• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls win in 2nd OT

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Their coach (Will Farell look alike) is clearly an ex player and hasnt gotten past that yet (kinda like CJL). He was grabbing the water bottle and drinking like he just sat down after 15 minutes in the paint.

Everyone had an off night, the only bright spot to me was the HUGE free throws Bozeman nailed down by 2 with 15 seconds left.

I think this was a good learning experience for the freshmen. The first three games were almost too easy ...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Students were sitting there talking smack to Stetson, YES Stetson the same Stetson that should have won tonight. The same Stetson who is in the Atlantic Sun, the same Stetson who made the Bulls look like they are playing NAIA basketball. Instead of yelling at these kids who a few of them would start on our team, why dont you look the way and find out why Capko is starting and Mattis turns the ball over everytime he dribbles.

Our students talking smack to the opposing team doesn't look near as ridiculous as some buffoon standing up during the game yelling at our AD .....

Right and you care about basketball because performances like this are acceptable to you. Do you not see the big picture and if this how we play against Stetson, how are we going to perfrom in BE competition. Forget, BE Competition how are we going to perfrom against Richmond, Missouri St, UNLV, UAB. I even went over to speak with Woolard who completely agreed this performance was unacceptable, but you sit there and get real excited over a Stetson win. My comments to Woolard are justified your comments to Stetston are not.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

It doesnt matter who the team is, smack is going to be laid down. If you were sitting there listening to the Stetson moms coach their team more than the coaches did you would jab at them too.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Right and you care about basketball because performances like this are acceptable to you. Do you not see the big picture and if this how we play against Stetson, how are we going to perfrom in BE competition.  

Do YOU not see the big picture?? This was ONE game. The big picture is the entire season and to get that bent after ONE bad game, which we won, after three pretty good ones is a freaking joke. The play wasn't acceptable but the win was. To stand up and start yelling at woolard with 8 or 9 minutes left in regulation was ridiculous.

Forget, BE Competition how are we going to perfrom against Richmond, Missouri St, UNLV, UAB.

If we play like that, we'll get killed.

I even went over to speak with Woolard who completely agreed this performance was unacceptable,

Did you go over to him after the three double digit wins?

but you sit there and get real excited over a Stetson win.

Real excited? .... Hell no. More relieved than anything else.

My comments to Woolard are justified your comments to Stetston are not.

Standing up in the middle of a game, yelling at our AD is NOT justified .... and I didn't make any comments to Stetson.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

It doesnt matter who the team is, smack is going to be laid down. If you were sitting there listening to the Stetson moms coach their team more than the coaches did you would jab at them too.

I agree, smack talk is part of basketball. It has an impact. However, some of the stuff tonight was out of line and just flat out sucked. First, go after the players and coaches, not at the mom in the stands yelling "Defense". Screaming, "shut up you filthy w****." is out of line. The group in the third and fourth row behind the basket were flat out a**h****. Fliping off the camera, being dispespectful, showing no team support (down by 5 with 3 to play, "games over lets go home").

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Here are some of my other observations:

The team as a whole didn't have their head in the games.

Something has to be done about Capko.

Refs flat out sucked.

The only people cheering in the SunDome were the students.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Hey, I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any time.  As mentioned above, these are the close games we lost last year, against good & bad opposition.  Probably a good thing I didn't see the game, although the ESPN ticker totally screwed this one up, showing a questionable 67-59 Bulls' lead and not updating the score (but showing it was in OT) until well after it went final. . . not many nails left on my fingers.

Looks like only 36 unbeatens remain, and with the Bulls safely in the clubhouse until next week, expect that number to drop a bit before we take the court again.  There are still a few small-conference pretenders to weed out, and a few more big boys to likely go down in the ACC-BigTen challenge.  Maybe low to mid 20s left before the Richmond game, and with a win, perhaps some ESPN talking head will mention us on some list and give us some positive exposure.

As for TAMU-CC, I was there in Springfield, MO last season and saw them hand our team a bad beatdown.  Very under-rated, and I believe they now hold the nation's longest winning streak (five wins to end last year, and undefeated so far this year).  Only they and our Bulls can still trace a winning streak to last season.

For those not keeping score at home, here are the final three dozen unbeatens by my count: LaSalle, Clem, MD, NCSt, UVA, WF, UConn, Marq, Pitt, USF, Syr, Ill, OhioSt, IowaSt, Mizzou, Nebr, OklaSt, TAMU, UCF, USM, Butler, NIU, Ohio, WichSt, NewMex, SDSt, RobMorris, Oregon, UCLA, Wash, WashSt, Alab, Ark, TAMU-CC, FresSt, Nev.  Five at risk Tuesday night. . .

Yes, this IS my hobby, sad to say.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I just submitted my pics to Brad so maybe we'll see them soon.

I can put some pics up in the meantime if you are Jonesing

Econ, I was at the FIU game and a person asked me to sit down. IN THE STUDENT SECTION! Other people in the first two rows were asked to sit as well (all people in the first 2-3 rows behind the bench). Hopefully, we just took the night off and we'll play better.

Yeah, I won't be sitting in that section anymore. Plus, I can't heckle the coach from behind the USF bench. I just wanted to yell "TUCK YOUR SHIRT IN" the whole time... Alas, I was too far.

What was with Rocky's wet @ss? He gave my friend a lap dance with that wet @ass. lol

I was front row at midcourt and a few people were yelling for the coach to tuck his shirt in.

That's good. It drove me nuts the whole game. For crying out loud, tuck your shirt in! He looked like a bum!

img37781he5.jpg

yea but mattis also blocked 7 shots tonight!!

img35121nb3.jpg