• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#3 UL, #4 Texas, #5 Auburn, & #8 Cal all lost

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

So how far does Rutgers jump ahead in the rankings?

Kizarvexis

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I wouldn't be surprised if they are a spot or 2 behind WVU. I think they end up up around 6 or 7.

Jim's BSC Prediction

1. Ohio State

2. Michigan

3. Florida

4. Southern Cal

5. Notre Dame

6. Arkansas

7. West Virginia

8. LSU

9. Rutgers

10. Boise State

11. Louisville

12. Wisconsin

13. Texas

14. Oklahoma

15. Auburn

16. California

17. Wake Forest

18. Georgia Tech

19. Maryland

20. Boston College

I am not liking LSU potentially being that high with 2 losses. If they get there, then we'd almost have to have Arkansas beat them in a couple of weeks.

Truthfully, as I look at the current BCS and guess where teams land... it occurs to me that the Big East has a better chance of getting to BCS bids than almost any conference... unless Cal beats USC who then beats Notre Dame... or Arkansas beats Florida... I don't see the Pac 10 or SEC in any better chance of getting two bids.

Remaining games with significant impact on BCS:

11/24 - LSU @ Arkansas

11/25 - Notre Dame @ USC

12/02 - Arkansas vs Florida in SEC Championship Game

12/02 - Rutgers @ West Virginia

If Louisville does not fall THAT far, there is a VERY GOOD chance that they will end up in the Top 10... along with the WVU/RU winner... perhaps only the Big 10 and SEC will have two Top 10 finishers...

We could be packing for Texas...

I am not liking LSU potentially being that high with 2 losses. If they get there, then we'd almost have to have Arkansas beat them in a couple of weeks.

They are already #12... with four teams ahead of them losing, can't see them not getting into the Top 8 or 9...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Jim you're top ten look good for the Human polls, but I think RU is going to be higher in the computer polls and therefore higher in the BCS polls

Jim you're top ten look good for the Human polls, but I think RU is going to be higher in the computer polls and therefore higher in the BCS polls

Maybe... they had a higher CPU % than WVU, LSU, and Arkansas going into this week... it's possible they'll be higher - perhaps as high as #6.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

Jim, i don't think uf wil move up, that might move down a spot or two after having to come back to beat south carolina, and only beating them by one point.  i expect uf to either stay at 4, or to drop to #5

If Louisville does not fall THAT far, there is a VERY GOOD chance that they will end up in the Top 10... along with the WVU/RU winner... perhaps only the Big 10 and SEC will have two Top 10 finishers...

We could be packing for Texas...

With yesterday's results I am thinking that Louisville will not fall that much. They lost to a team in the Top 15, while the other Top 10's that lost were all to unranked teams, so you would have to think that Louisville will only fall about 6 to 7 places.

Still hoping for Texas. There would actually still be a way for us to go there without having to lose the last 2 games. Louisville would have to beat us, Rutgers would have to win out, and we would have to beat WVU. That scenario could still land the Big East 2 BCS bids, but the one where we are at 7-5 might be a bit easier to come by judging by where WVU is going to be in the BCS rankings.