• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running Backs

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,593
  • Days Won:  29

...  I have a good feeling this year will be the year they land a great back.  

Josh Newberg

You know I ALWAYS have this feeling  ;)

But hearing it from you is better  8-)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

...  I have a good feeling this year will be the year they land a great back.  

Josh Newberg

You know I ALWAYS have this feeling  ;)

But hearing it from you is better  8-)

I agree with you.  Hearing from Josh is better.   ;)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Cuban, sign up for the premium service at Joshs site and you may get some better info.  Him just posting what he did on here is really really nice of him.  His input on this board is always welcome.

Guest Josh Newberg(Guest)

It's cool, you guys are great over here.  But Dabull is right, all we do on the other site is talk recruiting.  I talk to these kids every night, we have stories, various top 10 lists, and videos up all the time, specific to USF, not some regurgitated network crap.

Ok, theres a slight difference in who I see as a good fit compared to who USF can realistically land.  By that I mean, who the coaches have interest in and who has interest in the program.  (My recruiting updates on the site are specific to that)  Here are a few names I like in the Bulls system, mostly because they are speed guys that have great hands.

Rai-Shawn Wilson (my personal fav)

Joe Jones

Rickey Anderson

Jock Sanders

Philip Sylvester (Im sure not many have ever heard of him)

Chacon Lee

Gordon Warner

Mike Brown

Tyson Butler

Those are a couple off the top of my head.  But my list would be a little different if it came to mutual interest.

Josh Newberg

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Tyson Butler set the Lee County single game rushing record.  Over 400 yards.  

From Greg's blog:

I've got some somewhat bad news on the recruiting front: I'm no longer counting Cape Coral running back Rickey Anderson Jr. as a USF commitment, simply because the Bulls haven't offered him yet. Anderson told the Times and later USFnation.com last week that he had accepted a scholarship offer, but he confirmed Thursday night that the offer hasn't actually come yet. Anderson, as we told you last week, is recovering from surgery to repair a torn ACL, and while he definitely wants to come to USF, it seems the Bulls are still in wait-and-see mode, at a crucial position for this recruiting class. This is a frustrating aspect of covering recruiting, in that you're relying on teenagers to answer questions honestly and directly and that isn't always the case. Anderson certainly seems like a good kid, and he remains in steady contact with USF running backs coach Carl Franks.

This may very well be a sign that we have a bigger fish on the line.

Yahoo/Rivals:

South Florida leads for Ocala (Fla.) Trinity Catholic running back Rudell Small. The 5-foot-9, 195-pounder holds a verbal offer from the Bulls, but plans to wait out a decision until after the season

RB Franklin piles up the yards

By Josh Helmholdt, CycloneReport.com Recruiting Analyst – Rivals.com

Dunnellon (Fla.) running back Juwan Franklin has been racking up the yards and touchdowns this season and along with that has been registering more attention from college coaches and picking up additional offers. With the recruiting process gathering steam, the 6-foot-0, 182-pound running back needs a little help and trusts two people to assist him with those responsibilities.

"That would be my mother and Coach [Frank] Beasley," said Franklin. "First, I think everyone trusts their mother, but with Coach Beasley, he's been there for me throughout the whole time. Mostly, make the decision I want to make is the key thing for both of them and just take my time and whichever coaches I have a good communication with is a key thing too."

Franklin boasts scholarship offers from the likes of Kentucky, Bowling Green, Iowa State, South Florida and UCF. He specifically named the coaches at Bowling Green and Iowa State as ones he has strong relationships with.

"At Iowa State, me and Coach [Chris] Ash have a good communication. We talk a lot," Franklin noted. "I talked to Coach Ash last night. We talked about setting up a visit as soon as possible. He's supposed to be giving Coach Beasley a phone call to see when exactly he can set that up. I'm thinking about December sometime."

This weekend, Franklin will take his first official visit of the process to Kentucky and talked about what he is looking forward to seeing on the trip.

"This Friday I am supposed to be taking a visit to Kentucky. That will be my first one," he noted. "I mostly want to talk to the running backs coach and the head coach. I want to see how they are running the ball because that's mostly what I am looking for is an offense that runs the ball and is passing the ball to the running backs.

"One thing I do want to see is how the coaching staff treats the players and the communication with the coaches. After I see how they treat the players and if the conversation goes good, that will give them the thumbs up. I feel like I have been communicating well with the coaches, so that sounds good to me."

Currently, Franklin considers Bowling Green, Kentucky, Iowa State and West Virginia as his top group.

There may have been a disappointing start to Rudell Small's senior season, but the finish is shaping up to be quite the opposite.

Trinity's 5-foot-10, 195-pound running back is the smallest of the big names on the roster, but TC head coach Kerwin Bell says Small might be the most important cog in the machine.

Small's focus will be on taking care of business on the field right now, but college is on his mind, and he says South Florida is a clear leader for his commitment.

He also has an offer from Temple as well as interest from South Carolina, Florida and Nebraska.

From yahoo/rivals:

November 20, 2006

Jeff Johnson

OrangeandBlueNews.com

Five-foot-eight, 190-pound Jacksonville (Fla.) Jackson running back Troy Pollard senior season ended last Friday when Jackson lost in the first round of the high school playoffs. Pollard talks about his season, recruitment in this update from the Orange&Blue News.

Pollard names Illinois and South Florida.

Guest TKBlue(Guest)

We will get better over the next few years with Moise (FR), Ponton (So) and Dorsey (FR) being VERY young and capable of improving, but we can always use a headliner at this important position.

And don't forget Samuels . . .

I agree with you totally.

And a Top RB will really bring our Offense to a Top 20 Level !