• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Basketball Tidbit

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,577
  • Days Won:  423

And its BS saying it was a publicity stunt for huggins to get his name out there.  The guy could get a job almost anywhere.  

So he could get a job almost anywhere and the best he could come up with is Manhattan, KS?? That's some funny **** .....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)Huggins people speak to usf boosters.  

2) They have mutual interest.

3) USF boosters know its a no brainer if he actually WANTS to come here, run it by our ad

4) USF genshaft loves Cincys pres, who hates huggins, let personal relations get in the way of business

5) USF is not proactive and turn their heads and call it rumors.  

6) Kansas State hire huggins

7) Best recruits in the country go to MANHATTAN,  Kansas that is.    

8)  Kansas State competes at a high level and get much publicity

9) usf continues to be cellar dwellar  :( and laughing stock of big east  ;D

10)  blind usf fans still support this mess, smart ones say if not huggins, please NOT mac.

Not much left there when you take out the speculation...

Your right trip most is speculation, but not #9, thats for sure.  

Actually, right now the Bulls are tied for first place in the Big East ..... Speculate away.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,015
  • Days Won:  469

And its BS saying it was a publicity stunt for huggins to get his name out there.  The guy could get a job almost anywhere.  

So he could get a job almost anywhere and the best he could come up with is Manhattan, KS?? That's some funny **** .....

Like I said, even a more prominent (well-funded) program like ASU passed on him.  Some of their fans threw a fit too wanting the win now at all costs deal.  And they even had an opening (now filled by Herb Sendek whom they chose over Bobby Huggins).  But such is life.

What is funny is that just because the fantasizers want to believe there was any chance of Huggins coming here, they choose to lump everyone in McCullum's camp that disagrees with them.  Just because your story is not correct does not mean that all of those that know the story are McCullum's disciples.  

I want the best for USF.  We're not there.  Huggins, like Roy Williams, was not an option.  Move on.

Like I said, even a more prominent (well-funded) program like ASU passed on him.  Some of their fans threw a fit too wanting the win now at all costs deal.  And they even had an opening (now filled by Herb Sendek whom they chose over Bobby Huggins).  But such is life.

And weren't there two openings in the Big East last year? You'd think if the Hugster could get a job almost anywhere, those would have been two prime ones .... Apparently most astute hoops people don't have the same lofty opinion of Huggins as our resident groupies do. Must be the   post season choke jobs he excelled at ..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

And weren't there two openings in the Big East last year? You'd think if the Hugster could get a job almost anywhere, those would have been two prime ones .... Apparently most astute hoops people don't have the same lofty opinion of Huggins as our resident groupies do. Must be the   post season choke jobs he excelled at ..

exactly Trip... just because some booster, or group of boosters even, that are high up wanted huggins, it has no bearing on the fact that Huggins was not an option, (and would never be one here because we would never step on the toes of our conference breatheren or do something that would make us look like we didn't care about academics and morals) and firing Mac wasn't going to happen... perhaps in the future, but at that point, it wasn't.

For us to even consider a new coach, we'd have to have been looking to get rid of Mac... er go, if we weren't trying to get rid of Mac, (we 100% were not... Doug Woolard is a smart guy), then we wouldn't even talk to any coach, much less someone of "that other guy"'s character.

Go ahead though, keep your rumor alive and keep twisting it to something other than the unsuccessful want of a prominant booster.  It was nothing more than that, but of course, you will believe whatever you want in your completely distorted viewpoint.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Ok....so he couldnt get a job anywhere right?  but yet he has the best recruiting class coming in, so i guess you can say every team with a job opening except KState made a mistake.  The guy is a genius in recruiting we all know that.  I can move on, Im not a huge huggins fan but i give respect where respect is due and to say we didnt want him is absurd.  We NEED him.  We need something.    

Bulliever, choosing Sendek over huggins isnt a bad move, but keeping mccullum instead of a new coach with a new direction IS a bad move.  Sendek is a great coach who has NY roots and can recruit highly out of a saturated bball talent area, ASU will be alright.  Where does mac have recruiting ties?.  My frustration stems from USF not making a change.  Do we really think we can make no changes and our results are going to be different?  We are new to the BE and they dont think or care about us.  So you can call me a bad fan but it pisses me off to have people talk **** about usf on how we dont belong in our conference, especially when they are right.    

exactly Trip... just because some booster, or group of boosters even, that are high up wanted huggins, it has no bearing on the fact that Huggins was not an option, (and would never be one here because we would never step on the toes of our conference breatheren or do something that would make us look like we didn't care about academics and morals) and firing Mac wasn't going to happen... perhaps in the future, but at that point, it wasn't.

Are you saying we weren't interested in being attached to perpetual stories that start like this one?

Nov. 9, 2006, 4:49PM

Back in purple, Huggins starts over at Kansas State

Associated Press

MANHATTAN, Kan. — Bob Huggins knows what some people say about him, and yeah, it bothers him.

The low graduation rates. The players who ran afoul of the law. The DUI. The perception he and his Cincinnati program skirted the bounds of respectability.

Cincinnati may have had some of the best teams in the country, but the Bearcats were seen as the NCAA version of the Bad Boys. Several players were arrested or suspended for a variety of offenses, from domestic violence to punching a police horse named Mr. Mike Cody. In 1998, the school was put on probation for that ominous lack of institutional control.

And in the 1990s, the team's graduation rate was one of the worst in the country.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4324036.html

Just win baby.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

WE DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO BUYOUT MAC AND THEN PAY HUGGINS HIS $1,000,000 MINIMUM HE WOULD DEMAND.

Seriously, I dunno how else to say it. USF was never interested from the beginning because of the cost of the transaction. I dunno if we would have tried even if we had the funds, but I doubt it.

Get over it Huggins-lovers.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Yup... we have more class than that, thankfully.

Mac is a class guy, and will get things back on track.  The wheels are already in motion.  Hopefully the lug nuts are tight.