• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Basketball Tidbit

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,013
  • Days Won:  469

Ok....so he couldnt get a job anywhere right?  but yet he has the best recruiting class coming in, so i guess you can say every team with a job opening except KState made a mistake.  The guy is a genius in recruiting we all know that.  I can move on, Im not a huge huggins fan but i give respect where respect is due and to say we didnt want him is absurd.  We NEED him.  We need something.    

Bulliever, choosing Sendek over huggins isnt a bad move, but keeping mccullum instead of a new coach with a new direction IS a bad move.  Sendek is a great coach who has NY roots and can recruit highly out of a saturated bball talent area, ASU will be alright.  Where does mac have recruiting ties?.  My frustration stems from USF not making a change.  Do we really think we can make no changes and our results are going to be different?  We are new to the BE and they dont think or care about us.  So you can call me a bad fan but it pisses me off to have people talk **** about usf on how we dont belong in our conference, especially when they are right.    

I think the issue is that some agreed a change was needed, but others believe that CRM deserved at least some of the time on his contract to show what he could do.  Afterall, there have been extenuating circumstances in the program since he took over. It's not excuses, it's the truth.

Look, Cardieri's tenure ended due to failure to succeed given plenty of opportunity.  I am sure CRM is nearing the end of his allotment of opportunity and without clear improvement in performance and recruiting, he may find his tenure ending as well.

It's just that like in any business there are appropriate ways to treat individuals and contracts and there are improper ways.  I think USF took the high road and shouldbe commended for it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

WE DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO BUYOUT MAC AND THEN PAY HUGGINS HIS $1,000,000 MINIMUM HE WOULD DEMAND.

Seriously, I dunno how else to say it. USF was never interested from the beginning because of the cost of the transaction. I dunno if we would have tried even if we had the funds, but I doubt it.

Get over it Huggins-lovers.

True, lots of Huggins jock sniffers, for sure. The real issue is Mac (over and under for this post to get deleted is 10 PM, it's now 714 pm)...no charisma, no roster management, no luck.  I'm praying and cheering for him, but I just can't see it. When I see how the ladies basketball team has reversed itself in the same time frame, can't we hope for nirvana to be higher than a BIG EAST tournament bid?

Look no further than baseball. The Eddie-iots held onto loyalty for too long, you tell me, isn't everyone more fired up for baseball than they have been in 10 years? Hell, and I was a Rupp guy....redeal the basketball cards, Woolard, give us 5 new ones.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,013
  • Days Won:  469

I think your reference to the ladies team is wrong...Isn't Jose already into a contrac t extension and his 7th year?

What is this for CRM, his 4th?

Lastly, why would you think this gets deleted?  Shows how little you know about how this board works.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

No charisma?  i don't know what you've been watching.  Perhaps it wasn't that evident in the exhibition game, but again... exhibition.

They had as much charisma as ANYONE in the entire big east last year...  They had so many things against them, and yet, they were in just about every game with teams that on paper were supposedly much better.  

And roster management?  please tell me how you would have managed things last year with the roster.  Please.  They had 6 players... your hands are kindof tied.

The only possible knock on mac so far is recruiting... and really, the first year recruiting and losing players due to coaching philosophy change vs what Seth had did hurt... some of that may be mac's fault and part of it is the players that left not wanting to be team players or play under a disciplined system.  And yet Mac still brought in BMo who immediately made a huge impact (RIP)... and then the next year... our highest draft pick ever... no hype initially, but Mac developed him.  That is what RMC does... find gems and turn them into stars.  Hopefully that continues, along with some more touted recruits from time to time, like Dominique Jones and Dante Curry, despite our "bottom feeder" reputation.

So it appears recruiting, while it hasn't been great, is improving.

So long as there is light at the end of the tunnel, which there quite obviously is, Mac will be our coach.  The moment our administration sees otherwise, I believe you will see a change, and not a moment before.

Getting 4 players back going into Vegas is going to be a huge boost to our roster... I can't wait to see the full squad play.  Its exactly what we've not had since Mac has arrived, for reasons that are his fault, others fault, and just dumb luck.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,576
  • Days Won:  423

Ok....so he couldnt get a job anywhere right?  but yet he has the best recruiting class coming in, so i guess you can say every team with a job opening except KState made a mistake.

Considering he, and the teams he could have gone to, haven't played a game yet there's no way to say mistakes were made .... That probably can't be looked at for years.

The guy is a genius in recruiting we all know that.  I can move on, Im not a huge huggins fan but i give respect where respect is due and to say we didnt want him is absurd.  We NEED him.  We need something.

We do need something .... a few breaks.

We are new to the BE and they dont think or care about us.  So you can call me a bad fan but it pisses me off to have people talk **** about usf on how we dont belong in our conference, especially when they are right.

You're not a bad fan, just an overly sensitive one.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

No charisma?  i don't know what you've been watching.  Perhaps it wasn't that evident in the exhibition game, but again... exhibition.

They had as much charisma as ANYONE in the entire big east last year...  They had so many things against them, and yet, they were in just about every game with teams that on paper were supposedly much better.  

And roster management?  please tell me how you would have managed things last year with the roster.  Please.  They had 6 players... your hands are kindof tied.

The only possible knock on mac so far is recruiting... and really, the first year recruiting and losing players due to coaching philosophy change vs what Seth had did hurt... some of that may be mac's fault and part of it is the players that left not wanting to be team players or play under a disciplined system.  And yet Mac still brought in BMo who immediately made a huge impact (RIP)... and then the next year... our highest draft pick ever... no hype initially, but Mac developed him.  That is what RMC does... find gems and turn them into stars.  Hopefully that continues, along with some more touted recruits from time to time, like Dominique Jones and Dante Curry, despite our "bottom feeder" reputation.

So it appears recruiting, while it hasn't been great, is improving.

So long as there is light at the end of the tunnel, which there quite obviously is, Mac will be our coach.  The moment our administration sees otherwise, I believe you will see a change, and not a moment before.

Getting 4 players back going into Vegas is going to be a huge boost to our roster... I can't wait to see the full squad play.  Its exactly what we've not had since Mac has arrived, for reasons that are his fault, others fault, and just dumb luck.

Pace yourself. It might be a long year with these guys riding Coach for the exhibition game. You've been dead on so far.

Thanks Flip... I do need to stop and take a breath...  I just get riled up from time to time... and always will defend my program when it is attacked without valid reason.

But I guess as the saying goes...  If you argue with an idiot, it proves there are two.  ;)

I'll be writing a few articles for SFB.com this season...  hopefully there are some good things to write about.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

But I guess as the saying goes...  If you argue with an idiot, it proves there are two.  ;)

Its funny I was thinking the same thing myself  ;)

He who defends everything, defends nothing.  

Not everything is peachy in Bulls country, especially in bball, but if you want to think it is because we play with "charisma" then go ahead.  I think it is peachy when we win conference games and make tourneys. But hey different strokes for different folks.  

Its funny I was thinking the same thing myself  ;)

He who defends everything, defends nothing.  

Not everything is peachy in Bulls country, especially in bball, but if you want to think it is because we play with "charisma" then go ahead.  I think it is peachy when we win conference games and make tourneys. But hey different strokes for different folks.  

Well then, by your definition of peachy, you will be a big Mac supporter after this year too.  ;D

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

"Kids don't grow up wanting to play basketball for USF"

- Seth Greenberg

"Kids grow up wanting to play for Bobby Huggins"

- Roy Williams, July 2006

- Jim Boeheim, Aug 2006

- Rueben Horowitz, Nov 2006