• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Texas vs UCF series

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

i ftexas asked  and if usf turned down a game or a 2-1 deal with texas the person responsible for turning it down needs to be fired

smazza, theoretically we've fired everyone already...there's nobody left.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Texas came to USF FIRST.  They wanted a 1 for 2 (one here 2 at Texas).  The USF athletic director said home and home or nothing.  

Sure about that?

I seem to remember several articles about Notre Dame playing USF in Tampa area papers (even though it was just a rumor), but I'm sure if Texas, this year's defending National Champion, gave USF an offer for ANY games...SOMEONE would of wrote about it.

Excerpts have been written about it...when asked Woolard stated they came to us first asking for a 2 for 1 and we said no.

It's been reiterated time and again by Woolard and Leavitt at meetings.  SO yeah, we're sure about it.

In fact, we get lots of 2 for 1 offers that we reject.  We've been talking to OK, started as a 2 for 1 too.  

This is not necessarily a disrespect to UCF, well unless someone makes a disparaging comment, but at the time of the offer we were already well on our way to signing a number of 1 and 1 deals, and again still talking to OK, so the deal didn't have value to us.  Which is pretty obvious, and given UCF's position a 2 for 1 with Texas was a good move not only scheduling but getting Texas to visit you first.  That, in and of itself, is a victory for UCF.

i ftexas asked  and

if usf turned down a game or a 2-1 deal with texas

the person responsible for turning it down needs to be fired

isnt usf trying to play the best teams?

That's the most stupid, and preposterous thing I've seen you post.  Why?  particularly when we can get a 1 for 1 with an equal power!

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Texas came to USF FIRST.  They wanted a 1 for 2 (one here 2 at Texas).  The USF athletic director said home and home or nothing.  

Sure about that?

I seem to remember several articles about Notre Dame playing USF in Tampa area papers (even though it was just a rumor), but I'm sure if Texas, this year's defending National Champion, gave USF an offer for ANY games...SOMEONE would of wrote about it.

Excerpts have been written about it...when asked Woolard stated they came to us first asking for a 2 for 1 and we said no.

It's been reiterated time and again by Woolard and Leavitt at meetings.  SO yeah, we're sure about it.

In fact, we get lots of 2 for 1 offers that we reject.  We've been talking to OK, started as a 2 for 1 too.  

This is not necessarily a disrespect to UCF, well unless someone makes a disparaging comment, but at the time of the offer we were already well on our way to signing a number of 1 and 1 deals, and again still talking to OK, so the deal didn't have value to us.  Which is pretty obvious, and given UCF's position a 2 for 1 with Texas was a good move not only scheduling but getting Texas to visit you first.  That, in and of itself, is a victory for UCF.

That's funny....and even if true...it was never reported till AFTER Texas/UCF & ESPN had their signed contract.

Notre Dame rumor of a game?? Tons of articles written on it.

National Champ Texas wanting to play USF?

Articles?

Even UCF/Texas had rumor articles before the game became official:

http://www.fanblogs.com/texas/006468.php

http://www.fanblogs.com/central_florida/006492.php

Sure about that?

That's funny....and even if true...it was never reported till AFTER Texas/UCF & ESPN had their signed contract.

Notre Dame rumor of a game?? Tons of articles written on it.

National Champ Texas wanting to play USF?

Articles?

http://www.fanblogs.com/central_florida/006492.php

What on earth would be gained by doing a full fledged article on the fact Texas called us to inquire about a game, and we said NO?  I can't remember if it was the Times or Trib but a small excerpt was made when someone asked Woolard after or about when your game was announced and he said he had spoken with Texas and wasn't interested in 2 for 1's...and then said he's had discussions with lots of teams.

You're not one of those naive, Knight-centric' fans that think the world rises and sets....oops you're KL that's right you are that ignorant.  FYI most of these AD's are constantly talking to lots of schools, it's not unheard of, that Texas AD might have been speaking with us AND UCF.  We said no, you said YES!  No way Texas would have offered USF a 1 for 1, I am not that naive....it would have been a 2 for 1 just like you....which if you were even half-witted would realize that's a good sign for UCF fans because that means Texas looks at us as equals---DUH.  As for USF, at the time we were announcing multiple 1 for 1's with BCS opponents so there was really no need to chase after a 2 for 1.

As for the ND thing, it's an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MATTER!!!!  Notre Dame has announced an intention to play 3 BE teams annually starting in 2009, and if USF was one of those select teams that would be big news.  Furthermore, they're a conference foe so it's important conference chatter.   An article about the fact we turned down Texas for a 2 for 1....what do you want them to write some expose?  We've just signed 1 for 1's with Miami, Michigan State, NCST, and a few other BCS teams.  SO, why would it be surprising that we would turn down a 2 for 1?  Why would we do it when that doesn't fit our MO?

****, get it through your thick skull that we're on a different level as you.  Period.  For UCF a 2 for 1 against Texas makes perfect sense, for USF not so much.  That's reality.   But like I said above if you need a moral victory to back out of your goofy stance gracefully then realize that Texas offered us the same thing as you (hell they might not have offered us to come to Tampa first) so they don't differentiate much between us.  I am just trying to help you out a bit with this inferiority thing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

From that blog:

Alex says:

posted on April 26, 2006 02:09 PM  IP: 69.3.157.144  link

In response to comment #1, UCF is already slated to play the big florida schools. George O'Leary has stated that UCF intends to play 2 florida schools a year.

As far as hurting Texas's strength of schedule, the rumor is the game is dependent on this seasons performance for the Golden Knights. If they keep up last years pace, then its game on. If they don't, ESPN will find a new matchup.

Sounds like a win/win to me

Hmmm .....    ::)

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

KL... it had been reported that Texas game to USF first... do a search and you'll find it.

I read it with my eyes... just like how some have mentioned already.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

exactly

i wonder if o'loser is gonna cry to the media this summer about how bad he wants to be USF's rival.

Of course, would you expect any different.