotation. After the game we were planning on hitting up some B-Ham BBQ and then heading home.

So if you or anyone needs a ride we've got room for 2. Anything to get more of our true fans in the stands. Bulled Out.

Kyle

This exact same thing is what I was referring to, Joe.  Now you have a ride  :)

Anybody can make things happen… that is if you really want to go.