• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaches and AP Polls:  WVU/Rutgers 7 and 8

I think what we really need to route for is for one of our conference bretheren to be ranked #3 or 4 in the BCS who ISNT the conference champ. If that happensf then our conference champ gets a BCS bowl and the #3 or#4 team gets the FIRST at large spot. Thus giving us 2 BCS bowl teams and then ND, well they should meet their requirements for an at large spot. Boise State needs to lose or the ACC champ has to get ranked higher and Boise drops out of the top 12.

You are right, but they reversed the 'automatic' order this year...

1. #1 and #2 get automatic bids.

2. The remaining BCS conference champions (it's conceivable but highly unlikely that - if everyone loses 1 game - that #1 or #2 could be a non-champion).

3. One champion of a lesser conference that finishes in the Top 12, or Top 16 and ahead of a BCS conference champion.

4. Notre Dame if they are in the Top 8.

5. The #3 team, if they are not a conference champion.

6. The #4 team, if they are not a conference champion and #3 was a conference champion.

Then the remaining slots would be filled by any team in the Top 14 with nine wins.

So Boise State and Notre Dame would still get their "At Large" Bids before a #3/#4 Big East non-champion (Louisville is the only team that could get this).

So then we want ND ranked #9 and to still get an at large spot, just after #4 UofL gets theirs?

There are four at large spots this year. Lets hope UofL can get one of them and Rutgers takes an automatic qualifier spot.

Not only does that possibly mean a better bowl for us, but it means more money to us also. Probably another 400k or so from the revenue sharing.

That sounds right... definitely right about the extra cash and better bowl.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

If Florida wins out -- they are playing for the National Title.  There is no way to stop it.  USC lost to OREGON STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have to be kidding me.  Florida lost at Auburn -- and the should have won that game.

Actually -- i think the debate will be should Michigan and Ohio State play again -- if their game is close.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

USF only moved up 2 spots in CBS sportsline poll to 58th.  at least Pitt dropped to 60, but UConn went up 20 which I believe is more than we went up last week, but they are only 67th.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I thought all Coaches get votes.... no?

No only 4 out of 8 BE coaches get votes.

Big East (8) (4) (50%): Randy Edsall, Connecticut; Bobby Petrino, Louisville; Rich Rodriguez, West Virginia; Greg Schiano, Rutgers

ACC (12) (7) (58%): Chuck Amato, N.C. State; Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech; : Bobby Bowden, Florida State; Tommy Bowden, Clemson; John Bunting, North Carolina; Larry Coker, Miami (Fla.); Tom O’Brien, Boston College

SEC (12) (7) (58%): Sylvester Croom, Mississippi State; Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee; Les Miles, LSU; Houston Nutt, Arkansas; Mark Richt, Georgia; Steve Spurrier, South Carolina; Tommy Tuberville, Auburn;

Big 10 (11) (55%) (6): Lloyd Carr, Michigan; Terry Hoeppner, Indiana; John L. Smith, Michigan State; Joe Tiller, Purdue; Jim Tressel, Ohio State; Ron Zook, Illinois

Big 12 (12) (7) (58%): Mack Brown, Texas; Bill Callahan, Nebraska; Dennis Franchione, Texas A&M; Dan Hawkins, Colorado; Mike Leach, Texas Tech; Dan McCarney, Iowa State; Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

PAC 10 (10) (6) (60%): Mike Bellotti, Oregon; Bill Doba, Washington State; Walt Harris, Stanford; Mike Riley, Oregon State; Jeff Tedford, California; Tyrone Willingham, Washington;

CUSA (12) (6) (50%): Jeff Bower, Southern Miss; Art Briles, Houston; Steve Kragthorpe, Tulsa; George O’Leary, Central Florida; Mark Snyder, Marshall, Watson Brown, UAB

MWC (9) (4) (44%): Joe Glenn, Wyoming; Rocky Long, New Mexico; Sonny Lubick, Colorado State; Gary Patterson, TCU

MAC (12) (6) (50%): Shane Montgomery, Miami (Ohio); Joe Novak, Northern Illinois; Gregg Brandon, Bowling Green; Brady Hoke, Ball State; Brian Kelly, Central Michigan; Frank Solich, Ohio

WAC (9) (4) (44%): Pat Hill, Fresno State; Chris Petersen, Boise State; **** Tomey, San Jose State; Jack Bicknell, Louisiana Tech

Sun Belt (8) (4) (50%): Larry Blakeney, Troy; Darrell Dickey, North Texas; Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee; Howard Schnellenberger, Florida Atlantic

Independent (4) (2) (50%): Bobby Ross, Army; Charlie Weis, Notre Dame

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

CUSA (12) (6) (50%): Jeff Bower, Southern Miss; Art Briles, Houston; Steve Kragthorpe, Tulsa; George O’Leary, Central Florida; Mark Snyder, Marshall, Watson Brown, UAB

I'm surprised GOL didn't give us a vote  ;D

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

TX,

CMU's SOS is 50th and they've lost 3 games, 2 of which are against ranked opponents

MTSU's SOS is 85th and they've lost to 3 ranked teams.

We've played the 109th ranked schedule and lost to 1 ranked team and two teams that are going to struggle to qualify for bowls.

Simply put we've played and beaten no one and as a result we aren't getting the respect. It can all change this week.

it is so simple why do so few understand

this was kansas state's problem when they were winning 8- 10 games a year.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

If Florida wins out -- they are playing for the National Title.  There is no way to stop it.  USC lost to OREGON STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have to be kidding me.  Florida lost at Auburn -- and the should have won that game.

Actually -- i think the debate will be should Michigan and Ohio State play again -- if their game is close.

cant argue with this analysis too much unless usc finishes with a significantly  higher SOS

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

And the answer to that debate should be something along the lines of,

The big question in college football is whether or not there should be a playoff to determine the national champion.  By chance, we have something like a playoff this year, with many of the top 10 teams playing against each other in the last two weeks of the season.  To repeat one of these games with the same winner and loser doesn't make any sense, as the team that lost should have been eliminated from national championship contention.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

cant argue with this analysis too much unless usc finishes with a significantly  higher SOS

Looks like USC would make it to me.  They are ahead in computer polls and play better competition the rest of the way (except Arkansas, perhaps).  They are almost exactly even in human polls, so it will be close.

Michigan/OSU loser might have to fall to 9th in human polls for WVU/Rutgers winner to have a chance at spoiling the stupid rematch in back-to-back games that would be a great punishment to the winner of the big 10 game.  Louisville dropped 6 and 8 spots in Harris and Coaches, respectively, so a blowout by OSU would seem to bring the big east back into play if UF, USC, Arkansas, and Notre Dame lose.  2 already have to.  only need 2 upsets.