• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running Backs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

USF has landed Joe Jones the running back from South Broward!  He's a big time runner.  Real nice get!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

I was going to ask that question. Joe Jones is a good back. He hasnt gotten lots of publicity since his team at 8-2 missed playoffs but he had 55 carries for 459 yds and 7 tds. He would be a good catch

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

This one time we really need that 5/4 star running back who can come in and make an impact.  No disrespect to our current RBs but our offense needs a playmaker at RB.

And this is the one position that I feel we should be able to find someone who can come in and play well as a freshman (see j james @MIA).  Ponton is starting to look more like a solid backup and B. williams is looking like a walk-on.  We need to land a guy who could potentially start next season, not a guy who will develop into a starter over the next few years ala K. Dorsey.

Obviously this isn't an easy task or we'd already have a great RB on the roster.  I am still holding out hope that the guys we have now will develop, but you don't have to go outside the state to see that this is one of the toughest positions to find a quality player that fits the system.

See UF, See FSU, UM starting a true freshman.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Well maybe Josh,Bein or Greg will be able to enlighten us.  Are we asking for too much ?  Do we already have that RB and some of us don't recognize him ?  I have to think those guys also think a big time RB would do wonders for our offense(not saying its bad but could be scary good with that addition).  True guys ?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

I still feel that Ponton can do it.

I have heard great things about Plancher since he arrived.

And heard good things about Dorsey this season.

And heard good things about Samuels in HS.

Ponton is the only battle tested . . . just wish he was getting more carries.  :-/

Guest TKBlue(Guest)

With all the great young talent on this team the next step will be to land the occassional 4/5 star difference maker, such as the big WR at Georgia Tech that really put them on the map, or RB Peterson at Oklahoma. Game breakers. Tough to land but our time is due. And RB would be an excellent position for that  to happen on this team at this time. We are just so so fortunate to have a star quarterback for three more years. That is SOOO huge and should influence players who will want to play with Grothe.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

why is ponton not the man?

he does not seem to get the carries. why?

is he stiill in cjl's dog house?

does he not have the talent?

does he not practice well?

is he not in shape?

does he have the dropsies?

Guest Josh Newberg(Guest)

Ponton is a good back, but not the perfect fit in this offense.  Not enough speed and he doesnt do much in the passing game.  USF needs a back much like Slaton from WVU.  There are a few out there this year that would make a great fit.  I have a good feeling this year will be the year they land a great back.  

Josh Newberg

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

Josh

any names that you think USF has a shot at landing this year?