• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Basketball Tidbit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I've talked directly with USF Athletics associate AD about this very subject and have been assured, even during the week that all the rumors started, that we would never contact huggins and we would never ever hire someone like him.

Whether you want to believe that or not, Reub....  It doesn't matter to me... it is fact.  Our Athletic Dept wants to do things the right way, not find some shortcut and hire a raging alcholic just because he has hype or connections.  

Continuing this rumor is ridiculous and shows how little people know about the people running our program to think they'd even remotely consider it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

The other interesting tidbit is the secret Bulls donors allegedly ready to foot the bill never materialized.  Such a fantasy.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

Just as an FYI, JP Peterson and Brett were talking about this on yesterday's show. JP said he talked to a booster who talked about trying to get Huggins here but that's all he had. Brett's story was that there was contact between boosters and Huggins' people but the boosters never cleared anything with the admin before talking to them. Neither JP or Brett indicated that there was EVER any significant contact to or from USF admin to Huggins' people .... at least I think that's what I heard.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

That can't be.  He was ours for the taking.  I even heard he was going to coach for free for the first 2 years.

That can't be.  He was ours for the taking.  I even heard he was going to coach for free for the first 2 years.

You shouldn't have posted that... someone is going to quote you as if that is fact now....

we should be finding that in wikipedia any moment that Huggins was going coach USF for free.  ::)

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

You know what Im starting to believe the hype that there was no chance he was ever going to come here.  USF isnt smart enought to hire this guy.  

Yea bullzfanforlife you may be right we may have never wanted him, cementing the argument that the university of south florida is committed to having a COMPLETE loser of a basketball program.  Huggins is going to make KState a power house while McCullum will make usf worse than we were in CUSA.  So sad that some of you would actually want Robert heading our team than huggins when they arent even on the same level of coaching.

i heard of every single one of Huggins recruits, they are guys who willplay in the nba.  McCullums recruits will be playing against me at th YMCA after their tenure here at usf and i will be schooling them, true story.  

RMF said it best, the big part of success is recognizing opportunities.  

1)Huggins people speak to usf boosters.  

2) They have mutual interest.

3) USF boosters know its a no brainer if he actually WANTS to come here, run it by our ad

4) USF genshaft loves Cincys pres, who hates huggins, let personal relations get in the way of business

5) USF is not proactive and turn their heads and call it rumors.  

6) Kansas State hire huggins

7) Best recruits in the country go to MANHATTAN,  Kansas that is.    

8)  Kansas State competes at a high level and get much publicity

9) usf continues to be cellar dwellar  :( and laughing stock of big east  ;D

10)  blind usf fans still support this mess, smart ones say if not huggins, please NOT mac.  

insanity - doing the same thing year in and year out and expecting a different result.  This year same old **** just a different season.   How long is it going to take to see this guy will NEVER be able to compete at the same level as other BE coaches?  NO ONE KNOWS WHO ROBERT MCCULLUM IS, WHY WOULD THEY PLAY FOR HIM?????  Im going to go out on a limb as say he will not prove me wrong, just a hunch.  

You know what Im starting to believe the hype that there was no chance he was ever going to come here.  USF isnt smart enought to hire this guy.  

Yea bullzfanforlife you may be right we may have never wanted him, cementing the argument that the university of south florida is committed to having a COMPLETE loser of a basketball program.  Huggins is going to make KState a power house while McCullum will make usf worse than we were in CUSA.  So sad that some of you would actually want Robert heading our team than huggins when they arent even on the same level of coaching.

i heard of every single one of Huggins recruits, they are guys who willplay in the nba.  McCullums recruits will be playing against me at th YMCA after their tenure here at usf and i will be schooling them, true story.  

RMF said it best, the big part of success is recognizing opportunities.  

3) USF boosters know its a no brainer if he actually WANTS to come here, run it by our ad

4) USF genshaft loves Cincys pres, who hates huggins, let personal relations get in the way of business

10)  blind usf fans still support this mess, smart ones say if not huggins, please NOT mac.  

insanity - doing the same thing year in and year out and expecting a different result.  This year same old **** just a different season.   How long is it going to take to see this guy will NEVER be able to compete at the same level as other BE coaches?  NO ONE KNOWS WHO ROBERT MCCULLUM IS, WHY WOULD THEY PLAY FOR HIM?????  Im going to go out on a limb as say he will not prove me wrong, just a hunch.  

Continuing to show your ignorance...  despite info from directly talking to the directors of USF athletics, you continue to push that your rumor story is true... when the only accurate thing in it is that Kansas State hired him.  Nothing more.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

Not much left there when you take out the speculation...

MY RUMOR????? hhahahahahahahah.  Yea i made that rumor up.  

Yo the story was on the local news, I dont have that kind of media exposure velcro.  The story was on national radio and tv programs.

Im not saying he wanted to come here, but i know there were rumors which had to have  SOME truth to them.  If they guy was even mentioned with usf we should have started puckering up and given him anything he wanted, at least try to sway the man to come here.    

We didnt even entertain the fact that the rumor was out there.  And its BS saying it was a publicity stunt for huggins to get his name out there.  The guy could get a job almost anywhere.  Where is mac going to coach after he quits from all the criticism he will get, because its obvious we wont fire him.  Answer :  not in division I ncaa.  

Not much left there when you take out the speculation...

Your right trip most is speculation, but not #9, thats for sure.