• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brett McMurphy is owed an

Guest JulmisteForPrez
No one is truely objective, no matter how much they think they are.  Everyone has biases and prejudices that influence everything they do.  BTW, columnists are not supposed to be objective.

Brett does a lot of non-column writing, and that's what I was referring to.  And regarding your statement that no one is truly objective, that is true.  I think we all realize that, but some are so far from being objective that it's hilarious.  

Examples:

1) Some UCF fans that come on here and will bash anything and everything about USF.

2) Conversely, lots of USF fans on this board who CANNOT HANDLE any comment or opinion that paints USF in anything but a glowingly beautiful and flawless light.

It's best to stay away from extremes.  But who the heck am I preaching to here......bulletin board fans....notorious (in large measure) for their insane bias.  I guess that's my mistake.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

No one is truely objective, no matter how much they think they are.  Everyone has biases and prejudices that influence everything they do.  BTW, columnists are not supposed to be objective.

Brett's not really a columnist, is he? Fennelly, Johnston, Henderson are columnists ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

He does some column work.  His blog is basically the same as a newspaper column.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

brett has been a great asset for usf

he shouldnt be treated so poorly

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

agreed

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

requesting an apology is a little pre-mature... what if we go 5-7?  

thank the guy for his coverage...  he does great work

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

appology from some of you on this board. When he predicted 6-6 you all told him he was crazy. It's looking like thats where we will finish.

First of all, why not wait until the 6th loss before posting something as stupid as this?

That's right!  If we go 7-5, the 11-1 predictions here will have been proven to be much more accurate.   ::)

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I don't see how that deserves an apology.  He predicted 6-6 and so what?  If someone predicted 5-7 and someone said they were crazy do they deserve an apology too?  It was his opinion.  I just don't think that deserves an apology.

He's a reporter, he should be used to it.  We don't have to agree with everything he says.  I haven't seen him complaining, so he's taking it like a man.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

appology from some of you on this board. When he predicted 6-6 you all told him he was crazy. It's looking like thats where we will finish.

Owe an apology?!  FSF83 What are u?  Are you Brett's Jimmy Olsen (Clark Kent, Lois Lane & Jimmy Olsen)?  Good grief!  Ya gotta be kiddin' me.  Owe an apology.  What's that all about.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Perhaps we should actually wait and let the games be played to see what our final record is before we start saying that he was right or wrong... ::)