• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls win in 2nd OT

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

This was the single worst fundamental game I've seen out of a RMC team.  Not good at all.  Glad we escaped with a win, as we were outplayed.  

I've never seen so many traveling, palming, and double dribble calls.  Double dribble is something you see in pee wee basketball.  I can't recall the last time I've seen it in college.

The good news (if you can find any from this other than the W itself):

Last year we would have lost this game.  This time, we were down and out twice, and still found a way to win.

Teams have off nights, just ask Cincy..... and you're exactly right, last year we lose this game. We're not good enough yet to just walk out on the court against an inferior team, go through the motions and expect to win. The concentration just wasn't there tonight.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

It looked like he hurt his ankle in the first OT. Coach wasn't happy that was the last timeout was used.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  152
  • Days Won:  0

Way to many turnovers.  USF had alot of passes just go right through players hands.  I can't wait to see what Howard, Gransberry, Verdejo bring to the team.  I am really impressed with Bozeman's Free Throw shooting he has hit 37-40 (92.5%) on the season.

Students were sitting there talking smack to Stetson, YES Stetson the same Stetson that should have won tonight. The same Stetson who is in the Atlantic Sun, the same Stetson who made the Bulls look like they are playing NAIA basketball. Instead of yelling at these kids who a few of them would start on our team, why dont you look the way and find out why Capko is starting and Mattis turns the ball over everytime he dribbles.

Our students talking smack to the opposing team doesn't look near as ridiculous as some buffoon standing up during the game yelling at our AD .....

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I can't wait to see this place packed

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

This was the single worst fundamental game I've seen out of a RMC team.  Not good at all.  Glad we escaped with a win, as we were outplayed.  

I've never seen so many traveling, palming, and double dribble calls.  Double dribble is something you see in pee wee basketball.  I can't recall the last time I've seen it in college.

Velcro - don't be consumed by the Dark Side. The future is bright! Shiny, happy people! RMC is the greatest coach ever!

</sarcasm>

Give Stetson their due.  They played a pretty darn good game, exposed our weaknesses and we were lucky to win.

And what weaknesses did they expose?

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

It wasn't pretty at all. Turnovers were horrible!!!

I was sitting behind the USF bench... they were quiet! No one was cheering at all until the second over time. ONE GIRL WAS ACTUALLY READING A BOOK! I couldn't believe it. Everyone around her was cheering at the end and she was just sitting there reading her stupid Harry Potter.

I wonder how many fans sit around reading books at other big east teams home games.  Answer: None.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Their coach (Will Farell look alike) is clearly an ex player and hasnt gotten past that yet (kinda like CJL). He was grabbing the water bottle and drinking like he just sat down after 15 minutes in the paint.

Everyone had an off night, the only bright spot to me was the HUGE free throws Bozeman nailed down by 2 with 15 seconds left.