• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#3 UL, #4 Texas, #5 Auburn, & #8 Cal all lost

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Remaining games with significant impact on BCS:

11/24 - LSU @ Arkansas

11/25 - Notre Dame @ USC

12/02 - Arkansas vs Florida in SEC Championship Game

12/02 - Rutgers @ West Virginia

If the SEC knocks itself out of the NCG with LSU beating Arkansas and Arkansas beating UF, the NCG will the winners of MI vs OSU and ND vs USC.  I don't believe Rutgers can climb high enuff in 3 games.  Anyway the BE needs the SEC to knock itself out to have a chance at two BCS spots.  Boise State definitely will be BSC.  It appears both the ACC and B12 champs will be rated lower than them if they run the table.

I do have on rant to mention.  The Big 10 is a joke.  5 of the 12 teams have losing records and the only significant OOC wins are TX and ND.  TX is a two loss team now and ND is untested and should have 3 loses.  Sorry but I don't believe the B10 deserves the cred its getting.  WI's OOC is a joke.  By seasons end half of the teams may have losing recs ie not bowl eligible.  To be honest, I just hate the B10.  Wish PSU would see the light and come over to the BE as a full member.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Jim, i don't think uf wil move up, that might move down a spot or two after having to come back to beat south carolina, and only beating them by one point.  i expect uf to either stay at 4, or to drop to #5

UF will not drop...... They will prob be #3..... Rutgers may be higher than many people think.

11/24 - LSU @ Arkansas

11/25 - Notre Dame @ USC

If the SEC knocks itself out of the NCG with LSU beating Arkansas and Arkansas beating UF, the NCG will the winners of MI vs OSU and ND vs USC.  I don't believe Rutgers can climb high enuff in 3 games.  Anyway the BE needs the SEC to knock itself out to have a chance at two BCS spots.  Boise State definitely will be BSC.  It appears both the ACC and B12 champs will be rated lower than them if they run the table.

I do have on rant to mention.  The Big 10 is a joke.  5 of the 12 teams have losing records and the only significant OOC wins are TX and ND.  TX is a two loss team now and ND is untested and should have 3 loses.  Sorry but I don't believe the B10 deserves the cred its getting.  WI's OOC is a joke.  By seasons end half of the teams may have losing recs ie not bowl eligible.  To be honest, I just hate the B10.  Wish PSU would see the light and come over to the BE as a full member.

The ND/USC winner will only play for the national championship if USC beats Cal first... if Cal beats USC and USC beats Notre Dame, it won't happen... Also, Florida is a lock for #3 and will move to #2 after the OSU/UM game... the Gators would have to lose to Arkansas to miss the NC game...

You're right about the over-valuation of the Big 10, but 6 of the 11 are already Bowl Eligible... so more than half are guaranteed of having winning records...

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

The Big 10 will get 2 BCS spots.  The SEC probably 2.  The team that we need to lose is Boise St.  They are staking claim for a BCS slot right now and there are only a couple of chances for them to lose.  They almost lost last night, but pulled off a comeback to win it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Repaired

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Truthfully, as I look at the current BCS and guess where teams land... it occurs to me that the Big East has a better chance of getting to BCS bids than almost any conference... unless Cal beats USC who then beats Notre Dame... or Arkansas beats Florida... I don't see the Pac 10 or SEC in any better chance of getting two bids.

11/24 - LSU @ Arkansas

11/25 - Notre Dame @ USC

If Louisville does not fall THAT far, there is a VERY GOOD chance that they will end up in the Top 10... along with the WVU/RU winner... perhaps only the Big 10 and SEC will have two Top 10 finishers...

We could be packing for Texas...

ah, now we agree, then.  I love your bowl analysis every week, heh.  (saw this thread 2nd)

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

the Gators would have to lose to Arkansas to miss the NC game...

UF still has to play FSU too, and despite everything that might be a tough game for UF.  UF hasn't looked that great recently.  FSU is up and down all season and could figure out how to score 1 game.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Truthfully, as I look at the current BCS and guess where teams land... it occurs to me that the Big East has a better chance of getting to BCS bids than almost any conference... unless Cal beats USC who then beats Notre Dame... or Arkansas beats Florida... I don't see the Pac 10 or SEC in any better chance of getting two bids.

11/24 - LSU @ Arkansas

11/25 - Notre Dame @ USC

If Louisville does not fall THAT far, there is a VERY GOOD chance that they will end up in the Top 10... along with the WVU/RU winner... perhaps only the Big 10 and SEC will have two Top 10 finishers...

We could be packing for Texas...

The Rutgers/West Virginia winner will be the only Big East team in the BCS. The at-large bids will go to Notre Dame, Boise State, the OSU/Michigan loser and an SEC team, probably LSU but if Arkansas somehow wins out, including the SEC title game, I'd say it goes to UF, even if they do lose said SEC title game.

The BCS teams, I say:

Big East: West Virginia (11-1)

SEC: Florida (12-1 after beating Arkansas in the SEC Championship Game)

ACC: It doesn't really matter; I think the winner of Wake Forest/Maryland beats Georgia Tech in the ACC Championship Game. The only thing that really matters is that Boise State will stay ahead of the ACC winner in the BCS standings, and even that loses relevance because Boise State will likely crack to the top 12 in the standings this week.

Big Ten: Ohio State (12-0)

Big XII: Texas (11-2 after beating Nebraska in the Big XII Championship Game)

Pac 10: USC (10-2 after beating Cal but losing to Notre Dame)

At-Larges: Notre Dame (11-1), Michigan (11-1), Boise State (12-0) and LSU (10-2)

Just missing the cut, in no particular order: Arkansas (10-3 after losing to LSU and Florida in the SEC title game); Wisconsin (11-1, with its only loss to Michigan); and Rutgers (11-1). Also notable will be Oklahoma (10-2); Louisville (10-2); Auburn (10-2); and UCF (3-9).

I really hope we beat West Virginia, in which case you can swap Rutgers and West Virginia in this; I think we have a much better chance of beating them that I thought two months ago, that's for sure. But I just don't think it's going to happen. I do, however, think, after seeing Rutgers shut Louisville down, that we can go up there and beat the Cardinals. I think our defense will slow them down enough that Grothe can make some big plays and get us to 8-4, hopefully 9-4 after the bowl game.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Jim's BSC Prediction

1. Ohio State

2. Michigan

3. Florida

4. Southern Cal

5. Notre Dame

6. Arkansas

7. West Virginia