• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pirates still buzzing about bowl matchup

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

Proves my point assclown, Jersey Barney. YOU are the ECU fan that only wants to start she-at. No wonder. You are probably from North Jersey too, right? Listen pal, I lived in So. Jersey for 12 years, so I know your kind! And YES you are right on one thing. It was Charlotte I was thinking of, ie: Bobby Lutz,a class act of a better team. (By the way in your failed attempt to piss anyone off, you failed to see I complimented upperdeck). You can't even hold a candle to his class. My statement was made to find the true fan. You took the idiot bait hook, line, and sinker. Gotcha! NOW, if you want to talk about civil matters about the contest, istead of pissin in the wind to only get most of it on ya, I would be most gracious to exchange pleasantries and info on the game.    The Reaper

Proves what point?  I don't allow my school to insulted by the likes of you.  You talk sh!t about my school, I fight back.  I've been more than civil all over this board and the rivals board.  It's when dickfors like yourself get your "we are better than you" attitude that the gloves come off.

And hell no, I don't live in North Jersey.  I'm in south Jersey right outside Philly.

Now if you'll treat me and my school with respect, I'll do the same for you.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Jersey Pirate, No prob. Glad I got your honesty, AND you ARE as passionate about your school as I am about mine! GOOD!!! That's what I wanted to see.  Now that we got the pleasantries or unpleasantries out of the way, where you from in So, Jersey? I was from the Marlton/Medford area near Cherokee HS. More acurately 4 blocks from Little Mill C.C. in Kings Grant. I used to live 3 homes down from Pelle Lindberg before he was killed. Knew him well.  

Now, let's talk FB. I hear your #2 QB is getting the start against us. Is that true? And if so, why? Also, tell us about your D. One thing about us that so many teams can not believe is our speed. Can your big men up front handle such speed? Even pro teams who have seen us can't believe how fast we are. I'll start it off with those questions.   Reaper

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64

Jersey Pirate, No prob. Glad I got your honesty, AND you ARE as passionate about your school as I am about mine! GOOD!!! That's what I wanted to see.  Now that we got the pleasantries or unpleasantries out of the way, where you from in So, Jersey? I was from the Marlton/Medford area near Cherokee HS. More acurately 4 blocks from Little Mill C.C. in Kings Grant. I used to live 3 homes down from Pelle Lindberg before he was killed. Knew him well.  

Now, let's talk FB. I hear your #2 QB is getting the start against us. Is that true? And if so, why? Also, tell us about your D. One thing about us that so many teams can not believe is our speed. Can your big men up front handle such speed? Even pro teams who have seen us can't believe how fast we are. I'll start it off with those questions.   Reaper

I live near the Cherry Hill area.

You will most certainly be seeing our #1 QB, James Pinkney.  He's our senior leader and 4 year starter.  He's in the top 3 in all major passing records all time and that includes the likes of Jeff Blake and David Garrard.

We have a young o-line but we have not allowed very many sacks this year.  Getting pressure on JP has forced him to make some bad decisions that have cost us.  He can get happy feet and not go through his checkdowns and he locks in on his first read.  He is the toughest player I have ever seen.  He has gotten killed his previous 3 years and a few games this year but keeps coming back.  We throw a lot of quick short passes and I think you'll see a lot of those to try and slow down your rush.  Both teams have plenty of time to prepare so it should be interesting to see what new wrinkles are added.

I've seen a highlight video of Grothe and I can't wait to see him in person.  I just hope we can get some pressure on him and force into making mistakes.  We don't blitz often.  Our secondary has been phenominal all year.  Our LB's are very quick and our tackling is unbelievable.  I'm amazed how much we've improved in the last 2 years.  When we get a hand on someone, they go down.

I know that our team isn't scared of anyone and they feel they match up well against you.  I think whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.  It seems like you have a one dimensional offense and that will help us defend better.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

It seems like you have a one dimensional offense and that will help us defend better.

True to a point, but Grothe himself can be 2 dimensional.  If we do get our RBs going though, the offense is only stoppable by turnovers, so as always the game could come down to that, as you say.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  78

As Jersey Pirate said, we almost never (at least up until this point) blitz.  We rush four, and they stay in their lanes, so we don't get many sacks, but we've done pretty well containing QBs in the pocket.  Grothe may get some time to pass, and hopefully our experienced secondary will be able to stay with your receivers.  What we have done much better this year than in the past few is keep mobile QBs from burning us with their rushing.  I have a feeling we'll try to force Grothe to move the offense through the air.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
As Jersey Pirate said, we almost never (at least up until this point) blitz.  We rush four, and they stay in their lanes, so we don't get many sacks, but we've done pretty well containing QBs in the pocket.  Grothe may get some time to pass, and hopefully our experienced secondary will be able to stay with your receivers.  What we have done much better this year than in the past few is keep mobile QBs from burning us with their rushing.  I have a feeling we'll try to force Grothe to move the offense through the air.

That suits us just fine!  I'd rather see Grothe pick you guys apart in chunks of 8, 15, 25 yards without getting hit.

JerseyPirate........I've been to Cherry Hill a couple of times......pretty nice area.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Proves my point assclown, Jersey Barney. YOU are the ECU fan that only wants to start she-at. No wonder. You are probably from North Jersey too, right? Listen pal, I lived in So. Jersey for 12 years, so I know your kind!    The Reaper

Ah...maybe that's what screwed both of you guys up!

One from North Jersey...the other from South Jersey...while everyone knows Central Jersey/Shore area is the BEST!

Less than an hour to NYC...and only about an 1:15 or so to Philly...some of the best beaches in the State (Manasquan), Monmouth Park, Freehold Raceway, Six Flags, Revolutionary Battlefields, Parks, Garden State Art Center in Holmdel (now named about a Bank), and most important, the HOME of the BOSS!

North Jersey? South Jersey? No wonder y'all are screwed up! (JK!!) ;)

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Actually I was a district mgr. for 7 up for Monmouth County. For all you Phillies fans, I was one of the original fishnet guys down the first base line at the Vet. We would get foul balls and give them to kids with diabilities and kids in need.

As far as the game. It should be good. I think we are pretty evenly matched. I remember that speed back you had. I assume he graduated. (I hope). The time off in between the end of season and the bowl will make both teams a little rusty at the start. But I think they will pick it up in the second half. I agree, turnovers and special teams will play a big part.    Reaper

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Best beach in S. Jersey, Avalon!

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I do remember them doing their best to make Pat White beat them with his arm.